IGNORED

We're The Club's Only Hope

Curr Avon

In the real world a side that suffered 16 defeats in 23 matches, and only avoiding the relegation zone on goal difference would dismiss their head coach.

Sadly, our Board don't live in the real world, and reside in an alternative reality called The Project.

So it's Johnson for the season.

To our wonderful fans the world over let's inspire the team to Championship safety.

We're the club's only hope right now.

Unfortunately, we'll only keep LJ in his job for a repeat next season. 

I really don't want that either. LJ is becoming the smarmy young upstart management type where all his colleagues take the piss when he isn't around to hear it and he believes his own buzzword rhetorical nonsense. 

Just can't stand him being around any more. 

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

I really don't want that either. LJ is becoming the smarmy young upstart management type where all his colleagues take the piss when he isn't around to hear it and he believes his own buzzword rhetorical nonsense. 

Unfortunately it's not a comedy with Ricky Gervais. This is the real thing and it's even more difficult to watch and a lot less funny - if that were possible!

1 hour ago, Curr Avon said:
In the real world a side that suffered 16 defeats in 23 matches, and only avoiding the relegation zone on goal difference would dismiss their head coach.

Sadly, our Board don't live in the real world, and reside in an alternative reality called The Project.

To our wonderful fans the world over let's inspire the team to Championship safety.

Sadly I believe the fans have been quite brilliant during this disgraceful run and their reward was criticism from our owner, next season he might find out about running the highest wage budget in the best stadium in league 1 without many thousands of those fans, because I believe he has not for the first time drastically misjudged the real mood amongst the fans.

What a complete **** up.

1 hour ago, Curr Avon said:

Pretty much my thoughts too. Shocking state of affairs.

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

So I guess you are wanting us to keep losing?

13 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Sadly I believe the fans have been quite brilliant during this disgraceful run and their reward was criticism from our owner, next season he might find out about running the highest wage budget in the best stadium in league 1 without many thousands of those fans, because I believe he has not for the first time drastically misjudged the real mood amongst the fans.

What a complete **** up.

Personally, I still think MK Dons stadium is better so, for me at least, we'll have the second best. That, hopefully, will ease a little of my pain.

I am afraid that we are going down. It is car crash viewing and it's being allowed to happen by MA and SL. I am not going against Burton after tonights piss poor showing...I cannot put up with LJ's crap football and tactics anymore.I can't afford to keep going and hoping... Worse still, I cannot bear to be in the ground if, god forbid, we lose to Burton... i suspect it will get nasty... The board have failed to act decisively and have been complicit in our certain relegation.... 

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Lucan said:

Actually I think barring the first handful of games, the atmosphere has been pretty dull at AG... certainly in most of the games I have been to

And that's not a slight on the fans passion... but it just has never had the buzz this year

When the most vocal supporters are continually shat on by the club it's no wonder 

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Lets hope Newport stay up then; nice local derby that'll be.

42 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

I am afraid that we are going down. It is car crash viewing and it's being allowed to happen by MA and SL. I am not going against Burton after tonights piss poor showing...I cannot put up with LJ's crap football and tactics anymore.I can't afford to keep going and hoping... Worse still, I cannot bear to be in the ground if, god forbid, we lose to Burton... i suspect it will get nasty... The board have failed to act decisively and have been complicit in our certain relegation.... 

What say does MA have. I'd argue as much as the rest of the board. In which case is Sweet FA.

Any other result apart from a win will result in LJ departure especially if Blackburn send us into the bottom 3. SL said he expects LJ to be in charge for the Burton game but would not comment beyond that. 1st rule of engagement don't employ friends.LJ could have been sacked from 2 clubs from this horrendous run we have been on.

SL it's not too late we still have 12 games left act NOW

2 hours ago, Lucan said:

Actually I think barring the first handful of games, the atmosphere has been pretty dull at AG... certainly in most of the games I have been to

And that's not a slight on the fans passion... but it just has never had the buzz this year

Yeah, you're right - it's been pretty awful since the redevelopment. The only atmosphere I would describe as very good since the rebuild was Swindon at home in the double winning season. That's worrying.

The club doing a bit more to help our vocal fans would help, starting with giving them a better position in the stadium.

3 hours ago, RumRed said:

I can't believe MA hasn't walked to be honest,

If, and it is a big if, LJ goes Ashton should be right behind him. It is becoming clear that both are completely out of their depth at this level and have got here through 'smarm and power points'.

I work in the world of corporate bollocks and I am old enough to know it when I see it! Both can do the talking but can't deliver where it matters - on the pitch.

I am angry that we are in this situation and the owner is blindly carrying on. As I have said previously we could get very lucky and survive with LJ in charge but the reality is that if that happens we will be in exactly the same position next year.

I hugely doubt that LJ will ever be able to manage at this level successfully and he should never have been given the job.

For the sake of his career he would be wise to walk now but of course that won't happen.

Saturday is not going to be fun, Burton, quite rightly, will believe they can get something and should they score first 'toxic' could be an understatement.

After the last few away games the club doesn't deserve us as a fanbase. I was at Derby and we were so loud that day. Sounds the same at Newcastle. Selling out any club on a Tuesday night is also a massive achievement. The players deserve nobody to turn up for them but I'm glad it's the opposite situation.

4 hours ago, Engvall's Splinter said:

The fans have been unbelievable and supportive to the players despite this diar run. 

We are going down with zero fight. 

Reminiscent of Johnsons playing days. No penetrarion, busy doing nothing, lack of energy and no end product. 

What a bloody stupid appointment. 

Fair play to the fans I say. 

It feels even worse than the countdown to the O'Driscoll relegation.

I'm reminded of a brilliant one liner (of hundreds) from the mouth of the character Malcolm Tucker, played by Peter Capaldi, in the BBC political comedy, The Thick Of It.

This slightly edited version perfectly describes the on-field management of Bristol City:

"We're like that coffee machine. From bean to cup, we **** up!" 

21 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

It feels even worse than the countdown to the O'Driscoll relegation.

I'm reminded of a brilliant one liner (of hundreds) from the mouth of the character Malcolm Tucker, played by Peter Capaldi, in the BBC political comedy, The Thick Of It.

This slightly edited version perfectly describes the on-field management of Bristol City:

"We're like that coffee machine. From bean to cup, we **** up!" 

And not just on the pitch...

Remember last week v Fulham there was a clock that said '22:28' all night?

Sums it up perfectly- a broken clock for a broken side.

5 hours ago, Engvall's Splinter said:

The fans have been unbelievable and supportive to the players despite this diar run. 

We are going down with zero fight. 

Reminiscent of Johnsons playing days. No penetrarion, busy doing nothing, lack of energy and no end product. 

What a bloody stupid appointment. 

Fair play to the fans I say. 

Spot on as I have said several times teams tend to mirror the playing career of it's manager and our team are a soft easy touch.

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

And not just on the pitch...

Remember last week v Fulham there was a clock that said '22:28' all night?

Sums it up perfectly- a broken clock for a broken side.

It may be that we're stuck in a time loop, that keeps resetting to January 2013. You've entered the O'Dreadful Zone. DON'T LOOK AT THE TABLES! 

Archived