IGNORED

Have you read these posts on OTIB?

Marina's Rolls Royce

41 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

So an underperforming Villa team is justification to some to continue blindly not question our underperforming team and manager. Yeah good one.

How about the majority of the division we have outspent and seen no reward for.

I've carefully looked through this thread and I cannot see one SINGLE post which states in any way that they are justifying an underperforming team or manager. Even in my OP , I clearly state and summarise it saying " we are indeed shit". 

The problem with your post ( and not just yours on this particular thread) is that you're having a go at what other posters are saying without anyone actually saying it. 

There's a lot of angry people such as yourself who , imo, seem to think that anyone who isn't really negative about all things BCFC is therefore positive or content about the position we are in.

I think all of us are pretty damn miserable to be so close to the relegation zone and pretty fed up with LJ but there are those, me included, that haven't thrown the towel in because we still see some positives and still think we'll stay up- just.

And no, that's not an achievement but it's better than the alternative and right now it's the best I can hope for.

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

But surely what we need is a an experienced "been there seen it all" Manager to assist/replace LJ, like errrr Steve Bruce? :whistle: 

Extremely interesting to hear that Villa fans have a very dim (and similar) set of views. I've never liked Steve Bruce's style of play or players but I'll admit that I thought he was exactly what we needed when we started losing a sequence of games in October.

It's worth everyone recognising that "been there, done that" managers do not guarantee success. Nigel Pearson proved that last season with Derby and Steve Bruce is highlighting the same with Villa.

9 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Extremely interesting to hear that Villa fans have a very dim (and similar) set of views. I've never liked Steve Bruce's style of play or players but I'll admit that I thought he was exactly what we needed when we started losing a sequence of games in October.

It's worth everyone recognising that "been there, done that" managers do not guarantee success. Nigel Pearson proved that last season with Derby and Steve Bruce is highlighting the same with Villa.

I totally agree and not every young and up and coming Manager is the answer either. My point really is that people say that this is what we need with such certainty. 

6 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

It's amazing how something sounds if you are selective with an edited quotation.

?? I selected the bit that said, "Steve Bruce last night- the man who has managed 3 points less than Lee "

Does it make any difference to the point if the whole sentence is reproduced?

As follows:

"Well you've probably read similar on OTIB but these are all quotes from Villa Talk Forum about Steve Bruce last night- the man who has managed 3 points less than Lee , having played one more game than us in 2017 with a team assembled at a cost of £70,000,000 ( the cost of our new stadium, our new squad  and with £5m to spare) since July."

Several replies indicate others like me assuming that you were, in part at least, attempting a comparison of Bruce with Johnson, but maybe you weren't, despite comparing their recent records in the same sentence.

You also said we are shit, I don't believe we are, I see a lot of average - not great, not shit - players who should be higher in the league, but aren't.

3 hours ago, Alessandro said:

That's kind of you to reply! When he did that to me the other day I just thought "what's the point in replying??!" :facepalm:

Listen to yourself.

So what did you do, tell your mum?

1 minute ago, NickJ said:

?? I selected the bit that said, "Steve Bruce last night- the man who has managed 3 points less than Lee "

Well you've probably read similar on OTIB but these are all quotes from Villa Talk Forum about Steve Bruce last night- the man who has managed 3 points less than Lee , having played one more game than us in 2017 with a team assembled at a cost of £70,000,000 ( the cost of our new stadium, our new squad  and with £5m to spare) since July. 

Several replies indicate others like me assuming that you were, in part at least, attempting a comparison of Bruce with Johnson, but maybe you weren't, despite comparing their recent records in the same sentence.

You also said we are shit, I don't believe we are, I see a lot of average - not great, not shit - players who should be higher in the league, but aren't.

Listen to yourself.

So what did you do, tell your mum?

:clapping::rofl2br:This has put such a huge smile on my face. Thanks!

36 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Villa have been (slightly) better than us over the last 10 games - everyone has been apart from Rotherham.

Shame we are not technically competing against Rotherham.

Last 10:-

City  W1 D2 L7 Conceded 21

Villa  W1 D2 L7 Conceded 17

tfj

These posts that pick a number of games to make a point are everywhere. Our form is bad you don't have to try and make it look worse. you even conveniently left detail out to further make your point. I guess the fact and that we have scored 15 and Villa just 7 didn't play well with you, the factis that if there was a 10 game league table we would be above them on GD. 

2 hours ago, NickJ said:

As follows:

"Well you've probably read similar on OTIB but these are all quotes from Villa Talk Forum about Steve Bruce last night- the man who has managed 3 points less than Lee , having played one more game than us in 2017 with a team assembled at a cost of £70,000,000 ( the cost of our new stadium, our new squad  and with £5m to spare) since July."

I quote you:

"Part of your concluding summary is......."   In reality my concluding summary as is usual is the last sentence which is there for all to see.

I'm gonna have to call you out on this Nick- 

1) When was the last positive post you made about anything BCFC this year- the squad, team , manager or club? - please copy and paste.

