IGNORED

3 City Fans walk the Camino!

harrymoorman

SOMETHING A BIT MORE UPLIFTING!
Some of you will know that we are City fans based in Halifax: the 3 boys in our family usually make 10-15 matches in the north & Midlands each season. This year we have already seen 8 defeats and no wins or draws , so I'm thinking of sacking myself and the 2 boys!
This story is not football specific but might help to lighten the currently toxic mood on this site!
The last 3 years have been quite challenging as my youngest (now 18 year old) son Jake, has grappled with serious health issues. In May 2014 he underwent serious life saving surgery to remove a bleed on the brain and this surgery had to be repeated again in February 2016 when Jake underwent a second 10 hour brain operation which was successful. In June 2016 he was discharged by the neurology team based at Leeds General Infirmary. He has made a full recovery and will start a Geology and Geography degree at University of Leeds in September.
My School Governors have granted me 13 days unpaid leave of absence from 30 March 2017, so that Jake, his brother Harry and I, can attempt to walk the 500 mile long Camino de Santiago: a famous long distance and historic 'pilgrimage' route across the whole of Northern Spain. With the Easter holidays tagged on we have 30 days to try to 'walk 500 miles'. We want to acknowledge that in the most distressing of circumstances Jake has made a near miraculous recovery and to say a heart felt thank you to the Neurosurgery staff team at LGI who gave such brilliant support to Jake and us as a family .....and we are hoping to raise at least £5000 through sponsorship for the West Yorkshire Brain and Tumour Research (Charitable) Trust run out of LGI. (We have raised over £4,500 already!)
Jake's story is detailed below in the link to our Justgiving page.

www.justgiving.com/fundraising/moormansdotheway

If you feel drawn to sponsoring us we would be really grateful. A massive thank you in advance if you do.

This trek (trudge!) feels like the final chapter of what has been a difficult 3 year spell for us as a family. Whether we manage the walk or not.....who knows? We will do our best.....give our thanks and make sure we really try enjoy the experience together at the same time. AT LEAST IT CAN'T BE AS STRESSFUL AS WATCHING CITY THIS YEAR :')
Maybe City will be safe by the time we get back to the UK in May? whatever.....we will still be rooting for the team in Spain. Cheers Martin, Jake and Harry ( pic below, Jake in City shirt with Martin in Lanzarote last week)
Seen by Martin Moorman at 22:12

Archived