IGNORED

How fickle are you ?

BcfcDuncs

1 hour ago, BcfcDuncs said:

Will all know he will be sacked soon but say he went on a finished the season strong and ended up mid table . Im sure people opinions will change again . 

That escalated from the next 3 games quickly. ..

I think most people would've made their minds up based on the 30+ games we've already played this season.

1 hour ago, upthebracket said:

I'd like to see this to be honest but I'm struggling to think of when it's happened in England in the Championship. I remember it happening at Yeovil with Skiverton if I'm right? Footballs a weird business with managers, I believe replacing him is a necessity to purely stay up, however I could see him learning from this experience and being successful in the future either with us or another club. 

Bryan Robson/ Terry Venables at Boro?

Will all know he will be sacked soon but say he went on a finished the season strong and ended up mid table . Im sure people opinions will change again . 

But with him in charge we all know this will never ever ever happen for me i hit rock bottom and the leads we squandered against reading and derby Just sums up how terrible we are ! 

It's a pointless question as it will never happen. Like wondering what you will spend the £100 million on when you win Euromillions. Just a fantasy. He has done too many things that convinced me he has no leadership or tactical skills to redeem himself as far as I am concerned. Dead Man Walking - just a case of when they put us out of our misery.

Say we won the next 3 games on the bounce .. yes i know it wont happen but if it did , will you still be saying johnson out or stay with johnson next season ? 

Is that fickle though or reacting to the facts.

As it stands, based on results, recruitmentand performances, he should be fired.

If from this point on he won 10 on the spin then at the point, he maybe shouldn't. 

What I would say though is that even if he won the next three, the last 10 months have left a blot that can't just be ignored and won't go away.

3 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

He could win the Champions league and only ever be two defeats away from an otib post titled "I was right about Johnson".

it was always going to come to this, it was too soon in his managerial career to gloss over the fact he was a marmite player here.

Complete tosh

I appreciated him as a player more than many/ most

As a manager I do not rate him (Based on his managerial life) one bit

As most supporters - judging him on the here and now and the post he now occupies

3 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

He could win the Champions league and only ever be two defeats away from an otib post titled "I was right about Johnson".

it was always going to come to this, it was too soon in his managerial career to gloss over the fact he was a marmite player here.

But it has been poor though.

Your post almost reads like that this season isn't worthy of sack, it's just that it's Johnson.

Just now, Alan Dicks said:

Personal agenda you say.

Go on expand on that, have you any theories why the poster would have personal grievances against a person he probably doesn't even know?

Of course it's not going to happen but if we won the next 5 games, secured championship status and showed real signs of progress but that is not recognised that is not an objective opinion. Hence the comment about other agendas. 

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

But it has been poor though.

Your post almost reads like that this season isn't worthy of sack, it's just that it's Johnson.

Ok that's fair, but I do feel there was a significant minority that were only too willing to write him off despite a very good start to this season, and an acceptable end to the last.

As it is, we've gone way past the point of being able to claim even an unfortunate set of circumstances- the only person not seeing that is the owner.

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Out. He's already proven he's utterly incompetent. 

He may get lucky for a bit, but he's still incompetent and certainly not a leader of men. 

If he was incompetent he would have been gone long ago, probably never employed. When he does goes the replacement will have six months, before his head will be called for, because this is how football works!

I'd love us to win the next three games and then to end the season strongly. I just can't see it happening. Wednesday's performance was just so dire and had so little fight. We are on more than a bad run - failure to get results has become the norm

Even if LJ keeps us up and is still at the helm in the summer, it's very difficult to have any belief that next season would be any better under him...so yes, he'd still have to go.

10 minutes ago, David Brent said:

I think he means regardless of what LJ does in the next 3 games as opposed to any personal agenda. Many hold the same view.

Fair enough but that viewpoint, if followed through, is not ultimately in the best interests of BCFC. If LJ, and a big if I know, starts to show he can turn things round what would be the point of sticking to a current widely held view?

2 hours ago, BcfcDuncs said:

Say we won the next 3 games on the bounce .. yes i know it wont happen but if it did , will you still be saying johnson out or stay with johnson next season ? 

I always feel questions like this are much more effective when accompanied by an A, B, C or D, and printed in Take A Break. Which, ironically, was my answer.

He's lost the players, the fans and now the fans are turning on the owner, only one way this ends.  Delaying the inevitable, whether you believe it to be fair or not.  

Holding on for this long before pulling the trigger, coupled with that interview today means SL will be questioned a lot more on the structure of BS and the club in future.

SL shot himself in the foot on this one, big time.

The 'new Gate' ain't gonna look so shiny in Div 3 and won't be enough to deflect questions that should be legitimately asked of the 'board'.

And I was one of the believers.....

For my money he was never the gaffer for us, came here when we had turned it around under Pembo, he began by going with the formula in place which worked, then the tinkering began and the rest is history, team selection made on the basis of who's in with the gaffer rather than who's most likely to do best for us - he's more like the wannabe gang leader from primary school - no coincidence that the players who get us excited, suddenly don't get to play any more, almost as if he resents their popularity

3 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Out. He's already proven he's utterly incompetent. 

He may get lucky for a bit, but he's still incompetent and certainly not a leader of men. 

So if he did win the next 2, 3 or 4 and then went on to win more, which you could argue might demonstrate competence and leadership (arguably required to get out of this mess) would your view be different?

Reading the views on here, it won't matter if LJ won the next 50 games, it wouldn't be enough to win the fans back so he may as well walk now.

I do wonder when Otib will start to question the players blame in all this when somewhere along the line they have to take some accountability for what happens on the pitch?

3 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

So if he did win the next 2, 3 or 4 and then went on to win more, which you could argue might demonstrate competence and leadership (arguably required to get out of this mess) would your view be different?

Reading the views on here, it won't matter if LJ won the next 50 games, it wouldn't be enough to win the fans back so he may as well walk now.

I do wonder when Otib will start to question the players blame in all this when somewhere along the line they have to take some accountability for what happens on the pitch?

It simply won't happen. If I say no, you'll come back with "what if he wins 20 in a row". 

Let's just say I'd be happen to be proven utterly wrong but I've seen enough footy to know when I see a dud. Most of the time. 

Archived