IGNORED

League 1

Calluum11

1 minute ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Lets wait and see who we bring in and what he can do with a pretty talented squad before we start thinking about League 1. Theres no reason whatsoever why we should be resigning ourselves to relegation.

Well there's no evidence of us bringing anyone in, Johnson is still there after the worst run in the clubs history..

1 minute ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Lets wait and see who we bring in and what he can do with a pretty talented squad before we start thinking about League 1. Theres no reason whatsoever why we should be resigning ourselves to relegation.

Absolutely agree. In fact one of the most remarkable things about this truly abysmal run is that we still have a very realistic chance of staying up.

It really is now or never if we're going to make a change though. Just cannot see how there is any justification whatsoever for LJ remaining in the job.

4 minutes ago, Calluum11 said:

Well there's no evidence of us bringing anyone in, Johnson is still there after the worst run in the clubs history..

Im confused. Why would there be any evidence of bringing somebody in when LJ is still in charge?  And what would such evidence be?

He'll be gone tomorrow and we'll have somebody in by the next home game.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You honestly think the board are happy to see us in League One? Utter rubbish.

I don't think they are, but I think they will back Johnson and if they do league 1 is the outcome.

The club have give Johnson the transfer window (rightly or wrongly), we now become unattractive to a new guy, can't bring in their own players etc , etc 

I would add this squad is more than capable to keep us up 

Answer your own question;

Will Johnson keep us up?

If not when DO they act?

1 minute ago, daored said:

I don't think they are, but I think they will back Johnson and if they do league 1 is the outcome.

The club have give Johnson the transfer window (rightly or wrongly), we now become unattractive to a new guy, can't bring in their own players etc , etc 

Will Johnson keep us up?

If not when DO they act?

Personally I think he should have gone after Cardiff, if not sooner, but I don't see how he can survive tonight.

I actually think we are an attractive proposition to a prospective manager. We still have a realistic chance of survival, we have a half decent squad, a terrific stadium, and the new man would not be blamed if we went down. There are worse jobs.

2 minutes ago, daored said:

Will Johnson keep us up?

If not when DO they act?

This squad is capable, but with Johnson in charge it's not working. 

He's had a lot of money to spend and surely the board need to now realise that he isn't the manager to get them to where the squad could and should be.

2 minutes ago, Calluum11 said:

He's had a lot of money to spend and surely the board need to now realise that he isn't the manager to get them to where the squad could and should be.

My problem is that I'm not convinced the squad is capable of keeping us in this division.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Personally I think he should have gone after Cardiff, if not sooner, but I don't see how he can survive tonight.

I actually think we are an attractive proposition to a prospective manager. We still have a realistic chance of survival, we have a half decent squad, a terrific stadium, and the new man would not be blamed if we went down. There are worse jobs.

2 minutes ago, Calluum11 said:

Like you both I want this club to succeed, want to say that first.

My personal opinion is, unless Johnson hands in his resignation tonight (I don't expect him to, nor do I blame him for not doing so) he will be in charge on Saturday at Newcastle. I also think he will be in charge the following week against Burton and Villa.

I agree with you both about the squad. My point was, every manager wants to bring in their own players. I personally think the only way we will survive is with a new guy in charge. I just don't think the club will react soon enough, if they react. I get the impression that SL is waiting for us to drop into the bottom three, the worry is, if we do that on the lase day of the season 

3 minutes ago, Malago said:

My problem is that I'm not convinced the squad is capable of keeping us in this division.

The squad is good, but the constant formation changes, he still after all this time doesn't know his best team. He still changes the squad for every single match, today, no Paterson, O'Dowda, Engvall..

After a struggling season last year, that transfer policy of buying lots of young players with potential and foreign players with no experience of the league was asking for trouble. And it's turned out to be so. Mark Ashton has to shoulder a lot of this blame as well as LJ.

2 minutes ago, Dingbat said:

After a struggling season last year, that transfer policy of buying lots of young players with potential and foreign players with no experience of the league was asking for trouble. And it's turned out to be so. Mark Ashton has to shoulder a lot of this blame as well as LJ.

Are they being given the chance? 

Magnusson? Missed a few games through injury yet with our defence being so poor he hasn't even come close to playing since?

O'Dowda? Injury v Reading (thought he had a good game) hardly seen since..

Engvall? Who knows what's happening there, if he isn't loaning him out why not in the squad tonight?

1 minute ago, Calluum11 said:

Are they being given the chance? 

Magnusson? Missed a few games through injury yet with our defence being so poor he hasn't even come close to playing since?

O'Dowda? Injury v Reading (thought he had a good game) hardly seen since..

Engvall? Who knows what's happening there, if he isn't loaning him out why not in the squad tonight?

I'm not writing any of them off - most of them will leave in the next few years and probably go on to great(er) things. But don't think the balance was right in the summer, and January just seemed desperate. Not enough proven championship signings - those are the types that would bring these young players on. 

21 minutes ago, Bob Thompson said:

Are Magnusson Engvail and Odowda better then Wright Taylor and Cottrill?

Better questions would be; are Wright, O'Dowda, Engvall, better than Flint, Djuric, and Bryan.

The only questionable one there is Engvall being better than Djuric, Bryan can't cross, and Flint should, due been dropped a while ago, he needs a break.

Archived