IGNORED

Apologies

ontariored

First of all, I am retired and live in a different country and although I fly back, usually twice a year and take in as many games as possible I do not know, first hand, how we are playing and to what standard. So, I shouldn't comment. 

I love this club, had tryouts when I was a kid and feel passionate about BCFC from watching many games and being a prior season ticket holder for many years.

the main way I stay in contact is via this forum which I think is excellent and look forward to the frequent posts and ratings.

Being saddened by our performance of late and the fact that there is no visible signs of what is happening in the background amongst the management and players I have to assume, no news is bad news. In summary, I am very disappointed indeed with what is happening. This gets me very angry as I don't have any control or sense of urgency, being so far removed in Canada.

Reading a separate post and comment by spudski, Excellent post by the way; I am going to remove myself for a few days to get my sanity, temper and views under control and get more positive.

an unusual post for me as I like to be vocal but I cannot hide my current anger and disappointment with the management and infrastructure at BCFC; will be back in a couple of weeks. Hope it's not toooooo late. Cheers

4 hours ago, ontariored said:

First of all, I am retired and live in a different country and although I fly back, usually twice a year and take in as many games as possible I do not know, first hand, how we are playing and to what standard. So, I shouldn't comment. 

I love this club, had tryouts when I was a kid and feel passionate about BCFC from watching many games and being a prior season ticket holder for many years.

the main way I stay in contact is via this forum which I think is excellent and look forward to the frequent posts and ratings.

Being saddened by our performance of late and the fact that there is no visible signs of what is happening in the background amongst the management and players I have to assume, no news is bad news. In summary, I am very disappointed indeed with what is happening. This gets me very angry as I don't have any control or sense of urgency, being so far removed in Canada.

Reading a separate post and comment by spudski, Excellent post by the way; I am going to remove myself for a few days to get my sanity, temper and views under control and get more positive.

an unusual post for me as I like to be vocal but I cannot hide my current anger and disappointment with the management and infrastructure at BCFC; will be back in a couple of weeks. Hope it's not toooooo late. Cheers

Are you Mick  M ?

You are not alone Ontario Red. Those who live in Bristol and surroundings feel just the same. Frustrated, bemused, angry because we now have the basis with stadium and non football revenue to take us up a notch in the pecking order.

We've spent more on playing recruits both for now and the next couple of years, yet we have a nitwit Head Coach, chosen, it is reputed, purely on his friendship with the Lansdown family, who has less clues on how to organise a football club than a part time manager of a Fourth Division Downs League team. It's very sad but we have relegation written all over the club and while many think that we'll bounce back again, it wouldn't surprise me if we slid straight through to the fourth tier. Pessimism or realism? 

5 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

You are not alone Ontario Red. Those who live in Bristol and surroundings feel just the same. Frustrated, bemused, angry because we now have the basis with stadium and non football revenue to take us up a notch in the pecking order.

We've spent more on playing recruits both for now and the next couple of years, yet we have a nitwit Head Coach, chosen, it is reputed, purely on his friendship with the Lansdown family, who has less clues on how to organise a football club than a part time manager of a Fourth Division Downs League team. It's very sad but we have relegation written all over the club and while many think that we'll bounce back again, it wouldn't surprise me if we slid straight through to the fourth tier. Pessimism or realism? 

That is always a very real possibility when you get relegated as your players and staff are obviously devoid of confidence and, as such, may well struggle again. Its happened before and it'll happen again! If the unthinkable happens and we get relegated and retain the head coach that is responsible, i think that this scenario becomes much more likely. He has very little experience and thus no track record of turning teams around.

So, in answer to your question, realism.

7 hours ago, ontariored said:

I don't think Guernsey is spelt C A N A D A :P

Archived