IGNORED

The City Board

Ivorguy

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Does anyone with contacts at Ashton Gate know if the Board has met since last night' s match, or whether there are any plans for such a meeting?

Or are we to assume they either aren't bothered or are totally at the personal disposal of the owner?

At this point of time I'd just be happy to have some proof of life of Kieth Dawe

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Does anyone with contacts at Ashton Gate know if the Board has met since last night' s match, or whether there are any plans for such a meeting?

Or are we to assume they either aren't bothered or are totally at the personal disposal of the owner?

There is only one person who makes the decision on whether LJ gets the boot, so I wouldn't see the point of them meeting. But if they did I imagine it would only be to offer a recommendation that he got the boot. I'll leave it for the dear reader to speculate as to what real influence they could have on the owner.

3 minutes ago, frenchred said:

The board want him gone (not giving you my source) unfortunately the boards wishes are not worth one iota. There is only one man who hired and fires. They can oppose but in the end it's worthless

What's the point in a ******* board then. 

5 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

What's the point in a ******* board then. 

Symbolic, this Club/BS is a fiefdom with the smallest amount of window dressing possible.

So if LJ isn't going anywhere who's going to resign from the board and then issue a press release?

8 minutes ago, frenchred said:

The board want him gone (not giving you my source) unfortunately the boards wishes are not worth one iota. There is only one man who hired and fires. They can oppose but in the end it's worthless

I heard that last night as well, rumour has it they have wanted him gone for a while, but alas they are just puppets, SL rules the roost.

14 minutes ago, frenchred said:

So we are not int he hands of football people doing the best for the club, it's all still down to SL. I thought the whole point of our set up was to avoid all that shit....

1 minute ago, Fiale said:

So we are not int he hands of football people doing the best for the club, it's all still down to SL. I thought the whole point of our set up was to avoid all that shit....

If I was on that board I'd resign and find a job where I wasn't so bloody impotent. 

29 minutes ago, Fiale said:

This is the biggest issue at AG. Lansdown wont let people do their jobs and make the tough decisions. When LJ goes id like to think he would let someone else make the decision on who is to replace him but i wont hold my breath.

36 minutes ago, Fiale said:

No it's to show a pretence that that we're going to avoid all that shit.

It's also  a structure that allows SL more control if you think about it, no one has power as it's all split, divide and conquer.

Sad

(I'm willing to change my mind if we get a monorail, or a stoat petting farm in the sports bar and grill)

Irrelevant what the board think. Irrelevant what the minority shareholders think. Irrelevant what the fans think.

The one most important philosophy of BCFC 1982, which was no shareholder with more than 25%, has been dismantled.

Put in place for a very good reason, to prevent tyrants destroying the club again.

In Lansdown we trust, because we have no choice.

4 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

This is the biggest issue at AG. Lansdown wont let people do their jobs and make the tough decisions. When LJ goes id like to think he would let someone else make the decision on who is to replace him but i wont hold my breath.

Spot on. It was SL who told MA to interview LJ for the job!! But perhaps at last, at long long last, we have a well connected football man as COO to conduct the due diligence in the search for a new manager. Whenever that next happens.

3 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Irrelevant what the board think. Irrelevant what the minority shareholders think. Irrelevant what the fans think.

The one most important philosophy of BCFC 1982, which was no shareholder with more than 25%, has been dismantled.

Put in place for a very good reason, to prevent tyrants destroying the club again.

I like the idea, but would we find 3 other shareholders willing to own 25% of the club each?

11 minutes ago, NickJ said:

It's funny how so many people aren't aware of this 

3 minutes ago, nimrod said:

I like the idea, but would we find 3 other shareholders willing to own 25% of the club each?

After 1982 for several years that is exactly what we had.

Then there were share issues where one person pumped in money for shares thus diluting the percentage holdings of the others.

That one person could have pumped more money in as a loan but that one person would not do that without more and more control over the club and so pumped money in for shares.

If Lansdown was truly philanthropic his money would have been injected in an entirely different way.

Can't help but feel this is one big ego trip for SL with strong financial incentives, after all he is a tax exile in Guernsey

The only solace I get from City's current lamentous situation is that more and more people are beginning to see the underlying structural problems City have been placed in

It all seems so feudal and so inappropriate for the 21st century.

I worry what sort of manager would risk coming here. Perhaps only a desperate one. I would advise any potential candidate to speak to Cotts and Coppell before taking the plunge

28 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Can't help but feel this is one big ego trip for SL with strong financial incentives, after all he is a tax exile in Guernsey

The only solace I get from City's current lamentous situation is that more and more people are beginning to see the underlying structural problems City have been placed in

It all seems so feudal and so inappropriate for the 21st century.

I worry what sort of manager would risk coming here. Perhaps only a desperate one. I would advise any potential candidate to speak to Cotts and Coppell before taking the plunge

Totally agree, there is one person at Bristol City FC with the biggest ego and that is SL. However, to be critical of him is treason 

Archived