IGNORED

Monday "Johnson Out" thread

Alessandro

Well we've got the Sunday Johnson In.....

So tomorrow LJ will step down and finally we can hear about the truth from Wade Elliott about the player revolt and Lee Tomlin can come out and say his interview was a sham.

OTIB will be busy tomorrow!

:yawn:

Seriousy though, I think the performance yesterday, led by our most senior and arguably most influential squad member showed the players are still working hard for LJ.

What LJ is absolutely guilty of is when the run started to go bad, tinkering too much to find a solution, when with hindsight, some simplicity and continuity was probably called for. A vicious circle was created where the players were clearly confused at a time when confidence was low and the chopping and changing made it all so much worse.

So LJ, please let's have some continuity now going into Tuesday, when I firmly believe the team will have the confidence to go and get a result against a Villa team on a bad run (despite their win this weekend), with a few injuries and suspensions and who don't score many goals (kiss of death?!) 

COYR :city:

anyone know what time the press conference is?....plus when will LJ be pulled in to the headmasters office during training?.....what golf course will gary rowett be playing ?......whos gonna be spotted at the avon gorge hotel?......what registration numbers will people see driving down the m32?..........will it be LJs fault tomorrow or not?.....who is hong kong phooey?

23 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Well we've got the Sunday Johnson In.....

So tomorrow LJ will step down and finally we can hear about the truth from Wade Elliott about the player revolt and Lee Tomlin can come out and say his interview was a sham.

OTIB will be busy tomorrow!

:yawn:

Seriousy though, I think the performance yesterday, led by our most senior and arguably most influential squad member showed the players are still working hard for LJ.

What LJ is absolutely guilty of is when the run started to go bad, tinkering too much to find a solution, when with hindsight, some simplicity and continuity was probably called for. A vicious circle was created where the players were clearly confused at a time when confidence was low and the chopping and changing made it all so much worse.

So LJ, please let's have some continuity now going into Tuesday, when I firmly believe the team will have the confidence to go and get a result against a Villa team on a bad run (despite their win this weekend), with a few injuries and suspensions and who don't score many goals (kiss of death?!) 

COYR :city:

What is everyone doing on Tuesday?

New thread, or are we recycling this one, or todays??

More info needed ...........

tfj

56 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

anyone know what time the press conference is?....plus when will LJ be pulled in to the headmasters office during training?.....what golf course will gary rowett be playing ?......whos gonna be spotted at the avon gorge hotel?......what registration numbers will people see driving down the m32?..........will it be LJs fault tomorrow or not?.....who is hong kong phooey?

Can't answer the rest but I know Hong Kong Phooey and he's a number 1 super guy. He's also quicker than a human eye and he's got a groovy style.

Hope that helps. 

17 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Can't answer the rest but I know Hong Kong Phooey and he's a number 1 super guy. He's also quicker than a human eye and he's got a groovy style.

Hope that helps. 

WARNING: If you don't know who Hong Kong Phooey was, please turn over now...

It was, so I've been told via a reliable source (or should that be s auce?), the mild mannered kit man.

Let's take yesterday's performance and push on, it felt different to Derby (only listened to both games though).

I don't believe LJ is the man to help us push on but maybe someone like Wilbs can help to galvanise the team, either in the dressing room or on the pitch to get us through this season.

We really just need to make it to the end of this godawful season whilst still remaining in this division, don't care how now.

4 hours ago, archie andrews said:

Tuesday 

Stockwood Vale 

Maybe

A dog?

18 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

I don't think LJ is going anywhere. 

I also don't think he has enough to perform adequately as manager of this club. Only solution has to be a DOF...

:dunno:

At the moment, we must remain calm with LJ at the helm, HOWEVER, the minute we hear 'CHELTENHAM TOWN SACK JOHNSON' then we must get worried....................very worried :laughcont:

Archived