IGNORED

Why don't we start the Snake?

Lack of Action Man

Genuine question, the guy scored two goals in his opening exchanges with this league and suddenly has entered the Engvall zone! 

Had a quick read of the Villa forum and texted a villa supported mate before the game. They said that if we started a big man up top, it would play nicely into their hands as their CB's lack mobility but will deal with a physical front man any day of the week. 

Matty Taylor should be starting as long as Tammy is injured imo. The fact he isn't baffles me in all honesty.

:dunno:

13 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Matt Taylor is clearly not quite up to this level yet. Ok for cameos (yes, I know he had a good game vs Derby) he's a squad player, not a first team player. 

He's looked the part when I've seen him play so far 

Surely he wasn't bought as another one for the future?

He was signed to stop Rovers overtaking us and it's worked to be fair.

Six draws in a row since he left, usually they'd win those games by the odd goal due to Matty's goals. They'd have had a good chance of being in a play-off spot right now if we hadn't bought him.

Hoping for him to score the winner at the Mem next year.

2 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Six draws in a row since he left, usually they'd win those games by the odd goal due to Matty's goals. They'd have had a good chance of being in a play-off spot right now if we hadn't bought him.

I'm not

6 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

**** me that's depressing, but sadly I agree

13 hours ago, RumRed said:

**** me that's depressing, but sadly I agree

This made me laugh though (taken from their forum) -

My view is that we have next to no chance of getting in the top spots. If Bodin doesn't score we don't seem to now, not many of the others available have got goals in them.

I blame those ****ing ted wan***s, their only purpose in signing the snake was to stop the very real possibility of us overtaking them and take attention off their car-crash of a manager. Fair play it was an inspired move but hardly fitting of a club who spent 15 million in the summer.

I hope Matty is enjoying playing second fiddle to a 37 year old even when their top goalscorer is injured...

----

Small victories and all that...

In reply to the OP's question, he's not good enough. He was a distraction buy from our owner to distract all the attention away from our "coach". It worked in the short term and in the long term he will get a few goals in League one on more money than he was on up the road. So a win/win/win/lose scenario. Win for Owner, win for Coach, win for taylor, lose for the club (us)

13 minutes ago, frenchred said:

In reply to the OP's question, he's not good enough. He was a distraction buy from our owner to distract all the attention away from our "coach". It worked in the short term and in the long term he will get a few goals in League one on more money than he was on up the road. So a win/win/win/lose scenario. Win for Owner, win for Coach, win for taylor, lose for the club (us)

How do we know he's not good enough. Couple of goals. Couple of assists. Then dropped. How can any player get upto speed. Sat on the bench. I always like to give a player 10 to 12 games before I pass judgement. I hope he plays Saturday 

14 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Matt Taylor is clearly not quite up to this level yet. Ok for cameos (yes, I know he had a good game vs Derby) he's a squad player, not a first team player. 

Yeah who wants a hungry striker known for scoring goals when you can have a 37 year old man playing on his own up front instead...

Archived