IGNORED

All those anti-Lansdown people......

Tipps69

9 hours ago, flipflopcity said:

I think this (above post) is a fair point..  

I don't think you should DOP YOUR CAP at SL but you should respect him for the achievements over the past 10 years or so.. perhaps not as many as we would have liked but the Bristol Sport idea is surely to make money every week and not every other week to sustain the stadium.

On the shares front.. Some of my family lost thousands after the 1982 collapse but still put in money to resurrect the club (I could only afford £10) but it helped. I think SL is committed to BCFC but like other frustrated posting supporters would like him to change the manager.

I respect SL as any person,after all everyone is fighting an inner battle of somekind..

Bristol sport is a business decision and not necessarily long term particularly suited to the very best personal interests of bcfc.

And as for Steve's management of the afforsaid its fair to say in the main,weak.

17 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

You're right we could be staring relegation in the face with a lame duck manager.

SL seems like a lovely bloke but his tenure at the club hasn't changed the fact that footballing wise we are not a lot better off.

He realised the need to overhaul that side of things but when push comes to shove is he listening to anyone ? 

It is as plain as the nose on your face that our coaching team are not performing but Steve being ' à lovely bloke ' is doing his Nero impression to the amazement and dismay of thousands of people both professionals in the game and the overpaying public .

If we hadn't had SL We would have had someone else for better or for worse but as a club we are an attractive prospect for anyone looking to invest simply because of our potential.

Bravo for your defence of the man but Bristol City was here before him and will be after him .

He is just a temporary custodian.

What if I don't like duck???

13 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

How many of you have actually met the man & actually talked to him about Bristol City Football Club?

The reason I ask is because for those that have will instantly recognise the passion he has for the football club & how desperate he is for success both on & off the pitch & to make our club something to be available to follow for generations to come.

For all those that question his passion & support, if it wasn't for SL, we could quite possibly not have a club to follow right now & the very fact that he has openly admitted that he questions himself with regards to continuing to do what he does for our club is very worrying, personally!!

We could be left in the hands of someone with a lot less financial clout or in the hands of a foreign owner who doesn't know or care about what Bristol City Football Club means to so many people in the past & the future to come & that isn't something that I wish to look forward to!!

Mr Lansdown has put an astronomical amount of money into Bristol City, far more than anyone else has shown a potential to do, there could be a huge lack of future transfers of players coming into the club, the club has been losing money hand over fist for many years now & it is down to SL that he has managed to take on those losses & to still fork out millions on trying to improve the playing squad let alone what he has done for the behind the scenes of the club.

While we may all feel like we could do better, until you are prepared to put millions of your own money into a loss making venture, I'm afraid you just have to trust the person that is willing & able to do such a thing.

And let's not forget, he doesn't have to do this, he undoubtedly has plenty of people & business that want his money. He has a family that he could just allow all his money to go to in the future, we aren't taking peanuts here, we are talking money that 99% of us could only dream about ever seeing & I've no doubt that all of our first priorities would be to make sure our family are taken care of for many years to come!!

Some of the things aimed at SL over these last few weeks have been embarrassing & people need to get a grip on reality & put things into proper perspective.

It wasn't so long ago that the club was in a real mess & ran a real risk of no longer being here for any of us to follow & without an SL at the helm, that possibility could become reality & then you'll really have a reason to worry because I don't know anyone with the disposable income available to carry on funding the club we love & without that, there is a real risk of there being no more Bristol City.

Please, just remember that if we didn't have SL doing what he does for our football club, there is no knowing where we could be & personally it doesn't bare thinking about because life (in football perspective) could be a hell of a lot worse.

Just be careful what you wish for because there are a lot worse places to be right now!!

Totally get your argument on ownership but the number of worse places we could be is rapidly reducing . Sticking by the manager , whilst laudable given the revolving door policy of most clubs big the fact is we are on a run which seems to have no turning point. Nothing but nothing has persuaded me in last games that we have a sustainable turn round . We may scrape the odd point but against Fulham , I saw nothing to make me feel positive . Sorry to say that and I have the greatest respect for SL . However , the customers i.e. The fans are not being totally let down and this has gone on way too long , in fact since October . 

Well argued post mate on SL but from where I sit LJ is absolutely not the manager to turn this round . I hope of course I am proved totally wrong . SL has not achieved what he has by putting up with uneeperformers in his businesses . I believe in his passion so I am sure he he already has a replacement lined up . 

6 hours ago, Cowshed said:

You have taken my post out of context. BCFC will not be taken over by anybody, or the ground due to steps Mr Lansdown has taken. A take over can only occur if Mr Lansdown wants it to. The thought that Mr Lansdown would risk BCFC by selling it to any nutter who has the bucks is risible. The opening post is a mite disrespectful. Mr Lansdowns passion for BCFC should not be doubted. 

Yes I shouldn't have blown. The club is only open to a hostile take over if another organization makes an offer to shareholders that the majority would accept, particularly against the advice of the board. The shares in BCFC are overwhelmingly held by Steve and thus by definition any take over offer would be friendly, supposing SL wishes to sell...My 50 may actually be worth something in that case :laugh:!..I could flesh that out but that is the high level. A funny thing we do have experts in this field that post here, I think sometimes people forget that City do have some extremely well placed supporters that post here occasionally

Let me be frank I am a massive supporter of SL, truly admire the bloke and would never want him to sell unless he feels that a new man would be good for the club, a statement he has made many times. I agree entirely Steve is City to the core and as I say always has my 50 piled in behind him

Good Luck to the boys today!

Archived