IGNORED

Foreign manager please

And Its Smith

Huddersfield, Reading, Hull, Southampton, Middlesbrough, Fulham, Sheffield Wednesday, Watford have all had various degrees of success by appointing foreign managers.  

The average football fan wouldn't have heard of the majority of these appointments so I believe the 'who should we appoint next' posts are a bit pointless.  There will be foreign managers out there who have had success abroad that would come here for 500k-1m per year.  

Time for Ashton to consider this route as a way to success.  

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

Huddersfield, Reading, Hull, Southampton, Middlesbrough, Fulham, Sheffield Wednesday, Watford have all had various degrees of success by appointing foreign managers.  

The average football fan wouldn't have heard of the majority of these appointments so I believe the 'who should we appoint next' posts are a bit pointless.  There will be foreign managers out there who have had success abroad that would come here for 500k-1m per year.  

uneasy with a foreign manager at this time,

It would be time to bring one in when he has a transfer window to work with imo, not while we are fighting relegation, it would take to much time for him to become acustom with the championship and his methords would take to long to get across to the players,

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Arsene Wenger ?

Just now, Monkeh said:

uneasy with a foreign manager at this time,

It would be time to bring one in when he has a transfer window to work with imo, not while we are fighting relegation, it would take to much time for him to become acustom with the championship and his methords would take to long to get across to the players,

Why would it take him time?  Did it take any of the others time? Not to my knowledge. Most seemed to instantly improve their respective teams

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Why would it take him time?  Did it take any of the others time? Not to my knowledge. Most seemed to instantly improve their respective teams

we havent got enough games to bed him in, if we went foreign I'd put pembo in charge until the end of the season, sack both holden and johnson, then bring the foreign manager in

I think it's the route to take, but it's also a pretty huge gamble, plenty have not been a success. 

I mean, look at David Wagner's CV, they plucked him out of near obscurity with no proven track record. He is a success story, but I think most City fan's would be up in arms if we appointed a random French/German coach with no CV.

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

we havent got enough games to bed him in, if we went foreign I'd put pembo in charge until the end of the season, sack both holden and johnson, then bring the foreign manager in

Don't understand the bedding in argument.  I don't see foreigners needing any more time than English ones to change things.  

9 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Any manager please

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

I think it's the route to take, but it's also a pretty huge gamble, plenty have not been a success. 

I mean, look at David Wagner's CV, they plucked him out of near obscurity with no proven track record. He is a success story, but I think most City fan's would be up in arms if we appointed a random French/German coach with no CV.

Why did they appoint him? There must be a reason.  Incredibly brave by Huddersfield and great foresight by probably one individual at the club.  They are now being rewarded for that.  Always seems that other teams get it right and we never do 

Why did they appoint him? There must be a reason.  Incredibly brave by Huddersfield and great foresight by probably one individual at the club.  They are now being rewarded for that.  Always seems that other teams get it right and we never do 

Came recommended by Cliperty Klopp I think. 

Don't understand the bedding in argument.  I don't see foreigners needing any more time than English ones to change things.  

language barrier, shifting family, and training routines etc, like I said I'm not against it, and would be quite supportive if we went down that route, I just think bringing one in in a relegation time with time running out isn't the best,

I could use Zola for example at Birmingham,

7 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I think that's one of the most sensible posts I have seen in regards to who should replace LJ.  Personally I'm a pragmatist he's got me till mid March if there's no solid results against the lower table clubs he has to be toast, I'm not really a fan a firing manager as I always think the problems are with more than one man.  But if we do some of the names on here that get repeated over and over are a little bit of a cliche and a decent appointment from Europe would suit what were trying to do here.  It took borro several attempts though.

Just now, RedDave said:

Most clubs get it wrong TBH but I agree with what you're saying.

A left field appointment is brave and insightful when it works, but stupid and careless when it doesn't. Football for you!

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

It's was frankly awkward listening to Gary Owers commenting last night he could see exactly what was wrong but was trying to be diplomatic .

If Owers can see the problems so clearly surely anyone with half a football brain can as well and rectify them straight away.

Starting with our Welsh international waste of ******* space Adam FO Matthews .

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

language barrier, shifting family, and training routines etc, like I said I'm not against it, and would be quite supportive if we went down that route, I just think bringing one in in a relegation time with time running out isn't the best,

I could use Zola for example at Birmingham,

Sorry but that makes no sense.  Zola has had no success anywhere he has been so that's an awful example to use.  

Wouldn't appoint one who couldn't speak English, he could move family in summer and the players would probably love a fresh approach to training.  

As I said, other managers haven't needed time to settle.  Look at Hull - they might stay up now 

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

Most clubs get it wrong TBH but I agree with what you're saying.

A left field appointment is brave and insightful when it works, but stupid and careless when it doesn't. Football for you!

For what it matters Huddersfield have been at it for a while trying to get things right, it didn't just happen.

1 minute ago, Moor2Sea said:

Realistically, Uwe Rosler my choice (assuming Warnock turns us down). 

I've said his name a few times.

He has experience and has several promotions under his belt. The championship clubs he managed weren't hugely successful times, but he was given something like 15 games at Leeds IIRC and was at Wigan as the purse strings were reigned in.

Also helping Fleetwood punch well above their weight. His teams like to work hard and press high, we saw that from Fleetwood.

Just now, RedDave said:

Agree with that.  Would be a risk but one worth taking I believe 

disagree, we need Warnock or someone of his ilk until the end of the season,

As i said I don't disagree i just think the timing is wrong and its just my opinion

20 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Wouldn't necessarily agree with that as Reading (twice), Hull (twice) and Southampton all got into the premier league recently with English managers - Steve Coppell, Brian McDermott, Phil Brown, Steve Bruce, Nigel Adkins...and of Fulham's 13 or so seasons in the premier league, about 9 of them were with a British manager at the helm...and it wasn't a Brit boss who relegated them...so I'd say that the homegrown talent is out there, but as long as we did ok and held our own in this division at least then I wouldn't care what nationality the manager was...

I'd look to a foreign country though....Wales, and Cardiff...he seems to be doing ok in this div, again...

Archived