IGNORED

Breakfast with Steve (Merged)

BigAl&Toby

2 hours ago, Spoons said:

Bristol city has a long successful road ahead due to the hard work and money of SL. We are now becoming a self funding club and if you don't like the progress off the field or the new stadium then you are in a small minority. Things change and seems like you need to adapt to that change.

Bristol city own Ashton gate and bristol sport run the business !! How hard is it to work out why that is a good thing. ??

Because I don't think BCFC own Ashton Gate. Or Ashton Vale. Or anything else that BCFC once owned or that's been bought in recent years under the guise of "the club".

I thought SL was the ultimate beneficial owner. Now I'm sure it's not his name on the deeds but a complex web of holding companies holding other holding companies.

But the monkey at the top of the tree will, I think, be SL.

As I've said before a shrewd investment. 

Lansdown will crack open his PPT presentation, realise a few short slides in its complete rubbish, bring up a new one and repeat that six or seven times. 

Then he'll just say absolutely nothing and his OTIB fanboys will shower him with flowers and applause while telling him how pretty his PPT slides looked.

11 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Experienced that first hand once upon a short time ago. In spite of appreciating the effort made by the cafe's kitchen to try and gouge an extra £2 out of unassuming punters for trying to make their 'beans on toast' appear as if they wanna be all french and la-di-da like' legumes on croute with a hint of seasoning honey' I insisted on a separate plate; I needed this 'i explained' to ensure a smooth transition of the beans to the correct side of the toast because, frankly my dear, for £6, I was not prepared to see one bean fall off the edge.

A marvellous interlude of silence followed and much banter behind the scenes before a spare plate appeared beside my plateful of artistic creation. Satisfied and leaving the requisite tip, just to illustrate that beans on toast lovers were also nice people, I bid them good day never to return. The place has since closed and is now a pie shop. Proper job.

Now lets ave us a proper manager who rolls his sleeves up and motivates his team instead of a Savile Row bedecked theoretician with his loafers, kravat and caped crusader collar.

Top notch. Every word of it. :clap:

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

To me that says that wheels are in motion on a change. 

Hardly a surprise but there must be discussions going on. 

I'm not so sure he'll be able to do much to help the Rugby out this season though. 

I think the Rugby Team have a better chance than us actually as not picking up points in the games we expect to.

• Admin
8 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

There is a lot of irony in this

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

To me that says that wheels are in motion on a change. 

Or he is still convinced LJ is the man to save us?

3 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

Fair shout! Get her doing our pre and post match interviews. Straight to the point :) 

She is just retweeting the Q&A

53 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

The rugby boys are doomed aren't they?

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good. Maybe SL's been doing a 'North Korea' and people are telling him we're top of the league, the rugby boys are top of the league and we'll win the Prem next season before going on to European and World domination?  That's what the North Korean power told their people (actually they told them they had won the last 2 World cups beating Brazil 7-0 and Portugal 6-0 in the finals).

Who is Della?

Any banners? Or boos?

Or a chorus from the Dolman of We Want Johnson Out?

I reckon at the end a few of those tracksuited youths will stand up, wander amongst the masses and clap them for coming Tomlin style :)

Did he go for red or brown? Richmond dressed up as Organic Old Spot?

9 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Who is Della?

Any banners? Or boos?

Or a chorus from the Dolman of We Want Johnson Out?

I reckon at the end a few of those tracksuited youths will stand up, wander amongst the masses and clap them for coming Tomlin style :)

Did he go for red or brown? Richmond dressed up as Organic Old Spot?

She's my friend, she isn't on here but is a business owner and so attends the lansdown club events. She's who I went with to the gala dinner back in December when I was posting stuff from there on here. 

Archived