2) Are you actually going to the games currently?

16 hours ago, RichardEdd said:

These posts that pick a number of games to make a point are everywhere. Our form is bad you don't have to try and make it look worse. you even conveniently left detail out to further make your point. I guess the fact and that we have scored 15 and Villa just 7 didn't play well with you, the factis that if there was a 10 game league table we would be above them on GD. 

No.

That's our form over the last 10 games - how much more relevant can you get??

It's called "facts". I got it from the BBC website, which happens to have a form table going back 10 games.

I wish our form was better, but I am not the manager.

Yet.

:fingerscrossed:

tfj

15 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I'm gonna have to call you out on this Nick- 

1) When was the last positive post you made about anything BCFC this year- the squad, team , manager or club? - please copy and paste.

2) Are you actually going to the games currently?

Call me out, that's funny. We are talking about a football team, not closet homosexuals. And if I do not meet up to your expectations, of not saying anything positive, and not attending enough games, what will you do, put me on the naughty step?

1) I do not keep a log of my posts, but I would hope that most things I have said this year have been critical. Unlike a couple of years ago, where most things I said for quite a while were positive and supportive of the team and manager.

2) I'm a super fan. I have had a season ticket for more years of my 54 year old life than not, even during many of the twenty odd years playing amateur football. I have seen City play at 80 of the current football league grounds and loads which are now non league. A few years ago the only game I missed home or away all season was Burnley away (I was in Austria). I once made a 20 mile round trip to Ashton Gate knowing I would only reach the ground in time for the final 5 minutes which was a good decision as we scored a last minute winner. I have indoctrinated all of my kids to spend a life time of suffering the same as we will but what noble and honourable suffering that will be. And I'm pissed off that our club did not support our most successful manager in donkeys years in order to replace him with what we have now.

1 hour ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

No.

That's our form over the last 10 games - how much more relevant can you get??

It's called "facts". I got it from the BBC website, which happens to have a form table going back 10 games.

I wish our form was better, but I am not the manager.

Yet.

:fingerscrossed:

tfj

The point I was making was that virtually nowhere automatically produces a form table for 10 games. And when discussed in articles, betting advice etc. form is nearly always 6 games, occasionally less. 10 is better for you because it makes our form look worse. I notice you also ignore the point about you not including all info.  You have produce facts but are using them inaccurately -  you try to make our form worse than AV's by giving goals conceded instead of GD. 

Great that you are using facts but don't manipulate them. We could all do that, I could give you a factual league table with us way up the table if I presented the facts with info omitted. 

57 minutes ago, NickJ said:

. I once made a 20 mile round trip to Ashton Gate knowing I would only reach the ground in time for the final 5 minutes which was a good decision as we scored a last minute winner. I have indoctrinated all of my kids to spend a life time of suffering the same as we will but what noble and honourable suffering that will be. And I'm pissed off that our club did not support our most successful manager in donkeys years in order to replace him with what we have now.

Ha ha, brilliant. :clapping:

Not so brilliant. :grr:

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

Call me out, that's funny. We are talking about a football team, not closet homosexuals. And if I do not meet up to your expectations, of not saying anything positive, and not attending enough games, what will you do, put me on the naughty step?

1) I do not keep a log of my posts, but I would hope that most things I have said this year have been critical. Unlike a couple of years ago, where most things I said for quite a while were positive and supportive of the team and manager.

2) I'm a super fan. I have had a season ticket for more years of my 54 year old life than not, even during many of the twenty odd years playing amateur football. I have seen City play at 80 of the current football league grounds and loads which are now non league. A few years ago the only game I missed home or away all season was Burnley away (I was in Austria). I once made a 20 mile round trip to Ashton Gate knowing I would only reach the ground in time for the final 5 minutes which was a good decision as we scored a last minute winner. I have indoctrinated all of my kids to spend a life time of suffering the same as we will but what noble and honourable suffering that will be. And I'm pissed off that our club did not support our most successful manager in donkeys years in order to replace him with what we have now.

Failure to answer either question so I can only guess at the reality. 

I didn,t ask  for a life story I asked if you currently go to matches and anything you have posted that ISNT critical this year.

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

I have seen City play at 80 of the current football league grounds and loads which are now non league. 

I have to take my hat off to that. Very impressive. 

By my reckoning the maximum any City fan can have is 84, as there are 8 current league grounds that we've never played at (Arsenal, West Ham, Man City, Oxford, Barnet, Morecambe, Accrington and Newport). Kingsmeadow is one of the 84 as although we haven't played AFC Wimbledon there, we did play Kingstonian in 2001. 

I doubt there are many City fans who can do better than 80. If you don't mind me asking, what are the 4 you're missing?

10 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Failure to answer either question so I can only guess at the reality. 

I didn,t ask  for a life story I asked if you currently go to matches and anything you have posted that ISNT critical this year.

:pacifier:

Yes and Nothing.

Johnson out.....

...and whoever appointed him.

2 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Did I?

Show me.

I'm not looking through your posts again- it was depressing enough the first time round! From memory it was the one about your son going and you had enough of going after the Reading match.

