IGNORED

Offer him what he wants.

JHAGa

People keep going on about Warnock but:

A) He has a job and Lansdown isn't going to outbid Tan.

B) The board has been consistently criticised on here for being too short-termist, but how much more short-termist can you be than appointing a near 70-year-old manager, who only accepts short-term contracts and keeps talking about wanting to retire? When he departed, we'd be in the same position as Rotherham.

C) I, for one, would think twice about renewing my ST to watch a team of old campaigners cheat, time waste and whinge their way through matches. Even if it meant we could "enjoy" mid-table mediocrity. I'd like to see us shine, and I hate how cheating is "part of the game" these days.

Missed the boat with Warnock I'm afraid. A real pity, I know many don't like him, but i would have loved (now even) to have seen him here.  Cardiff were in the shite and went out and got themselves a winner.  We were sixth and Cardiff in the relegation zone when he took over.  Now look at us/them.

9 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

B) The board has been consistently criticised on here for being too short-termist, but how much more short-termist can you be than appointing a near 70-year-old manager, who only accepts short-term contracts and keeps talking about wanting to retire? When he departed, we'd be in the same position as Rotherham.

C) I, for one, would think twice about renewing my ST to watch a team of old campaigners cheat, time waste and whinge their way through matches. Even if it meant we could "enjoy" mid-table mediocrity. I'd like to see us shine, and I hate how cheating is "part of the game" these days.

Tan has stopped investing in Cardiff for the last two years. Warnock has been trying to persuade him otherwise the last few months and for him to give it a go in the summer - he recently said things are looking more promising but nothing has yet been confirmed. We should try and get him while there's a small chance at least.

The board has been criticised for failing to appoint an experienced manager more than anything else.

Fair enough but I think having a successful team is more important than fretting over the Warnock stereotype. We've tried many other avenues and they have simply not worked. We need a manager with know how.

Just now, JHAGa said:

Tan has stopped investing in Cardiff for the last two years. Warnock has been trying to persuade him otherwise the last few months and for him to give it a go in the summer - he recently said things are looking more promising but nothing has yet been confirmed. We should try and get him while there's a small chance at least.

The board has been criticised for failing to appoint an experienced manager more than anything else.

Fair enough but I think having a successful team is more important than fretting over the Warnock stereotype. We've tried many other avenues and they have simply not worked. We need a manager with know how.

Well, it's not a stereotype is it, JHAG? Every time we see a Warnock team here they have one thing in common - cheating. Be it 12-minute "head injury" stoppages, or sly fouls off the ball, or balls deliberately kicked out the ground, etc etc etc etc. He has the rep because of the reality of his teams.

The other rep he has is for doing successful short-term firefighting jobs, but leaving teams in just as much disarray as they were when he joined.

I'd rather we appoint someone we can see being here for at least two years and maybe more, get some stability and continuity going. That man couldn't be Warnock.

Tis all hypothetical anyway, as I couldn't see SL appointing NW in a million years.

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

Well, it's not a stereotype is it, JHAG? Every time we see a Warnock team here they have one thing in common - cheating. Be it 12-minute "head injury" stoppages, or sly fouls off the ball, or balls deliberately kicked out the ground, etc etc etc etc. He has the rep because of the reality of his teams.

The other rep he has is for doing successful short-term firefighting jobs, but leaving teams in just as much disarray as they were when he joined.

I'd rather we appoint someone we can see being here for at least two years and maybe more, get some stability and continuity going. That man couldn't be Warnock.

Tis all hypothetical anyway, as I couldn't see SL appointing NW in a million years.

Sounds like a description for a Mourinho or Simeone team but you wouldn't turn those down just because of their antics. He has a rep of knowing how to get results. Fans of teams he manages don't complain when he's winning them games.

Apart from Leeds, who weren't left in disarray anyway, the other jobs he's had in recent years usually leave a team in 'disarray' in the Premier League. I'd take that.

I'd rather we appoint a long-term, succesful manager. But we've tried and failed. We didn't even back Cotterill, for goodness sake. It's the same shite every twelve months. Time we got somebody in with a bit of experience and know-how.

I do agree. It's our loss.

10 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

You forgot to mention winning!

I'm sorry lads but I can't see Warnock joining you lot, he's just got us out of the shit & to safety, why would he want to have another relegation battle? 

On another note, he's all but agreed a two year deal with us so sorry to disappoint some of your wishful thinking fans, he's a Bluebird. 

Rowett would be a cracking appointment if you do get rid of LJ. 

9 minutes ago, Midred said:

Is that city's problem, SL will only appoint "nice" people who don't carry any baggage with them?

SOD? Cotterell? Coppell?

Don't think they fall into that category.

I guess no-one wants to employ an obnoxious *****. Although some great football managers have been obnoxious pricks!

EDIT: interesting rude in singular OK as a plural.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Would settle for mid table anything right now 

59 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Well Cardiff are pretty high in the 'Fair Play' table for a team of 'cheats'...

26 minutes ago, pillred said:

just staying where we are will be just fine!

Correct ! And we probably will as the only thing stopping us going down is that Rotherham are gone , Wigan won't make it and Burton are probably even worse than us although I may be horribly wrong on that on March 4 . This LT project stuff from Bristol Sport is nonesense and I bet SL would not hesitate in his finance business to fire an underperformer and not give a thought to whether he made the wrong appointment . 

44 minutes ago, Redstreet said:

Correct ! And we probably will as the only thing stopping us going down is that Rotherham are gone , Wigan won't make it and Burton are probably even worse than us although I may be horribly wrong on that on March 4 . This LT project stuff from Bristol Sport is nonesense and I bet SL would not hesitate in his finance business to fire an underperformer and not give a thought to whether he made the wrong appointment . 

LJ should have gone after Forest game . Went to this game and we were dreadful .

For months now , fans ( great numbers and noise despite watching rubbish ) have been badly badly let down . Last night , most of crowd joined in on the J out shout . I expect many of them were rational clear thinking fans like some of the excellent contributors on OTIB and looking at posts today from older long standing fans stung into contributing following last nights total embarrassment . Won't happen I know but club should pay travel to Newcastle as a gesture for last nights total ineptitude . And as for Basso apparently saying BCFC deserve better fans !! Well our fans have been magnificent this season . 

59 minutes ago, Redstreet said:

you havent been watching City long have you   !!!!!! we are football's fall guys :argh:

2 hours ago, Aizoon said:

Much as I loathe The Neil, I did like his quote in the Mirror today - "When I die, I want a minute's booing at every ground in the land" ;)

What he actually said is more interesting though, you're missing one major detail!

"When I pass away I don't want any silence or clapping - just a minute's booing at Bristol City and places like that"

Sorry for those of you who want him, but not sure that's the chat of someone who take the job if it offered!! 

Archived