Jump to content
IGNORED

They can take our lives...


Gestapo

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Sorry to be an arse but I am very uncomfortable with your user name . 

Major, I don't think there is any need for you to apologise or call yourself an arse.

Its more than reasonable to be uncomfortable with the username...when you combine it with the avatar I am sure many will be offended.

OP - I am all for freedom of speech and expression but in this instance I would suggest a change of both username and avatar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like the meme.

Not liking the username and avatar. Did you do GCSE History at secondary school @Gestapo? I did. And Himmler was an absolute cockwomble of the highest degree and that's using mild language.

Please think about a change. I agree with freedom of speech but sometimes, you should express your feelings with diplomacy and tact. 2 things (amongst others) that Heinrich Himmler lacked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Like the meme.

Not liking the username and avatar. Did you do GCSE History at secondary school @Gestapo? I did. And Himmler was an absolute cockwomble of the highest degree and that's using mild language.

Please think about a change. I agree with freedom of speech but sometimes, you should express your feelings with diplomacy and tact. 2 things (amongst others) that Heinrich Himmler lacked.

Agree with all you say.

But see my note above; why no pressure on "Chairman Mao" and "Kim il Sung" to change their names as well ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Agree with all you say.

But see my note above; why no pressure on "Chairman Mao" and "Kim il Sung" to change their names as well ?

 

Probably a lack of awareness - Nazis and gestapo are much wider known and taught in the UK

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Agree with all you say.

But see my note above; why no pressure on "Chairman Mao" and "Kim il Sung" to change their names as well ?

Indeed. Both are just as bad. I think the reason both those usernames are bypassed are because not many realise the connotation. Most people in the UK know about the Holocaust.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Indeed. Both are just as bad. I think the reason both those usernames are bypassed are because not many realise the connotation. Most people in the UK know about the Holocaust.

Spot on.

A mass murderer is a mass murderer, irrespective of their politics.

All three posters should be ashamed, all three should change their user names.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Indeed. Both are just as bad. I think the reason both those usernames are bypassed are because not many realise the connotation. Most people in the UK know about the Holocaust.

Why should Chairman Mao" and "Kim il Sung" be bypassed?  You have not once questioned their user names yet jump on the bandwagon with Gestapo.  Ignorance is bliss.

I think all should be banned including Gestapo and no exceptions.  It's about time this forum had a shake up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Crimson said:

Why should Chairman Mao" and "Kim il Sung" be bypassed?  You have not once questioned their user names yet jump on the bandwagon with Gestapo.  Ignorance is bliss.

I think all should be banned including Gestapo and no exceptions.  It's about time this forum had a shake up. 

Tbf, I've never noticed their names before. I rarely look at usernames. Attack the post, not the poster. And I don't pretend to be a font of knowledge in Chinese and Korean history. I've had a Google now though and agree. Names should be changed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Tbf, I've never noticed their names before. I rarely look at usernames. Attack the post, not the poster. And I don't pretend to be a font of knowledge in Chinese and Korean history. I've had a Google now though and agree. Names should be changed.

Could you take this up with Dolly, Peg.

All three names need changing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've given this some thought and I just think that the reason why I'm not happy with the OP is that he seems serious and with, the avatar, a bit nasty .

The two other posters are clearly mocking their Characters in a cartoon like fashion .

Eddie Hitler is funny being the character in the Young Ones.

Thanks to the OP for making me ill at ease and posing questions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Crimson said:

Why should Chairman Mao" and "Kim il Sung" be bypassed?  You have not once questioned their user names yet jump on the bandwagon with Gestapo.  Ignorance is bliss.

I think all should be banned including Gestapo and no exceptions.  It's about time this forum had a shake up. 

'Crimson' offends me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Gakoe said:

Hundred percent honest question, I'm not one for wum's. 

Are people genuinely offended by this guys username? Or do we feel that we 'should' be offended? 

Ok , that he changes it to SS and puts a picture of Goebels as his avatar.

Why not a lovely swastika ? 

Not to mention the potential embarrassement for our two German players . 

No I just feel very awkward with this poster . I have tried to explain why. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Ok , that he changes it to SS and puts a picture of Goebels as his avatar.

Why not a lovely swastika ? 

Not to mention the potential embarrassement for our two German players . 

No I just feel very awkward with this poster . I have tried to explain why. 

I'm in agreement, just too many connotations that are too close to the bone and for no other reason than to provoke a response.  If you want to fight for free speech then:

1. Not the name or avatar to use, unless you're trying to really cause a ruckus.

2. A football forum really isn't the place to do it.

Wheres Di'Canio managing nowadays?

I'm sure ill judged rather than malicious but a change would be good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I've given this some thought and I just think that the reason why I'm not happy with the OP is that he seems serious and with, the avatar, a bit nasty .

The two other posters are clearly mocking their Characters in a cartoon like fashion .

Eddie Hitler is funny being the character in the Young Ones.

Thanks to the OP for making me ill at ease and posing questions.

Edward Elizabeth.......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I've given this some thought and I just think that the reason why I'm not happy with the OP is that he seems serious and with, the avatar, a bit nasty .

The two other posters are clearly mocking their Characters in a cartoon like fashion .

Eddie Hitler is funny being the character in the Young Ones.

Thanks to the OP for making me ill at ease and posing questions.

Very small point, but wasn't Eddie Hitler the character in Bottom? Ade was Vivian in The Young Ones.....a great series, those were the days!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...