IGNORED

Whose responsibility is it~ Relegation?

ontariored

4 hours ago, Bullbag said:

I've said it before, John Pemberton had as much to do with that as Johnson. It was Pembo that changed our shape and made us more solid.

McInnes never had as much quality in his squad than what Johnson has had to work with.

Really ? do you mean that comment about the quality of McInnes Squad versus today's squad ? McInnes had the following players - who if on form - I would LOVE in today's team : Cisse / Skuse / Bolasie /Carey / Adomah /Pitman /Stead / Chris Wood !

3 hours ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

It bothers me that Steve will not go for a proven manager.

I am not saying he goes for the cheap option, as you have to pay - one assumes - the Championship level of any manager, just the same as a going rate for players.

I smacks of control. Get in a puppet, who does as you want, and you have more 'control' over your club. Hire a strong willed and dominant manager, and you lose some control. That type of manager will want the lions share of control over signings, letting players go, squad size, formations, etc, etc.

Steve seems to go for the soft option.

This is why Pulis (I know :tomato:) did not stay.

He could see the clubs soft underbelly, and, frankly, he was right: we have a really soft underbelly.

Then look at that managers track record at small-ish Premier league clubs. It's excellent.

It's a results business, so you have to get in someone who gets the bloody results - we won't do that.

Chairmans right.

Only SL wasn't chairman when Pulis was here.  That was Davidson.  Not sure that's really something that can be leveled at SL.  And Let's be honest there wasn't one disappointed person when that individual went to Pompey.

2 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

I see this mentioned a lot...and whilst I obviously wouldn't welcome relegation I have to ask....would it?  Was it an absolute disaster last time?  One season of struggle and consolidation and then one of the best seasons many of us have witnessed.  

Did anyone watch us beat Sheffield United and think "well that's great and all, but I wish it was Huddersfield we'd beaten"?  

We all enjoy victories no matter who they're against, don't we?  

The key would be who we manage to actually keep hold of if the unthinkable were to happen.  If we were to retain everyone on the playing staff that we wanted to then on paper there's no reason to believe that we would have to have that season of consolidation. 

I really do think that no matter anyway what happens, LJ is going to be given the opportunity to grow in the role and we're just going along for the roller coaster ride that is supporting Bristol City!

If this is the case, then why did we sack SC!. 

After all, I would have had far more confidence in SC getting us straight back up than I do in LJ doing the same.

Im sorry, relegation would be a disaster. SL has not let LJ spend 15 million plus on players in the understanding that they will lead us to League one. 

The manager has been given the tools to work with, at the moment it's clear that he isn't capable of managing/coaching these tools into a good decent team, a team that wins more than one game in 15.

The required aim is for us to become a club that can hold its own in the Championship, relegation is not part of the 'project'.

5 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Without a doubt it will be Lansdown's. 

He needs no further evidence against his bizarre decision to appoint LJ and then continue to stick with him beyond record losing streaks and a rather pathetic 3 wins in 21 or whatever it is now. 

He's allowing the club to sleepwalk in to League One because he doesn't have strength to admit he was wrong. 

Shall we all ask him to ***k off and hope the Venkys can do a swap? or maybe if we're lucky that lot at Cov could come in and do a real good job for us

Isn't there a limit on the amount you can spend on wages in L1? Seem to recall someone, who clearly knows more than me, saying we are limited to a % of turnover. Which would presumably force us into selling a number of our best players and make it tough to come straight back up.

Really can't face the thought of having to dismantle the squad and start over yet again.

48 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Shall we all ask him to ***k off and hope the Venkys can do a swap? or maybe if we're lucky that lot at Cov could come in and do a real good job for us

What are you talking about? This isn't a dictatorship he can be questioned and has been recently and rightly. 

Putting blame against him doesn't mean we should start considering him against two of the worst owners in the league and then just accept it could be worse - as a supporter I want to see and dream of seeing City being the best in the world. 

Sleepwalking back to L1 after over £12m spent this year is pathetic and deserves to be questioned. 

Venkys have spent less than £1m this season and are only 3 points behind us seeing as you mention them,though - but I'm sure there's things like bad luck or bad refereeing we can find to blame instead, not our dear leader. 

10 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

What are you talking about? This isn't a dictatorship he can be questioned and has been recently and rightly. 

Putting blame against him doesn't mean we should start considering him against two of the worst owners in the league and then just accept it could be worse - as a supporter I want to see and dream of seeing City being the best in the world. 

Sleepwalking back to L1 after over £12m spent this year is pathetic and deserves to be questioned. 

Venkys have spent less than £1m this season and are only 3 points behind us seeing as you mention them,though - but I'm sure there's things like bad luck or bad refereeing we can find to blame instead, not our dear leader. 