But I think we're done here now- don't you? In my opinion I think you're overly negative about everything to do with BCFC in all your posts and ,imo, you feel it's all warranted which I don't. We're never gonna agree so let's just agree on that...

On 2/21/2017 at 08:26, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Recognise these?

"The team is an empty shell. There is no fist clenching leader, players stare each other down when passes go astray. We have no best XI, we have no style, we bring in top players and convert them to mediocre players within days and the coaching team seem to be lost and out of their depth."

"The Manager is an ace turd polisher. Give him crap and he'll turn it into crap +10% but give him talent and ask him to mould it into a decent team and he hasn't a clue."

"We can quite realistically lose EVERY remaining game this season and be facing Doncaster and Carlisle in six months time. "

"I like him as a person but he - and his coaches - are out of their depth and the players know it!"

"How can anyone now defend what is completely indefensible? I hate the idea of changing our manager but I have no idea what else we can do."

"I rate him as a manager but he just looks totally out of his depth and bereft of any ideas. The bit that really worries me is the total absence of any sort of Plan B coupled with his patent inability to instil any sort of confidence or backbone in the players."

"What can he try next? Running out of ideas. Will be just repeat the same ones on a loop? Back to 3 at the back in a few weeks. "

"If you are talking about the fans, expectation and hope are rock bottom. We would be sky high with joy if we got a win. Expectations have never been so low, and I have been supporting this club since prehistoric times."

"In relegation fight now but even he should manage to keep us up. Has to be gone by next season though. He's clueless and not the man we need by a longshot." 
"Just go and get Dean Smith. Brentford played us off the park with a younger team and less talent. We need exactly what he's brought to Brentford."

"Mentally there is something seriously wrong at this club, so wrong that the same problems persist despite change of  managers and players. I'm not defending him at all and am probably leaning more towards getting rid than keeping but the depressing thing is we're likely going to be seeing the same shameful weakness and general losing attitude regardless of who is manager. I don't know how we get out of this."

Well you've probably read similar on OTIB but these are all quotes from Villa Talk Forum about Steve Bruce last night- the man who has managed 3 points less than Lee , having played one more game than us in 2017 with a team assembled at a cost of £70,000,000 ( the cost of our new stadium, our new squad  and with £5m to spare) since July. 

Reading about other fan's misery and realising we're not alone -makes me a much less miserable fickle footie fan . We are indeed shit but it looks like there may be teams that are shitter.

Johnson out

On 21/02/2017 at 08:26, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Recognise these?

"The team is an empty shell. There is no fist clenching leader, players stare each other down when passes go astray. We have no best XI, we have no style, we bring in top players and convert them to mediocre players within days and the coaching team seem to be lost and out of their depth."

"The Manager is an ace turd polisher. Give him crap and he'll turn it into crap +10% but give him talent and ask him to mould it into a decent team and he hasn't a clue."

"We can quite realistically lose EVERY remaining game this season and be facing Doncaster and Carlisle in six months time. "

"I like him as a person but he - and his coaches - are out of their depth and the players know it!"

"How can anyone now defend what is completely indefensible? I hate the idea of changing our manager but I have no idea what else we can do."

"I rate him as a manager but he just looks totally out of his depth and bereft of any ideas. The bit that really worries me is the total absence of any sort of Plan B coupled with his patent inability to instil any sort of confidence or backbone in the players."

"What can he try next? Running out of ideas. Will be just repeat the same ones on a loop? Back to 3 at the back in a few weeks. "

"If you are talking about the fans, expectation and hope are rock bottom. We would be sky high with joy if we got a win. Expectations have never been so low, and I have been supporting this club since prehistoric times."

"In relegation fight now but even he should manage to keep us up. Has to be gone by next season though. He's clueless and not the man we need by a longshot." 
"Just go and get Dean Smith. Brentford played us off the park with a younger team and less talent. We need exactly what he's brought to Brentford."

"Mentally there is something seriously wrong at this club, so wrong that the same problems persist despite change of  managers and players. I'm not defending him at all and am probably leaning more towards getting rid than keeping but the depressing thing is we're likely going to be seeing the same shameful weakness and general losing attitude regardless of who is manager. I don't know how we get out of this."

Reading about other fan's misery and realising we're not alone -makes me a much less miserable fickle footie fan . We are indeed shit but it looks like there may be teams that are shitter.

What course of action would you advocate?

1 minute ago, kingswood red said:

What course of action would you advocate?

The Op was a bit of fun and not "advocating" anything. My final paragraph sums up the OP.

But if your question is serious rather than rhetorical then I'll give you my twopenneth worth.

3 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Great original post, thoughtful.  But Villa's expectations are higher, their base position worse - shocking squad of wasters.  Villa fan in my office isn't blaming Bruce, he's blaming the players.

The Villa fan may have a point- two separate managers can't get the Championship's most expensively assembled squad to perform. The comparison which can be made with Lee is that we don't yet know if it's down to him, the players or both.

Archived