IGNORED

league 1

woodsy62

9 minutes ago, Sparkz 76 said:

Can't wait for the jpt trophy again

That trophy can just **** off, no chance I'm going to Wembley yet again for that.  SL needs to realise league 1 and the JPT isn't going to cut it for us older supporters, bored of mediocrity.

7 minutes ago, RumRed said:

That trophy can just **** off, no chance I'm going to Wembley yet again for that.  SL needs to realise league 1 and the JPT isn't going to cut it for us older supporters, bored of mediocrity.

Been to three finals that's enough for me too.

my thoughts are if we want to change manager when we're down any top manager out there will not manage us in league 1

1 minute ago, Sparkz 76 said:

Been to three finals that's enough for me too.

my thoughts are if we want to change manager when we're down any top manager out there will not manage us in league 1

My first was the Mansfield loss on penalties, had enough of it now.

It's like when I got a certificate for 'completing' the cross country race even though I was about 21st, just embarrassing.

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

Excellent. I'll be able to buy a cheap SS ticket and then walk round to the LS and have prime seats.

You'll have a lot of choice, my guess is the upper lansdown will just be used as the most expensive shed ever.

9 hours ago, Rocky said:

I will support the team but the thought of the JPT, R1 of FA Cup and games vs Swindon, Fleetwood etc etc fills me with dread.

You may not need to worry about playing Fleetwood !!

their form is the complete reverse of city's

9 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

We surely have to assume the owner

Either doesn't wish to publicly admit his mistake(s)

Or doesn't worry whether we are in Championship or League 1, doesn't financially affect BS business plan

Or is plain stupid

Your choice folks

Ivor.....why leave it at Lge 1, this manager is like a lift operator, basement next, close the doors please

Serious question from a Gashead here.

If you go down (I some what think Taylor will score the goal that keeps you up on the last day), what happens with a lot of your players? I assume thateir are wade reduction clauses, but I would be guessing the likes of Hegeler, Djuric Tomlin etc would want out and you would probably need to off load them to balance the books

1 minute ago, Hello said:

If you go down (I some what think Taylor will score the goal that keeps you up on the last day), what happens with a lot of your players? I assume thateir are wade reduction clauses, but I would be guessing the likes of Hegeler, Djuric Tomlin etc would want out and you would probably need to off load them to balance the books

I think almost all of them will have relegation wage reduction clauses in their contracts. Standard practice as well as sell on %'s when we sell a player.

You're right though, we've got players who theoretically should be at their peak of ability (Tomlin, Hegeler.. maybe even the likes of Flint) who won't want to drop to L1. 

If we drop it'll be another summer with a huge turnover.

24 minutes ago, Hello said:

I don't care what happens to them. Let the management sort that out. 

Archived