IGNORED

Position Untenable

Swede

After witnessing that abject performance tonight I cannot help but feel the board have no alternative now but to relieve him of his duties.

Don't get me wrong I was willing him to turn it around and thus the board vindicates their decision to give him an extended contract and that in essence I fear is what's holding them back from sacking him as that would be admitting they got it wrong in the first place.

I think we have improved the squad, the development squad & bolstered the backroom staff, the only area that needs changing now is the coach.

He is clearly out of his depth, witness the ever changing formations, at least three in tonight's match so you end up with the players just as totally confused as the coach.

In recent losses we have been in the games or way on top and then just fallen away (Brentford & Cardiff for example) but tonight we have hit a new low ebb and for me that is down simply to the coaching.

Too much tinkering week in week out so that no one knows where they stand.

How can you play as a team like that?

He ruined Richard O'Donnell's confidence by playing an injured Fielding over him.

Played Korey Smith who was clearly carrying an injury who then broke down.

Reid, Pack, Mags, GON, Pato have all played and are then frozen out.

Ask anybody for a starting 11 and they'll all be different.

He just doesn't seem to know what to do.

Considering they were a mid table Championship side we made them look world beaters tonight.

We have steadily gone backwards and now the performances are suffering.

I cannot conceivably see how he can turn things around. 

I don't think that the players believe in him anymore.

I firmly believe that a new coach will give us the added 10% motivation and desire to turn this around before its too late.

I don't believe in "Premier League" knee jerk reactions and I like to think most City fans as much as possible back every manager through the bad times but last night was clearly a marker that he is now way out of his depth especially with the crowd's reaction.

I can't see anyway back now as he's lost the public support & any negative result will heap more pressure on him.

Without any intervention now we will be in the bottom three by the weekend with little indication of arresting the situation apart from empty comments.

Its really sad and I do feel for him but we must stay in this division whatever happens now and rebuild for next year.

Archived