IGNORED

Pemberton worth a try..?

PFree

2 minutes ago, PFree said:

Sad but I hope LJ goes tomorrow but I wonder if Pemberton is worth a try as it feels too late to bring a new Manager in now, knows the players, the club and seems to know what he's doing..?

No way he will go before burton. SL will be hoping a home win v mighty burton will show us all what a great manager LJ is. I actually cant see us beating them either.

LJ won't go tomorrow.

LOSE to Burton, then maybe. 

Unless SL goes for a manager with higher stature, I'd like to see Millen given a chance if he as usual goes for the relatively cheap option. Decent win %, even though it was only two very brief temporary spells. 

Ideally though, fresh face, high in stature, good record at this level.... In my dreams. 

For me Pembo goes with Little Lee. Shame as when Pembo did take the reigns we did look a solid unit, unfortunately ANY coach that has been a part of this disgraceful run of form needs the boot. **** them all out the door IMO.

One of the easiest jobs in the world, assistant manager. Everyone assumes that everything good the team does is down to you and everything bad the team does is down to the manager.

An even easier job to sit on a board of a football club that constantly fails to back managers or appoints the wrong ones, as they sit back and let him take all the criticism whilst repeating the same mistakes.

Why would ANYONE want Millen, what has he ever done. Not the answer at all. Some stupid fans out there just chuck names about for the sake of it. Pemberton is part of the problem if he isnt then what is he actually doing in a job as his opinion clearly isnt being used, either way people will moan we get a good draw on saturday and people want same team Johnson does that and we then lose, no1 would of changed it at half time as we looked decent then 2-0 down and every1 wants him gone again. Lets see how many idiots chant for him to go again on Saturday. Great Support !!!

34 minutes ago, PFree said:

Sad but I hope LJ goes tomorrow but I wonder if Pemberton is worth a try as it feels too late to bring a new Manager in now, knows the players, the club and seems to know what he's doing..?

Part of the problem and an easy fix. We're quite embarrassing. 

The majority of this season has been an absolute car crash - any coaches responsible for coaching this team really need to ask themselves whether they are up to the task of coaching at this level. And if they come up with the answer that they are, they're wrong!

55 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

Isn't he our defensive coach? If anything that makes him equally culpable in my eyes.

according to Geoff Twentyman, on sound of the City, he's not our defensive coach. I though Holden was, but I'm probably wrong

Short memories here, SC ejected, Pembo took up the challenge, LJ came in and went with the improvement Pembo gave us, then LJ asserted himself, rebadged himself as tinkerman and lost the plot, in the last few weeks  Pembo is declared as the defensive coach in a vain attempt to deflect pressure on Johnson, won't even mention Holden as he is Johnsons cronie crap, Pembo has been hung out to dry as Johnson becomes more and more obvious as absolutely useless

Sack the chuffin lot! That defence has been leaking like a tarts fanny all season and nothing changes. No excuses Johnson, Millen, Pemberton! Not good enough.

Also, I know midget gets all the flack, but the silent assasin Ashton is there pulling strings and you do have to wonder what influence he is now having on midgets strategy? What a mess!

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

according to Geoff Twentyman, on sound of the City, he's not our defensive coach. I though Holden was, but I'm probably wrong

http://m.bristolpost.co.uk/john-pemberton-reveals-attempts-have-been-made-to-ease-bristol-city-boss-lee-johnson-s-workload/story-30139240-detail/story.html according to this it's Pemberton

1 hour ago, dave36 said:

Short memories here, SC ejected, Pembo took up the challenge, LJ came in and went with the improvement Pembo gave us, then LJ asserted himself, rebadged himself as tinkerman and lost the plot, in the last few weeks  Pembo is declared as the defensive coach in a vain attempt to deflect pressure on Johnson, won't even mention Holden as he is Johnsons cronie crap, Pembo has been hung out to dry as Johnson becomes more and more obvious as absolutely useless

Lots of assumptions here. Yes, he improved us in the short term with a 'back to basics' approach which worked. Whether that's going to work over a longer period of games (he was caretaker for 5 games which is a tiny sample size) is unclear.

