IGNORED

A move upstairs for LJ?

brady bunch

Could a possible way out for all concerned be a move upstairs to Director of Football for LJ? and get a new Manager in for the remainder of the season.  It takes the pressure off everyone concerned, allows him to stay that the club he loves, still makes use of his considerable talents and skills and he has a good football brain and cares for our club,

I was never a fan of LJ as a player (see my posts at the time), did not want him as manager, but as with many others, liked what he did when he came and he won me over quite quickly.

I was one of the very few who voted in the poll for him to have more time after the Wednesday night nightmare and would still be okay with that (and it appears to be happening if we like it or not). But even me as a supporter of him as manager can see that the players are not giving their all for him or the club (which is an utter disgrace) and its hard to see a road back for LJ. 

A move upstairs could be the answer.

Don't get how making him a director of football will help? That would literally be throwing money away and having a pointless position at the club.

Be interesting to see if he was to get sacked if he leaves the club fully and manage a new club or if he wants to stay and help the youth set up.

Might be worth baring in mind that during January he was out scouting players and assessing them and handling appointments rather than coaching the team, maybe the plan is to keep him on in some capacity, as an assistant, coach, networker, scout or whatever. After all Tammy was open in saying it was Johnson who convinced him to join, similar to Gary O'Neill. He talks a good game, so maybe if he agrees he isn't the right man to manage the team, that the club see an alternative role for him, although I would be surprised if he accepted such a demotion.

31 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

still makes use of his considerable talents and skills and he has a good football brain

I'm sorry, you've lost me.......what evidence do you have to suggest he actually has any of these attributes?

Reading a coaching manual and regurgitating buzz words proves nothing

A very average record at both Oldham and Barnsley, including another large run of defeats, tells you something

His record over the past 6 months and inability to change it tells you everything you need to know

33 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

Could a possible way out for all concerned be a move upstairs to Director of Football for LJ? and get a new Manager in for the remainder of the season.  It takes the pressure off everyone concerned, allows him to stay that the club he loves, still makes use of his considerable talents and skills and he has a good football brain and cares for our club,

I was never a fan of LJ as a player (see my posts at the time), did not want him as manager, but as with many others, liked what he did when he came and he won me over quite quickly.

I was one of the very few who voted in the poll for him to have more time after the Wednesday night nightmare and would still be okay with that (and it appears to be happening if we like it or not). But even me as a supporter of him as manager can see that the players are not giving their all for him or the club (which is an utter disgrace) and its hard to see a road back for LJ. 

Not for me an upstairs move although nothing would surprise me . I doubt HG finance company would be so accommodating to an underperforming manager . 

1 hour ago, brady bunch said:

Let's reward abject failure

Archived