IGNORED

Tonights Games

Super

Really enjoyed watching Man City vs Monaco if thats allowed.. :facepalm:

I know its a football cliche to focus on your own results rather than other teams, but Wigan losing really was massive for us. The psychological impact of dropping into the bottom 3 is something we could really do without. A draw would have kept QPR in the mix but all I care about is being as far away from that bottom 3 as possible.

7 hours ago, Shtanley said:

I've said all season we won't be in the bottom 3 at any point. I didn't realise the fixtures tonight. Fingers crossed I'm right. 

The fingers crossed worked and the voodoo doll worked as well.

1 hour ago, nickolas said:

So beat Fulham, Newcastle and Villa we'll be miles clear!:cool:

That's the spirit, you just need to persuade some others to be a little bit more positive.

1 hour ago, Garland-sweden said:

If QPR win and we take all points tomorrow, we are five points ahead Wigan and one game in hand.

And you would hope that this will incentivise the team.

Next 3 games, I'd take 4 points. Anything up and beyond this will be a bonus.

As to those around us, they just have to carry on playing shit.

1 hour ago, Super said:

4-3 city. Wow

You seriously posted '4-3 City' on a Bristol City forum but you weren't talking about our team?!

It's just like the media who talk/write about City and United and they assume the whole world knows they are talking about the two Manc clubs...

To me 'City' will always mean Bristol City....petty, but true...

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

Fully agree with the sentiment of 3 of the 4 statements, but 'In Johnson we trust' after 2 wins in 17, really?

Twas somewhat with tongue pressed firmly into cheek babber.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

I've corrected your post as you obviously forgot to delete the predictive text.

:whistle:

Sorry, felt right at the time.

But 'He did know what he was doing' with the subs last home game against Rotherham. Just hope he sets the side up right from the start tomorrow.

8 hours ago, Shtanley said:

I've said all season we won't be in the bottom 3 at any point. I didn't realise the fixtures tonight. Fingers crossed I'm right. 

Last season you said we'd finish above Blackburn....will that be enough this season?

8 hours ago, Monkeh said:

it will be toxic enough if we concede, it could be a Sheffield united type game under sod (not the quality of football but atmosphere and 40% of those in attendance disappearing at half time) 

Worst game I've ever been too...I know sine of you have been to a lot worse!

1 hour ago, samo II said:

As it stands in the Championship.

Could really do with a Derby goal...

IMG_3072.PNG

Is the right hand column, goals?

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You seriously posted '4-3 City' on a Bristol City forum but you weren't talking about our team?!

It's just like the media who talk/write about City and United and they assume the whole world knows they are talking about the two Manc clubs...

Er we weren't playing.

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Entirely reasonable shorthand in a thread called "tonight's games" on a night when we weren't playing.

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

be nice to win our games in hand, would relieve pressure on Johnson, and more importantly put us 8 points clear of Wigan, 

Fingers crossed eh?

Yes; hopefully we can use the decent position other clubs have handed us well.

To flip it the other way (and not being "negative" but pragmatic); if we don't get something from tonight (a draw would do), we hand the initiative back to the opposition, as losing to Fulham would leave Blackburn and Wigan still just a single victory from levelling up or overtaking us.

Big psychological boost for us if we can take advantage tonight; other results have made the game more important than it looked a week ago.

Really hoping the lads are up for this one.

COYR

Archived