Your post attempts to discredit LJ for last season. Regardless of our situation since October, he did a good job when he came in and for the first part of this season.

Pemberton isn't 'declared' as defensive coach, he *is* the defensive coach (http://m.bristolpost.co.uk/john-pemberton-reveals-attempts-have-been-made-to-ease-bristol-city-boss-lee-johnson-s-workload/story-30139240-detail/story.html). It's not an attempt to deflect attention, that's a ridiculous idea. 

In my opinion we need a totally fresh set of eyes when we change manager. I hope we change the manager and first team coaches.

The other thing with these type of threads about Pemberton is that he has even less managerial experience than LJ did before he came here.

7 hours ago, Snufflelufagus said:

I'd let the tea lady have a chance.

She's probably too busy entertaining Rudolf.

As for Pemberton....nice bloke and all, but it's time for a clear out, and fresh start.

I agree that if Johnson were to go it would have to be a complete clear-out, which I think is precisely why Lansdown is holding on to Johnson at the moment.  Now is not the time to have another complete regime change.  Sadly, the time to do that might be if relegation was confirmed, but in the meantime there is the hope that the tide will turn.  I have no belief that Pemberton could do any better as manager with this group of players.  Pemberton is part of the present problem, not the solution.  I would be more inclined to turn to Jamie McAllister from inside the club, just to get some fresh ideas.

As to Millen, he did a lot for this club over long period and was not without some success as our manager (I his first game in charge as caretaker manager remains one of my fondest memories of the last decade).  He is also a very good coach, by all accounts.  He might be able to help, but he's hardly the answer for the future.

It was disappointing to lose last night, but let's face it it was always a case of getting through these four away games - Derby, Leeds, Newcastle, Villa - and concentrating on the rest of the season.  Could anyone realistically have expected us to pick more than a couple of points from those?  People seemed to think Villa would be a pushover, but that was never going to be case, particularly after they won on Saturday and with Kodjia almost bound to have an impact. Fulham was the real kick in the teeth. 

Seems to me that the best we can all do now is get behind the team against Burton and try to help them achieve what would be a massively important win.  Defeat doesn't bear thinking about.  Shame on those who have suggested they might prefer us to lose on Saturday. 

21 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I agree that if Johnson were to go it would have to be a complete clear-out, which I think is precisely why Lansdown is holding on to Johnson at the moment.  Now is not the time to have another complete regime change.  Sadly, the time to do that might be if relegation was confirmed, but in the meantime there is the hope that the tide will turn.  I have no belief that Pemberton could do any better as manager with this group of players.  Pemberton is part of the present problem, not the solution.  I would be more inclined to turn to Jamie McAllister from inside the club, just to get some fresh ideas.

As to Millen, he did a lot for this club over long period and was not without some success as our manager (I his first game in charge as caretaker manager remains one of my fondest memories of the last decade).  He is also a very good coach, by all accounts.  He might be able to help, but he's hardly the answer for the future.

It was disappointing to lose last night, but let's face it it was always a case of getting through these four away games - Derby, Leeds, Newcastle, Villa - and concentrating on the rest of the season.  Could anyone realistically have expected us to pick more than a couple of points from those?  People seemed to think Villa would be a pushover, but that was never going to be case, particularly after they won on Saturday and with Kodjia almost bound to have an impact. Fulham was the real kick in the teeth. 

Seems to me that the best we can all do now is get behind the team against Burton and try to help them achieve what would be a massively important win.  Defeat doesn't bear thinking about.  Shame on those who have suggested they might prefer us to lose on Saturday. 

Realistically, damn right I expected us to pick up more points , the same way I expected us to pick up more points during the season.

How come every other club can pick up ' unexpected ' wins and we can't ? 

Archived