IGNORED

Anyone interested in playing village cricket in 2017 ?

Ashtonwurzel

Village team playing in West of England Prem and 2 sides in the Wiltshire league looking for players of all abilities and ages.

Friendly club in village location with its own club house and bar. Lively social side.

We are based 7 miles east of Bristol.

Indoor nets currently going on (Wednesday nights).

Give me a shout if you are interested or for more details.

1 hour ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Village team playing in West of England Prem and 2 sides in the Wiltshire league looking for players of all abilities and ages.

Friendly club in village location with its own club house and bar. Lively social side.

We are based 7 miles east of Bristol.

Indoor nets currently going on (Wednesday nights).

Give me a shout if you are interested or for more details.

If you are short of a wicket keeper, BigTone is the best 'slater' I know.

:thumbsup:

tfj

19 minutes ago, Spoonbed said:

What team is it AshtonWurzel?

its certainly getting more and more difficult to get players. Indeed, I know of two teams in the high reaches of the B&D that have folded this season( Sen Div and div 1)

Marshfield - We have decent numbers for 3 teams on a Saturday but are always looking for more. Strong youth policy as well but as you say many teams are struggling for numbers and folding or losing their 2nds/3rds.

I organise the selection and have found we need a "pool" of around 60 active players to field 3 full sides each week.

Lifestyles have changed in the last decade and people have less time to spend on sporting activities especially something like cricket which takes up most (if not all) of a day.

http://marshfieldcricketclub.co.uk/

I'd love to start playing again, but it would need to be a team in Weston that doesn't take things too seriously and doesn't mind how shit you are.

I think I'll have to stick to skittles as that seems to be the only place to find a club that meets those criteria!

10 hours ago, Spoonbed said:

Yep, certainly is getting more and more difficult. 

If a club like Marshfield ( fantastic set up, ground/location )are struggling a wee bit for players, then what chance the rest of us!

Not struggling but always thinking ahead. There are always 2 or 3 players who do not reappear (for whatever reason) each season and it's good to get "new blood" into the club. We are actually looking at resurrecting our Sunday side, at the moment we only take part in the Village KO and have a couple of friendlies on a Sunday.

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

I'd love to start playing again, but it would need to be a team in Weston that doesn't take things too seriously and doesn't mind how shit you are.

I think I'll have to stick to skittles as that seems to be the only place to find a club that meets those criteria!

Apart from the Weston part you would slot into our 3rd team perfectly.

Archived