IGNORED

Statue Of Atyeo?

This has been suggested before and in the ligh of that fantastic post about him its worth bringing it up again.

Atyeo isn't only a legend of BCFC but a footballing legend and the club should celebrate having him in a way of a statue someone. I would be happy to donate towards it if the club cannot fund it and I'm sure many others would.

Where would we put it though?

But its something that needs doing as we do not celebrate our history enough and its in depressing constant Div 2 seasons like this that you need remebering that our club once was great and had true legends in it and it certainly can hit those great hights again.

one day.

A statue to a great is always a good idea.

My sad J.A story is that I attended the Avenue Primary School in Warminster and he used to watch matches from a fence/gate... The day he died a helicopter landed on our school field to lift him to hospital, I remember it so well as I was attending an assembly about the history of the shaving razor (those crazy teachers) at the time.

Where would it go? Outside of the Atyeo Stand? Either that or somewhere outside of the Players Entrance.

No where to put it outside the Atyeo stand, players entrance is same place!

I would say somewhere by one of the two main entrances. So everyone who walks in sees it. (unless they go the other way!)

Outside the Williams somewhere would be good. its the mian boardroom enterance to the ground and the away fans get to see it. Maybe a big one of atyeo in middle the legend with a few little ones of other greats.

Whats the costs on these things?

Excellent idea. Like the idea of having it on the roundabout aswell. Maybe we should start a campagin off our own backs? I'd be more than willing to help out.

Would we need to contact the council or something to ask about using the roundabout? I've seen some roundabouts that are sponsered by certain companies so I reckon it'd be possible. It would cement the fact that we want to stay at ashton gate too.

I think its a brilliant idea.

I wonder how much Stanley Matthews one cost at Stoke - it was made by a firm near Oswestry (I know - because I went to go and see them make it) If someone wants to give them a try I can give you the number.

Another consideration though - IF we decide to move to a new stadium (and its a possibility), can we take the statue with us ?

I would be more than happy to help out in any way I could,I think its a brilliant idea.Outside of the stadium of light in Portugal they had a big Eusabio statue and it looked great.

If the Ask Steve L forum was open we could put a post on there..........

I have £100 in my back pocket, ready to start the fund....

just get a committe going and open a bank account - all above board and we can start, if you wait go for the club to do it you will be waiting a long time.

I am with you on that BB and am happy to help out with organising a committee.

I am happy to set up an account and approach the club with the idea, but need a few established fans on side to be cheque signatures etc who will be able to vouch for safe management of the fund. some one like Edson or Dave L if they have time.

I am handicapped by living a good hour and a half away from Bristol, but am happy to set things up and get it moving.

Archived