IGNORED

Picking Peanuts out of Poo

Nibor

"We had a really good first half. We hit the bar in both halves."

Excuses.

"The first goal was massive. We found ourselves a bit deep and they took advantage." 

"We had a couple of penalty claims in there. We aren't getting those at the moment." 

But it's OK.

"The players have given everything in the last two games against two big teams in the division."

Stating the obvious.

"Saturday becomes a must-win game for us now. We have to stand up and be counted." 

These have become the kind of post match interviews that write themselves.  

It's quite clear that we are not going to improve measurably under LJ.  We might scrape staying up with massive luck but if we want to move forward he has to go.

The only question is:  Who can we bring in to replace him that will work under Mark Ashton and when can we do it?

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

It is all to late now I fear. Got in to the 'acceptance' stage.

He might go if we lose to Burton - and if we lose to Burton, I do not see how we stay up. Catch 22 now. No time left.

That's what I thought. When Newcastle levelled at the weekend, I thought it may be for the best if we conceded again and go home with nothing. I feel that point bought him a few more games. 

If LJ remains I cannot see how we will stay in the division. The fans have been patient for so long; we've been attending in numbers at home and taken a few thousand to the last couple of away games. We deserve a hell of a lot better than this. 

Archived