IGNORED

Little "out for a month"

t_b

46 minutes ago, #roe said:

Not really.  We've got 3.  It's unfortunate that 1 is injured while the other experienced one has struggled for fitness as well but having 4 right backs would usually seem silly.

By pure luck.

Vyner went out on loan a centre back, and has come back having thankfully (for us now at least) played a number of games there.  Okay; played for us there prior too, but as he had said himself, he's a centre back by trade.

And I'll believe Matthews is fit when he gets through a full 90 mins.

So, yes; I'll concede we have three, but being Little was playing because Matthews was injured, and now Matthews is coming back to cover Little who is injured, and Vyner only stayed around because they were both injury concerns, and is a central defender by trade, I'm not 100% convinced this situation displays foresight of any sort on our part.

I'm hoping Vyner can step up TBH as get the impression Matthews isn't really game for another drop zone scrap, and that would mean we could potentially start against Fulham with both left and right wide areas fully staffed with academy graduates of various vintages.

Went up to Peterborough yesterday on business and my hosts were both Posh ST Holders. Knowing I was BCFC the first thing they asked was 'Hows Mark Little ?'  Told them honestly that he seems to have slowed a bit but they said he was a very popular player at Posh and missed him when he came to us. Dont wish Injury on any player and hope he recovers soon 

11 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Never questioned his effort, but quite simply one of the worst full backs I've ever seen at the club.

clueless

Without taking a moments pause I can name three right backs worse; Nicky Hunt, Gerard Lavin, Ricky Foster.

Little was a key part of the only title winning side in my life time, and scored in and help win us a cup final.

I'm not saying he's Roberto Carlos, but to say he's one of the worst full backs we've had is hyperbole of the highest order.

Edit: and if we're saying full backs as a whole, that Nothern Irish lad we got on loan from Man City might have been a left back, but was ten times worse than Little.  Just another in recent memory not fit to clean Little's boots.

4 hours ago, italian dave said:

So who do you think will be better? It's only 'good news', even on your terms, if someone else does a better job.

Well Matthews but he is rarely fit. Not sure about Vyner. We have a real problem there but I honestly don't see anyone doing any worse than Little...as much as he tries, he is liability. Good at League One though and we may be back there soon.

1 hour ago, samo II said:

Without taking a moments pause I can name three right backs worse; Nicky Hunt, Gerard Lavin, Ricky Foster.

Little was a key part of the only title winning side in my life time, and scored in and help win us a cup final.

I'm not saying he's Roberto Carlos, but to say he's one of the worst full backs we've had is hyperbole of the highest order.

Edit: and if we're saying full backs as a whole, that Nothern Irish lad we got on loan from Man City might have been a left back, but was ten times worse than Little.  Just another in recent memory not fit to clean Little's boots.

He is simply appealing at full back. I mean atrocious, no idea what he is doing.

9 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

One thing Little doesn't lack is heart, and we'll need that in abundance in the battles ahead.

Bad news.

Agreed, he gives it his all inspite of the flak he receives. If he works on closing down the oppo quicker, his awareness & distribution he'll hold his own.

Wish him a speedy recovery.

1 hour ago, cityboy99 said:

Id happily stick Brownhill there.. Next Bradley Orr in the making.

He's got a lot more ability than Orr though. I do think he could do a OK job there but Bradley was a battler and made for that right back role - won headers/tackles etc etc. Whereas Brownhill has a bit more guile/skill etc about him.

In the day of the 'modern footballer' spitting their dummies out I've got real respect for the bloke

Out with a nasty injury and a battle to get back he immediately has Adam Matthews signed and is clearly 'second choice'

It would look like he's been used when AM is unfit or 'not in the right place' and must realise that, but has given his all in every game 

There's many players , probably the vast majority who wouldn't have reacted in the same way Little has

Nowhere near the awful player some try and make out, and decent enough at the top of tier of L1 if not the Championship 

No Roberto Carlos but I can't help but struggle to criticise somebody who has a good attitude

14 hours ago, 054123 said:

He is simply appealing at full back. I mean atrocious, no idea what he is doing.

Carved out a pretty decent professional career for himself and played up to Championship football , a few medals to boot

Atrocious ?

If he's atrocious I'm sure there are buckets of Professional Footballers , let alone semi-pros , or top amateurs who wouldn't mind being 'atrocious'

Archived