IGNORED

Pubs & Grub In Blackpool

cheshire_red

I believe that The Bloomfield is ok for away fans who behave themselves. My personal favourite is The Saddle on Whitegate Drive (mentioned below) lots of good beers (come off at Junction 2 and travel along the dual carraigeway [Preston New Road] past MacDonalds until you can see a SCS or similar furniture shop in front of you at a major set of traffic lights [Oxford Square] turn right at the lights into Whitegate Drive and The Saddle is a couple of hundred yards along on your right (car park at the back. Only a few minutes drive from the ground.

The GUIDE

Food

General Advice, Blackpool is the fish and chip capital of the country. If you're looking for Raymond Blanc cuisine forget it.

If you can't find a chippy in Blackpool, then you've either no sense of smell or direction because there's hundreds of them. Most can be found all along the Sea front by crossing Lytham Road and going down any of the side streets

Inside the ground you can buy an award winning Holland's Pie but if you fancy an alternative, we've listed some below.

Harry Ramsden's About 5 minutes from the ground just under the Tower by the North pier

KFC Lytham Road, Whitegate Drive,Talbot Road & Bank Hey Street

McDonalds Bank Hey Street, The Promenade, Cheery Tree Road North (Drive through)

Domino's Pizza Devonshire Road

Drink

Number One Club Situated on Bloomfield Road next to the football ground. Cheap drinks, but sometimes don't allow away fans

The Bloomfield Situated on Bloomfield Road. Short walk up from the football ground. Large pub with plenty of space.

Other Pubs As you come in to Blackpool on Yeadon Way there's 'The Yeadon' which is a good family pub, there's the Saddle on Whitegate Drive and The Old Bridge can be found 5 minutes from the ground on Lytham Road which runs parallel with Seaside Way. In all honesty within 5 minutes of the ground on the sea front, there are no end of drinking establishments including Yates Wine Lodge, Brannigans, Copper Face jacks and O'Neills.

Guest BTR_FTG

Blackpool is, without doubt, a sewer.

If you want decent ale & fish stay outside & go to Lytham/Fleetwood.

If you are to venture in & wish to head for the Tower/Prom environs your best bets are beer in the Pump & Truncheon (Bonny St) & fish at Harry Ramsdens under the tower. Recommending a franchise sounds bizarre I know but that's the sole (no pun intended) reply we got last time from every remaining trawlerman we asked in Fleetwood &, truth be told, the fish wasn't that awful.

BTR

FTG

I think the Pump & Truncheon has recently become a Hogshead pub and is very close to the Police Station (it is at the very end of the car parks leading into the middle of Blackpool.

No need to venture as far out as Lytham or Fleetwood, go instead to Poulton Le Fylde (about 3 miles from the ground). 5 good bars and two wine bars / bistros around the square ( I would recommend the Thatched House (Boddingtons, Theakstons & a Guest) plus every conceivable restaurant imaginable; Chinese, Cantonese, Thai, German, Italians, Indians and a newly opened Japanese. Plus 2 nightclubs, one for the kids and one for the over 25's. It is where the locals go for a night out to avoid the hen/stag nights in Blackpool.

And I used to live there (why did I ever move). :clap:

Archived