IGNORED

DNA

REDTURK

I have like many supporters been trying to come to terms with how this season has panned out. It started so brightly following on from the improvement in form and spirit displayed during the end of last season ( the high for me was the Fulham away game).

I had so much positive energy mixed with a real expectation that we could be the "surprise" championship package this season. The only word that can describe my feeling now is "DUPED"  Duped into actually believing that this was going to be the case..... was I  actually deluded in the first place like the average Rovers supporter?

I was on the fence really following Lee's appointment as deep down I did not feel that he was experienced enough and had not really achieved any real success in his fledgling managerial career. I was though prepared to give him an opportunity to demonstrate his credentials due to his past association with our club. Unfortunately I have now come to the conclusion that indeed the club were "NAIVE" in appointing him and should have gone for a more experienced and successful Manager.........hindsight is a wonderful thing!

We've not quite reached the level that could be deemed "ABJECT" failure yet but unless something changes very quickly this level of performance I'm afraid is just round the corner!

I'm so disappointed with the way things have gone. More so than any other season really and I've supported City since the early 1970s...................... Its the expectation that I had at the start of this season that has caused this feeling of despondency

Come on CITY fight now until the end of the season .........LETS NOT GET RELEGATED!!

1 hour ago, REDTURK said:

I have like many supporters been trying to come to terms with how this season has panned out. It started so brightly following on from the improvement in form and spirit displayed during the end of last season ( the high for me was the Fulham away game).

I had so much positive energy mixed with a real expectation that we could be the "surprise" championship package this season. The only word that can describe my feeling now is "DUPED"  Duped into actually believing that this was going to be the case..... was I  actually deluded in the first place like the average Rovers supporter?

I was on the fence really following Lee's appointment as deep down I did not feel that he was experienced enough and had not really achieved any real success in his fledgling managerial career. I was though prepared to give him an opportunity to demonstrate his credentials due to his past association with our club. Unfortunately I have now come to the conclusion that indeed the club were "NAIVE" in appointing him and should have gone for a more experienced and successful Manager.........hindsight is a wonderful thing!

We've not quite reached the level that could be deemed "ABJECT" failure yet but unless something changes very quickly this level of performance I'm afraid is just round the corner!

I'm so disappointed with the way things have gone. More so than any other season really and I've supported City since the early 1970s...................... Its the expectation that I had at the start of this season that has caused this feeling of despondency

Come on CITY fight now until the end of the season .........LETS NOT GET RELEGATED!!

I bloody fell for it too :facepalm:

really should know better by now.

Archived