I totally respect your views, and of course he is not beyond critisism, BUT he has done a bloody lot for this football club. For your information, I am one of those that would gladly see the back of LJ as manager after such poor results, but I accept that it isn't gonna be my decision to make. It is only a bleeding relagation battle, no one has died ffs.  I'm not saying you personally, but there are people on here who are acting like spoilt kids just because they can't immediately have their way . I say to all.. get behind the team tomorrow as we did Vs Wednesday and not AT them like in the Rotherham game. Even if you don't want Johnson long-term

6 hours ago, 8menhadadream said:

I'm definitely no happy clapper tfj but how the hell are we, just the plain old fans, to blame in any way for this fiasco? :fear:

By not shouting and singing loud enough, I would sing and shout from here, but unfortunately they can't hear me.

13 hours ago, rockinredrobin said:

Really ? do you mean that comment about the quality of McInnes Squad versus today's squad ? McInnes had the following players - who if on form - I would LOVE in today's team : Cisse / Skuse / Bolasie /Carey / Adomah /Pitman /Stead / Chris Wood !

There were plenty on here that didn't rate Skuse,Pitman or Wood..believed they weren't good enough for the City.

19 hours ago, rockinredrobin said:

The reality is Skuse had stagnated and was very ordinary, Bolasie was an unproven live wire, immature and completely unpredictable, Carey was well past his best, and Stead was injury prone and a low scorer.

Wood has improved hugely since those days as a young loanee, but at that time nothing special.

Cisse a bit more solid than Hegeler perhaps.

I'd have Albert and Pitman back, two of my favourites from recent years and great players to watch.

17 hours ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

"Calm down, calm down" everyone.

Jesus.

I think THIS puts EVERYTHING into it's proper perspective:-

.......... see what I mean - love :wub: trumps hate everytime.

tfj

Is it her eyes?

I think it's the eyes ............

:wub:

tfj

Steve Lansdown has been incredibly supportive to LJ and should have stepped in some time ago to avert a slide that will relegate the team. We have won 3 games in the past 20 league games, losing 14.  The team aren't capable of playing for 90 minutes without falling apart, even if they are winning 2 or 3 nil  and they have conceded 2 goals in 8 of the last 10 league games. The players don't seem to know what the system being played is and the substitutions don't seem to make sense on many occasions. 

Clearly LJ has been at the helm, but when the slide continued and gathered pace SL should've stepped in when the warning signs were flashing, rather than compound the misery. No one can say that SL didn't give LJ every backing but surely now, enough is enough. SL would probably admit that he stepped in too late to change the person at the top on the rugby side of things when it was clearly evident that those in charge weren't going to deliver. 

It would be tragic if City get relegated given the money SL invested in the team, but no one including SL can say this wasn't foreseeable given that the slide down the table started 10 games or so into the season and has continued almost relentlessly since then, leaving us one place above the relegation zone after 31 games. As such we find ourselves with 10 weeks of the end of the season staring relegation in the face, a defence shipping goals and a depleted forward line unable to score the 3 or 4 goals required to get a victory and confidence so low that they wouldn't know how to hang onto the lead even if they had it. 

Given this, given the monumental amount of evidence that it's not working surely SL has to act now and change the manager as he's simply not up to the job. Surely it's worth one more roll of the dice, and let face it, two of your teams being relegated in the same season due to you not stepping early enough, would be no ones fault but your own this time. 

22 hours ago, desert said:

It's the managers fault that we are under performing on the pitch. It's the chairman's fault that he's still here

Absolutely right mate. I take it you mean SL. The man who is the owner but still behaves like the Chairman of a non-existent Board.

What a farce. "The invisibles" -  Keith Dawe etc. etc. They're the ones that really make the blood boil.

51 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Absolutely right mate. I take it you mean SL. The man who is the owner but still behaves like the Chairman of a non-existent Board.

What a farce. "The invisibles" -  Keith Dawe etc. etc. They're the ones that really make the blood boil.

Players . Manager. Board 

in that order 

On 2/20/2017 at 16:56, 8menhadadream said:

IF we were to apportion blame for our current predicament, surely whoever appointed LJ would be in the firing line? Correct me if I'm wrong but surely that was Ashton wasn't it? He runs the football side after all, not Steve Lansdown. I thought SL just signs the cheques nowadays and leaves the running of his clubs to various CEO's.

You'd think so, wouldn't you? You'd think SL would have to carry the can. Perhaps if there had been one or two wretched appointments you would forgive him, but it keeps happening like clockwork.

I got crucified on here for daring to slate the dynamic duo.

Won't stop me doing it, mind.

Archived