IGNORED

kept the dressing room, lost the fans

where's the joy

when a woman says its over its over, and when the fans say its over they will hunt you down until you are gone.

stick mc alister in charge or roy hodgson or claudio ranieri, anyone but our current manager.

the fans are taking it into their own hands now, can't be bothered to wait for our constipated board to make a decision.

the atmosphere all game at home to burton and especially norwich will be vitriolic, he will get the first half v burton unless we concede early and then the fans will turn.

but norwich will be good night irene throughout

we won't settle for this sleepwalk of a season without a fight

6 minutes ago, where's the joy said:

when a woman says its over its over, and when the fans say its over they will hunt you down until you are gone.

stick mc alister in charge or roy hodgson or claudio ranieri, anyone but our current manager.

the fans are taking it into their own hands now, can't be bothered to wait for our constipated board to make a decision.

the atmosphere all game at home to burton and especially norwich will be vitriolic, he will get the first half v burton unless we concede early and then the fans will turn.

he's lost the dressing room, players aren't playing for him

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's a hard one.

These players are paid well, paid handsomely- even if he has lost the dressing room they should give it all until end of season regardless- not for him but for the fans, and for (don't laugh) their own professional pride. Same shit, different season...

I honestly think they don't understand what he's trying to do I.e. the tactics, it just needs to be kept simple. The amount of mistakes stems from confusion more than anything. I.e. keeping compact when they want to press etc.

1 minute ago, Fuber said:

I honestly think they don't understand what he's trying to do I.e. the tactics, it just needs to be kept simple. The amount of mistakes stems from confusion more than anything. I.e. keeping compact when they want to press etc.

Probably that tbh.

What I want to know- along with the rest of us no doubt- where the hell has the sharp passing and not least the pressing game which occurred from Spring 2016 to the late Autumn this year gone? That was really, especially at home putting sides on the back foot- he's truly lost the plot. I remember from about August to late October, 2nd half we came on strong, it was almost inevitable with said tactics it felt it anyway we would turn it round for a draw at worst (and mostly a win).

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Probably that tbh.

What I want to know- along with the rest of us no doubt- where the hell has the sharp passing and not least the pressing game which occurred from Spring 2016 to the late Autumn this year gone? That was really, especially at home putting sides on the back foot- he's truly lost the plot. I remember from about August to late October, 2nd half we came on strong, it was almost inevitable with said tactics it felt it anyway we would turn it round for a draw at worst (and mostly a win).

Simple answer would be decreased confidence, however equally likely is the changes in formation meaning players have lost the instinct of where teammates are. When I play football Sunday league, knowing team shape can be beneficial, I.e. the set tactics under Cotterill was more a highlight of a lack of quality than anything else due to the lack of players bought in.

Interesting you mention McAllister. I think he'll become a good manager one day. I was chatting to him once before he was here as U23's manager and he said he'd love to be manager here one day.

Tough guy but apparently a good man manager and the u23s seem to be ticking along nicely. 

He could well end up caretaker if Pembo and Holden go with LJ and probably isn't a bad bet to be interim manager until seasons end if he picks up points early on.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Interesting you mention McAllister. I think he'll become a good manager one day. I was chatting to him once before he was here as U23's manager and he said he'd love to be manager here one day.

Tough guy but apparently a good man manager and the u23s seem to be ticking along nicely. 

He could well end up caretaker if Pembo and Holden go with LJ and probably isn't a bad bet to be interim manager until seasons end if he picks up points early on.

And a very good result against Swansea if iirc. He's been doing  a good job defensively as expected given how he was as a player.

3 minutes ago, Fuber said:

And a very good result against Swansea if iirc. He's been doing  a good job defensively as expected given how he was as a player.

True. It's possible, unless we have a replacement lined up immediately, that it'll be McAllister and possibly Tinnion as a duo for a couple or games assuming Pembo and Holden go too.

35 minutes ago, where's the joy said:

Talk is cheap.

5 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

Talk is cheap.

You think it's not going to be then? Love to know your reasoning. The atmosphere was pretty bad by our standards last week. If we lose or even draw with Burton on Saturday it's going to get a lot lot worse. Hope we win and it doesn't come to it.   

Doesn't look as though he's lost the DR to me. It just looks as though they can't drag themselves out of this state of low confidence. We play well and score first, then we capitulate. They score first, we capitulate. The players appear to be trying, albeit with wafer thin confidence. 

