IGNORED

Time for fan power

Alan Dicks

If LJ is still in charge when we play Burton and we are already in the bottom 3 at kick off, anything less than an absolutely stinking display by the Reds is going to lead to a very unsavoury atmosphere. Lose to Burton and that frustration will spill over. 

If that pans out and SL is in attendance, then I wouldn't be surprised at a fair amount of flak being directed towards him. You might think that unfair, but after his comments today, he might want to reflect on some of the tenets of the entertainment and retail businesses, as opposed to finance, such as "the customer is always right". Ignore that one at your peril!

5 hours ago, RedTauntonian said:

If our fans put as much effort into creating an atmosphere as they did the assassination of our management and playing staff then Ashton gate would be absolutely rocking! 

No one can argue that Johnson deserves to go, but it clearly isn't happening, so why doesn't everybody focus on trying to support what we have in place! 

19 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

If LJ is still in charge when we play Burton and we are already in the bottom 3 at kick off, anything less than an absolutely stinking display by the Reds is going to lead to a very unsavoury atmosphere. Lose to Burton and that frustration will spill over. 

If that pans out and SL is in attendance, then I wouldn't be surprised at a fair amount of flak being directed towards him. You might think that unfair, but after his comments today, he might want to reflect on some of the tenets of the entertainment and retail businesses, as opposed to finance, such as "the customer is always right". Ignore that one at your peril!

And don't be too surprised if he starts to turn his back on us if after all he has done for our club if we were to turn on him 

On 24 February 2017 at 15:22, The_Don said:

Nah you're alright mate.

You're both wrong...your personal actions will change nothing, so instead of useless whinging why don't you just ensure a rocking atmosphere which motivates the players.

Although a City fan since 1966, I'm much more Bristol Rugby these days and will be travelling from Sussex for the game against Bath, 360 mile round trip which I've done 3 times this season, as well as Twickenham for the first game and Saints away and to be frank we've had a much more disappointing season but seem much more supportive of the teams efforts than the football supporters.

LJ is undoubtedly a bit of a knob but high scoring away draws against Derby and Newcastle are actually very good results and although I do understand Fulham was poor, withdrawing active support now because he isn't sacked will hardly assist in the battle to avoid relegation.

Protest about what ? The team who are giving their all or the Manager who is one of the best up a coming managers in the championship and is English or the owner who is generous and supports the club throughout and is Bristolian, seems that we have a club that is the envy of many clubs who have nameless owners and managers who struggle to speak the language.

Okay things have not gone our way lately but no one has battered us and nearly every defeat is by one goal or a bad decision

So come on a support the team and not break up what has been built over the last few years.     

55 minutes ago, foghornred said:

Protest about what ? The team who are giving their all or the Manager who is one of the best up a coming managers in the championship and is English or the owner who is generous and supports the club throughout and is Bristolian, seems that we have a club that is the envy of many clubs who have nameless owners and managers who struggle to speak the language.

:blink:

Okay things have not gone our way lately but no one has battered us and nearly every defeat is by one goal or a bad decision

Ahhhhh the good ole only by one goal And refereeing excuse cards :whistle:

So come on a support the team and not break up what has been built over the last few years.     

(Assuming you don't mean the undeniable excellent stadium) - can I ask what you mean here ?

On 24/02/2017 at 14:40, Alan Dicks said:

I will give the Burton game a no show as regards watching the match but iam prepared to protest before the match.

If this is something you feel you could be involved with please answer a yes or no so we can gauge the numbers willing to do this. Perhaps we can get as much press involved too.

Whats your thoughts folks?

Pathetic. Either come and support the team or stay away.

Archived