IGNORED

Alfie Mawson

formerly known as ivan

3 minutes ago, Rascal said:

According to a few of your fans in the summer he'd have been coming to Bristol City to warm the bench anyway,  because he's not any better then what you had. 

Really? You've genuinely got nothing better to do?

2 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Its weird really because I wonder what the reaction of the barnsley forum would be if we signed up and started giving it the biggun.

Never had this from any other fanbase other than the blue few down the road and I must say there are a few striking similarities...

We've got one or two City fans on our forum, I think it's a good thing, football is all about opinions and it's good to get impartial views from other fans. 

1 minute ago, Rascal said:

We've got one or two City fans on our forum, I think it's a good thing, football is all about opinions and it's good to get impartial views from other fans. 

I agree with the fact it's healthy for opposition fans to communicate on each other's team as a matter of interest. But Barnsley fans do have some weird obsession with us, we have the odd PNE & Sheff Wed fan etc on here, but we have about 10 Barnsley lot on here! 

1 minute ago, Rascal said:

We have a few PNE fans here and even a few GAS who are generally balanced but never had fans from another club come on all smug and speak with such arrogance. The other barnsley fan on here (his username escapes me) is one of the most condescending outsider ive ever seen on here.

4 minutes ago, Rascal said:

I agree. I actually find it more interesting finding out views on BCFC from other fans over our own.

3 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Hopefully the 1 or 2 City fans are sharing well constructed thoughts! 

3 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

We have a few PNE fans here and even a few GAS who are generally balanced but never had fans from another club come on all smug and speak with such arrogance. The other barnsley fan on here (his username escapes me) is one of the most condescending outsider ive ever seen on here.

Smug, arrogant, condescending? That's your view, not mine.

The Barnsley fans on here are in the main good, knowlegeable football fans who mostly give a balanced view.

Their views and insights into LJ's time there and how everything was almost uncannily repeated here was fascinating imo.

Not so fascinating if you're a big LJ fan I suppose.

We're divisional rivals so we won't agree on everything but, like PNE fans, I welcome their input on the forum.

38 minutes ago, Rascal said:

According to a few of your fans in the summer he'd have been coming to Bristol City to warm the bench anyway,  because he's not any better then what you had. 

Trust me fella, had he signed for us, he'd instantly turn to shit, making the bench his most likely destination.

53 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Anyone know how close we actually came to signing this guy?

Currently making quite a name for himself in the premier league and tipped to be included in the next England squad. 

I know his name was mentioned a lot on here but was there anything to suggest we made an offer for him at any point?

Based on a few good games?! He has been crap most of the season.

38 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Smug, arrogant, condescending? That's your view, not mine.

The Barnsley fans on here are in the main good, knowlegeable football fans who mostly give a balanced view.

Their views and insights into LJ's time there and how everything was almost uncannily repeated here was fascinating imo.

Not so fascinating if you're a big LJ fan I suppose.

We're divisional rivals so we won't agree on everything but, like PNE fans, I welcome their input on the forum.

Its not their views on LJ I care about.

You dont remember then when 3 or 4 came on here rubbishing our squad, fans, stadiumand history etc. 

If you like that sort of input then **** me sideways.

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

More fool you for thinking our fans know what they are talking about.

9 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Its not their views on LJ I care about.

You dont remember then when 3 or 4 came on here rubbishing our squad, fans, stadiumand history etc

If you like that sort of input then **** me sideways.

No, I don't. As I say most of the comments I've seen from Barnsley fans have been sound.

Iirc one of their immature fans got a bit carried away at the start of the season and that was about it.

Apart from that, no problem, but there are some on here who didn't like hearing a few home truths about LJ, all found to be entirely justified.

BTW these comments by their fans you objected to - were they responding to negative comments on here about Barnsley, or initiating the discussion?

I do remember some over excitable, and presumably young, City fans proclaiming how much 'bigger' a club we are than Barnsley, and a few of them pointing out a few facts to contradict that, but only giving as good as they got and standing up for their club, and that's fair enough imo.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Based on a few good games?! He has been crap most of the season.

Crap is a bit harsh. First season in the Prem in a struggling team. Since Clement came in they have found some form and so has Mawson.

I guess you would rather the England squad be picked on club and reputation rather than form then? Let's get Jagielka back in then!

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

No, I don't. As I say most of the comments I've seen from Barnsley fans have been sound.

Iirc one of their immature fans got a bit carried away at the start of the season and that was about it.

Apart from that, no problem, but there are some on here who didn't like hearing a few home truths about LJ, all found to be entirely justified.

BTW these comments by their fans you objected to - were they responding to negative comments on here about Barnsley, or initiating the discussion?

I do remember some over excitable, and presumably young, City fans proclaiming how much 'bigger' a club we are than Barnsley, and a few of them pointing out a few facts to contradict that, but only giving as good as they got and standing up for their club, and that's fair enough imo.

And to be fair he did come back on and apologise for being such a knob.

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Crap is a bit harsh. First season in the Prem in a struggling team. Since Clement came in they have found some form and so has Mawson.

I guess you would rather the England squad be picked on club and reputation rather than form then? Let's get Jagielka back in then!

Maybe performing at a high level for more than a few games! Laughable.

Archived