IGNORED

This "Vision"

Bourne End Red

Now I get what SL wants us to do, he basically wants us to be a Southampton type club that produces good young players and buys young upcoming players that if sold will make the club a lot of money and be self sufficient. A conveyor belt of young talent.

What I don't get is that he appears to think that LJ is the only coach that would buy into this. I'm sure there are plenty that would be more than happy to be well backed in the transfer market as long as it's on this young and upcoming mould.

First and foremost this strategy or any strategy does not work if the coach young or old cannot deliver results on the pitch.

As for playing academy players I'm not sure LJ has actually really done much of this, Vyner has only come in due to no other option.

As fans we are more than happy to back the manager and not be a sacking club, however in order to do this there has to at least be some signs of growth or signs of improvement. We have had neither.

Keep the strategy/vision SL as most fans agree with it, but you need someone else as head coach to implement it as our current one is failing miserably. He is NOT the only coach that will buy into this strategy !!!

9 minutes ago, Bourne End Red said:

Now I get what SL wants us to do, he basically wants us to be a Southampton type club that produces good young players and buys young upcoming players that if sold will make the club a lot of money and be self sufficient. A conveyor belt of young talent.

What I don't get is that he appears to think that LJ is the only coach that would buy into this. I'm sure there are plenty that would be more than happy to be well backed in the transfer market as long as it's on this young and upcoming mould.

First and foremost this strategy or any strategy does not work if the coach young or old cannot deliver results on the pitch.

As for playing academy players I'm not sure LJ has actually really done much of this, Vyner has only come in due to no other option.

As fans we are more than happy to back the manager and not be a sacking club, however in order to do this there has to at least be some signs of growth or signs of improvement. We have had neither.

Keep the strategy/vision SL as most fans agree with it, but you need someone else as head coach to implement it as our current one is failing miserably. He is NOT the only coach that will buy into this strategy !!!

Southampton have the advantage of being in the Premier League.

We will be in 'division 3' next season.

Look at the quality of MANAGER Southampton have invested in - why don't we copy that aspect of their operation?

tfj

Archived