IGNORED

The Worst Scenario of All

wookey

4 hours ago, EnderMB said:

Another relegation would be the final nail in the coffin for Lansdown's project, I think.

I appreciate all that he has done for us, but in reverting to previous form he's dragged us down to League 1. He's spent a lot of money, but the correct footballing process simply isn't there.

The five pillars got us relegated in the first place, and to get back up to the Championship we had to bring in a manager with the strength to tell Lansdown that it didn't work. Cotterill bucked the trend by spending money and buying experience, something the club was largely against at the time, and that gamble paid off. We struggled in the Championship, most likely because Lansdown wouldn't buy who Cotterill wanted, and he was relieved of his duties, but rather than learning from his mistakes Lansdown hires another SOD. He hires an up and coming manager, tells him what type of players to sign, and reduces his role to head coach. It's literally SOD all over again!

LJ was out of his depth at Bristol City, but I don't put the blame at his feet. For me, it's solely Lansdown's fault. The main bit of blame LJ can take is believing in a project that has failed repeatedly in the past.

Best post I have read for ages. Agree!

Archived