IGNORED

Just imagine- burton staying up

Ayteomike2

11 minutes ago, Ayteomike2 said:

As the title says what does that say about us millions spent and the players we have sold on doing better than our own team kodja freeman ayling and who we got in are certainly not better players 

Suggests that they have a manager and players who know what they are doing. And on Saturday I think we are in for a difficult time. They will be looking for a win and may well get one!

6 minutes ago, Ayteomike2 said:

As the title says what does that say about us millions spent and the players we have sold on doing better than our own team kodja freeman ayling and who we got in are certainly not better players 

Certainly not missing Freeman. Ayling definitely cus he was good at attacking but lacked any defensive skills. Kodja wanted to go . 

5 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

We will be below Rovers next year and a division below Burton and Fleetwood. Sleep well everyone.

There's one particular person who needs to heed this nightmare and do something about it. Within the next 48 hrs. Lives in the Channel Islands. Good lady reads this forum. First name begins with 'S'. You get the drift........

19 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

Good luck to Burton if they survive, good on them!

I predicted not so long ago that they would go down, but since the transfer window and some very good loans their form has improved substantially.

Now I am pretty convinced they will stay up. As for us I think we are about to replace Sheffield United & Bolton as the biggest club in League 1. Not much of an accolade is it?!

8 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

I predicted not so long ago that they would go down, but since the transfer window and some very good loans their form has improved substantially.

Now I am pretty convinced they will stay up. As for us I think we are about to replace Sheffield United & Bolton as the biggest club in League 1. Not much of an accolade is it?!

They have a good manager

We have to start facing the very realistic prospect that this season will go down as one of the most catastrophic failures in our history.

• A record run of league defeats
  • Record spending for no gain in league position
  • Widespread rumours of discontent in the squad
  • A fan-base that is rapidly losing faith with the football club's ability to make the right decisions for significant progress

And there I was, saying that last season was a total failure for how we failed to ride the crest of our promotion momentum.

My god how short-sighted I was.

4 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

We won't be the biggest club in League One next season....if they gain promotion I reckon Pompey and Luton will be vying with Charlton for that accolade.....and Cov if by a miracle they stay up....

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

We won't be the biggest club in League One next season....if they gain promotion I reckon Pompey and Luton will be vying with Charlton for that accolade.....and Cov if by a miracle they stay up....

Portsmouth I might give you but Luton? Luton who took how many years to make it out of the Conference??

And of course, the crowing from the "Blue few" will be unending...

5 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

We have to start facing the very realistic prospect that this season will go down as one of the most catastrophic failures in our history.

• A record run of league defeats
  • Record spending for no gain in league position
  • Widespread rumours of discontent in the squad
  • A fan-base that is rapidly losing faith with the football club's ability to make the right decisions for significant progress

And there I was, saying that last season was a total failure for how we failed to ride the crest of our promotion momentum.

My god how short-sighted I was.

Yep. Relegation would be a catastrophe. Hugely embarrassing and such a waste. Absurd to think that we could realistically be playing in the same league as Rovers, who 3 seasons previously were NON LEAGUE. 

Obviously the Bristol Derbies would be fun, and there might actually be a decent atmosphere at AG for a change, but it's not worth the shame of relegation when there was so much invested in the club and so much optimism about the future.

4 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Portsmouth I might give you but Luton? Luton who took how many years to make it out of the Conference??

And of course, the crowing from the "Blue few" will be unending...

Fair enough, Luton was probably a bit optimistic! I was going by their recent-ish stint in the top tier and their Littlewoods Cup Final win over Arsenal in 1988...and also just wanted to mention them as they beat the gas 12-0 once and it wasn't even their record victory! Joe Payne, take a bow son!

Archived