IGNORED

Long Term Plan Pointless...

Lew-T

If we continue to ignore the short term problems. Enough is simply enough now, why waste so much money on stadiums, trainings grounds, academy's, Bristol Sport etc if you haven't resolved the current situation by not spending decent money on football coaches.

That's just common sense to many of us and it really worries me that SL cannot see that? Bristol City and Bristol Rugby aren't a sales and business you can toy and show it off with Steve, you need to back it up with professional coaches and good level of quality players.

Lee Johnson is not the future. The sooner SL realises that the better, but christ, he's leaving it really late.

He has to go!

Regardless of how this season has gone, the long term plan is still a good thing. It was too much too soon it seems and that's fine to criticise but better facilities, better academy and clear plan of how the club wants to run is fine. When it comes down to the grand scheme of the plan, it's all gone well apart from one piece of the puzzle. That's manager. I've got no doubts the squad is good enough for at least 12th. If the players brought in for the first XI in the summer hadn't been such disappointments there wouldn't be this talk about how much we spent on the young ones. 

SL seems to want to save money and buy cheap and sell big.  He needs to learn that he has to pay the going rate or pay the price with failure.  Cheap manager with no experience at Championship, players bought in on the cheap (there is a reason they were cheap, they are not good enough).

He needs to get his cheque book out and buy a decent manager to get us out of the mess!  and now!!  not wait until Saturday at 5.30pm, time is running out.

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Regardless of how this season has gone, the long term plan is still a good thing. It was too much too soon it seems and that's fine to criticise but better facilities, better academy and clear plan of how the club wants to run is fine. When it comes down to the grand scheme of the plan, it's all gone well apart from one piece of the puzzle. That's manager. I've got no doubts the squad is good enough for at least 12th. If the players brought in for the first XI in the summer hadn't been such disappointments there wouldn't be this talk about how much we spent on the young ones. 

Yes the long term plan is a good thing... But isn't that all irrelevant if we're back in League one? We've spent more money to back where we once were.

Also, where would be without Tammy's goals? This squad and management have not been good enough.

16 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

If we continue to ignore the short term problems. Enough is simply enough now, why waste so much money on stadiums, trainings grounds, academy's, Bristol Sport etc if you haven't resolved the current situation by not spending decent money on football coaches.

That's just common sense to many of us and it really worries me that SL cannot see that? Bristol City and Bristol Rugby aren't a sales and business you can toy and show it off with Steve, you need to back it up with professional coaches and good level of quality players.

Lee Johnson is not the future. The sooner SL realises that the better, but christ, he's leaving it really late.

He has to go!

In a nutshell. 

Planning for the long term is sensible, but if short-term ignorance undermines it then what is the ******* point. 

10 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

To finish in the top 12, you need a good defence. The likes of Flint, Matthews and Bryan are coming up short

11 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Yes the long term plan is a good thing... But isn't that all irrelevant if we're back in League one? We've spent more money to back where we once were.

Also, where would be without Tammy's goals? This squad and management have not been good enough.

No it doesn't just go away when we go down. Of course we will lose some players and maybe lose some money and it slows down the process a bit as we won't attract the same type of players but it still sets us up better for the long run. 

I don't want to go down as much as the next person and it hasn't been good enough but I don't and won't fault the plan in place. Question some of the people overseeing it? Sure. Question some of the squad? Of course. The facilities, the plan for young players we buy and the academy are all good plans. We just need to get the mix right. I doubt Johnson is the right man for the job right now but he's probably stretched over far too much of this. Not an excuse, many managers do this but he should've been focused on solely coaching the first team. Why else call him the "head coach?" 

If we go down, I'll be quite distraught but come July, I'll be really excited to see some of these young players start to gel together. Not just the ones we bought in the summer either but ones we brought in for the academy for lower fees. Vyner, Plavotic, Jonny Smith, McCouslkey and others. It's not ideal but we'd still have enough left to make a serious push to go right back up and maybe not stifle the momentum this time and push on like Preston and Barnsley are showing. 

14 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

To finish in the top 12, you need a good defence. The likes of Flint, Matthews and Bryan are coming up short

No doubt. Our biggest disappointments, IMO, have been our older and more experience players and many of those are in our defense. Golbourne, Matthews, Flint, Bryan and add GON into that as a defensive midfielder. 

All this talk about investment into youth, and yes definitely too much too soon but those we should've been able to rely on haven't been good enough. Johnson has a serious part to play in this but they have let us down as well. 

My top 12 comment I'll stand by because we have enough players of good enough quality to do that. All those players are good enough but for whatever reasons have not been.

Archived