24 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I love Jamie Mac but dear god I hope we've learned our lesson about unproven managers. If he wants to be a manager then great, but his first job shouldn't be in the championship (assuming we stay up that is!)

9 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

Talk is cheap.

It will be worse. Fulham was fairly dark by our standards and only going to be worse given the experience 2000+ fans were given in the second half at Villa. LJ has lost his last backers seemingly since that Fulham also. If we go one down to Burton no way will we recover, fan patience will be gone, it will be a very dark and vitriolic atmosphere IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Manon said:

Doesn't look as though he's lost the DR to me. It just looks as though they can't drag themselves out of this state of low confidence. We play well and score first, then we capitulate. They score first, we capitulate. The players appear to be trying, albeit with wafer thin confidence. 

He may not have lost all of them, but as soon as he mentioned players he can 'trust' I think it's clear there is a deep divide somewhere. Otherwise the absences of the like of Pack, Magnusson, Paterson, among other make no sense. His treatment of Engvall has been absolutely appalling IMO. 

Didn't he infer recently that he could only trust certain players?  Maybe before the Newcastle match?  If so, then that's an indication that if he's not lost all the dressing room, he's lost some of it.  Which may indicate a split camp - which is never going to be a good thing.

38 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's a hard one.

These players are paid well, paid handsomely- even if he has lost the dressing room they should give it all until end of season regardless- not for him but for the fans, and for (don't laugh) their own professional pride. Same shit, different season...

Or want to better their careers here, if my boss was incompetent then I'd want him gone rather than going to another job. Obviously in football it's a bit more sly & sabotage like but that's just the way it is in this sport.

4 minutes ago, Tammys Scan said:

Or want to better their careers here, if my boss was incompetent then I'd want him gone rather than going to another job. Obviously in football it's a bit more sly & sabotage like but that's just the way it is in this sport.

It's a hard one for sure. The fans though pay a lot, superb support- keep turning up in the face of shit and getting worse at AG and strong backing on the road.

They deserve 100% regardless of manager- but then it is what it is in football as you rightly point out. The bulk of players shouldn't escape blame for this also though, not one iota.

11 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I love Jamie Mac but dear god I hope we've learned our lesson about unproven managers. If he wants to be a manager then great, but his first job shouldn't be in the championship (assuming we stay up that is!)

Agreed. I just think it's a very Bristol City thing to do!

22 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Didn't he infer recently that he could only trust certain players?  Maybe before the Newcastle match?  If so, then that's an indication that if he's not lost all the dressing room, he's lost some of it.  Which may indicate a split camp - which is never going to be a good thing.

I was up in Newcastle myself so may have got it wrong, but I thought he said something like he was going to pick players he could trust (rely) on to give him an energetic performance after Fulham, not 'trust' as such.

But he started with those players he used at Newcastle last night, the energetic ones, and they now have let him down as they couldn't/wouldn't play in the second half. So now what? 

26 minutes ago, RedM said:

I was up in Newcastle myself so may have got it wrong, but I thought he said something like he was going to pick players he could trust (rely) on to give him an energetic performance after Fulham, not 'trust' as such.

But he started with those players he used at Newcastle last night, the energetic ones, and they now have let him down as they couldn't/wouldn't play in the second half. So now what? 

Thing is rotation was sensible for Villa given the circumstances, namely in the case of Wilbs. Due to the whole 3 day stint between each game given the shifts some put out at said Newcastle game.

1 hour ago, Fuber said:

Thing is rotation was sensible for Villa given the circumstances, namely in the case of Wilbs. Due to the whole 3 day stint between each game given the shifts some put out at said Newcastle game.

I know. I guess he was torn between not changing the team who had more than a decent game against high flying Newcastle and thinking looking at it sensibly and deciding if the players really had that much left to give. I guess they were his 'energetic' ones he had to lean on after Fulham but 2 away games in 3 days was too much for the returning Korey and Wilbs who until Newcastle hadn't made a start for months (?). But they were by no means the worse players on the pitch last night by a long way.

much as we hated russell osman he did stop us conceding goals, much as he was a corrupt so and so george graham stopped his teams conceding, much as we wanted it to work LJ's inability to stop conceding goals will cost him his job and us at least 2 more seasons before we can try for the premiership again

Archived