IGNORED

Academy lads

JHAGa

Vyner is the only inexperienced one but how great is it that 4 homegrown players featured in our starting 11 and held their own against the best team in the division? Add to that the fact that LJ does care about the club and has shown himself to be a good manager before confidence took such a hit, I can see why SL is thinking of the long-term and willing to stick. I just pray the gamble pays off.

I wish we could have held on and got the win today it would have done a world of good but a draw is a very good result and a great result if we can build on it. Confidence should be better due to the fact we held on at the end and didn't lose. Nobody can question the players' commitment.

Big week ahead. Let's move forward.

4 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Vyner is the only inexperienced one but how great is it that 4 homegrown players featured in our starting 11 and held their own against the best team in the division? Add to that the fact that LJ does care about the club and has shown himself to be a good manager before confidence took such a hit, I can see why SL is thinking of the long-term and willing to stick. I just pray the gamble pays off.

I wish we could have held on and got the win today it would have done a world of good but a draw is a very good result and a great result if we can build on it. Confidence should be better due to the fact we held on at the end and didn't lose. Nobody can question the players' commitment.

but according to some the academy is a waste of time and money and it should be scrapped..................

17 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

But once again we didn't.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I think it's ridiculous that Reid has not played more. Do we stick with those 3 central midfielders from now on and play tammy up top when he returns? This academy will produce many more from now on. But it's important not to expect it to happen overnight. People criticising city for investvesting in the academy, when quite obviously we're not going to see the results for at least a couple of years.

Bobby (and Joe actually) seem to very much be confidence influenced players. Maybe because they're still relatively inexperienced at this level? Bobby was one of our best players in the early months of the season but missed a few good chances at the beginning of our bad run and his confidence seemed to drain. I don't think you can underestimate his movement and passing ability though, hopefully composure will come with experience.

Archived