IGNORED

Just got back

class not gas

1 minute ago, woodsy62 said:

just arrived home left when the 2nd went in we are done for should of been sacked after the Cardiff game.

He should have been, don't watch the interview, he smirks like a schoolboy whilst spouting his usual BS.  It'll tip you over the edge.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I'm not an away regular - only 2 or 3 a year. But when taking into account my wet feet, the horrific second half performance and the even more horrific 3.5 hour journey home, I reckon that was probably my worst away trip ever.

I second that. Add 30 mins to my day to drop off my boy and I just walked in 5 minutes ago myself. Whose bright idea was it to shut the m6 and the m5 on the same night!!! Some joker was having a laugh after watching us get soaked and battered all second half.

1st half we were decent and I thought we slightly edged it...2nd half was an absolute joke, we came out and sat so deep right from the word go. It was as if we were holding on to a 1-0 lead with 3 mins to go! I thought LJ might've made a sub at 1-0..no! 2-0..still nothing, poor old Wilbs a 37 year old leading the line by himself once again after playing a full game just on Saturday. It then took LJ nearly 10 mins to make a sub after us being 2-0 down! It actually hurts so much being a city fan right now knowing this man who is so far out of his depth is only taking us to League 1 and the board seem absolutely fine about it :grr:

Those diversion signs... :grr:

There was one turned facing the wrong way. Quite a few cars including me went two miles into the arse end of no where before we figured.. Villa fans messing about? 

Then it said diversion ends at Wych bold but the motorway slip shut. I turn around and the diversion hasn't ended at all. It's going all the bloody way to Worcester. A4174 ring Road shut at Bromley heath too. Not fun. 

19 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I'm not an away regular - only 2 or 3 a year. But when taking into account my wet feet, the horrific second half performance and the even more horrific 3.5 hour journey home, I reckon that was probably my worst away trip ever.

I've got to agree with you I don't think I will ever travel away for an evening game that was awful

Just got back and safe to say the journey home was like our performance tonight, a nightmare.

I know he's trying hard but every team reflects their manager (bar Leicester)

They were pressing , up for the fight.

They had a game plan to shackle Wilbs and tidy up in the midfield and create a platform.

Our team was clueless, one dimensional and seemingly out of our depth.

Is that a reflection of our Head Coach? 

Sadly I think it is.

When he made the changes it was too late & too ineffectual.

We will have a number of further changes for Saturday in his never ending quest for the right formula.

A win Saturday is now a must.

How much longer will we list before we sink?

1 hour ago, class not gas said:

What a shit showing for the thousands who attended tonight, then just to completely ruin the night the M5 was shut at the M42 junction, turning a 1 1/2 hour journey into almost 3, thanks Lee.

Can't blame him for the motorway nonsense,  but hell I agree - who else can you blame for making talented players look hopeless other than the head coach.

31 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I reckon that was probably my worst away trip ever.

Wow. We need to start inventing new superlatives for games this season under LJ as today would barely make it into the top 5 worst away performances under him this season! Forest, Ipswich, Leeds, QPR at least were all worse than today. And today was world class compared to that game at Forest.

I see LJ has gone for 'fine lines' as the cliché today. It's very easy to blame defeats on fine lines, from my vantage point I have seen as many games where the fine lines were also between the score we lost by, and a much bigger defeat (today too). It works both ways, Lee. We are what our results say we are.

And when you take account of some of the atrocious away performances this season, it's 'heartening' to consider that with our amazing away record now (no win away in five months) some people are still taking for granted the fact the 2 teams below us that we still need to play, will both be away from home.

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

Wow. We need to start inventing new superlatives for games this season under LJ as today would barely make it into the top 5 worst away performances under him this season! Forest, Ipswich, Leeds, QPR at least were all worse than today. And today was world class compared to that game at Forest.

I see LJ has gone for 'fine lines' as the cliché today. It's very easy to blame defeats on fine lines, from my vantage point I have seen as many games where the fine lines were also between the score we lost by, and a much bigger defeat (today too). It works both ways, Lee. We are what our results say we are.

And when you take account of some of the atrocious away performances this season, it's 'heartening' to consider that with our amazing away record now (no win away in five months) some people are still taking for granted the fact the 2 teams below us that we still need to play, will both be away from home.

Doomed!!!

3 minutes ago, Olé said:

Just to point out I said away "trip",  not "performance" - it was the nightmare journey home that really  tipped the balance! I was talking more about the overall experience.

I only go to a couple of aways a season so I can't comment on the other games you mentioned. But it's fair to say I will remember this particular trip for all the wrong reasons.

55 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Just got back myself. 4 hours from Brum to Bristol. Those diversions were a nightmare. It will be a long time before I want to visit Birmingham again!

That counts as my worst away trip as well. It even beats that game at Blackpool in the Wilson days when we were 4-0 down after something like 25 mins.

Tonight City weren't terrible in the first half but weren't very good either. Rather than building on that in the second half we fell apart.

I fear for us more than ever after that performance.

first half was even at best, we looked better when we tried to play a bit instead of the long ball to wilbs, that pissed me off by about 38 min mark.

tomlin should have been first on, not third, Paterson ducked out of 2 challenges, not whats required at the moment.

and he realy has got to go after that, I realy thought villa were crap tbh.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Nothing can be as bad as our away games at the mem. Tear gas, Ricky Lambert goals and either standing on am open terrace or sitting in a tent.

Archived