IGNORED

Lansdown in, he does care!

14 minutes ago, BBlockExile said:

He's great he has built us a new Stadium.

Wait didn't Darlingtons owner do that as well.

Hmmm you can build stadiums and with the right manager you can builld a winning team but sometimes the ability to do one does not mean you can do the other.

Steve - sack Lee now and get a team around you to source a manager with experience at this level.

Failure to act now will give you plenty of time in L1 to think about what could have been.

You cant compare lansdown to darlingtons owner at the time, for a start lansdown has the money to back up

LJ is part of SL's project.

What I do not understand is how getting relegated is part of a sensible 'project'.

You don't see any successful clubs behaving in this way: relegation typically destroys what you have been doing, as players leave, new players are harder to attract - you are just putting yourselves back by 2 or 3 seasons.

If Lee is part of getting relegated, then he is doing an acceptable job of it, so far only being stopped by three even more shit teams.

It is a struggle, but I think he has it in him to pull it off ........ with the full backing of the owner.

"FFS".

tfj :protest:

I think SL has got a lot of his appointments right within the club. Off the field things seem more organised and professional. The stadium is superb and the building work went reasonably well. 

The only appointment he can't get right is the most important one. 

5 hours ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

My only criticism of SL is that he can't pick a manager.

He needs to get quality in, who can get the best out of the players. Lee has shown he can't do it.

BCFC is not a F1 team, but considering we can afford to spend on players, it's like building a F1 car and then hiring Aizoon to drive it.

Madness, and he is too proud to sack Lee.

:grr:

tfj

I agree that we need to invest in a quality manager, this is key for future success and something we haven't been able to achieve to date or in a very long time.

I cant help but thinking that the Managers of the quality that we crave and desire are seeing something in our setup that with their experience they don't want to get involved with? Perhaps they don't get the confidence that the board will fully support them to get the success they would want as our Manager, maybe a quality manager is to radical for the board to accept or maybe we wont pay the wages they demand. Who knows but now is the time to buy into a proven experienced manager.

7 hours ago, 054123 said:

I do take issue with this sentiment that appears to be growing that he some how saved our club and without him we wouldn't exist????

Dozens of other clubs have been just fine and with the greatest of respect that is just wild speculation with as much creedance as me saying we would have been better off without him.

Nobody knows.

Agree we were here before he was and will be here after hes done his bit; despite everything we are still where I found them some 50yrs ago 2nd div.....its our place it seems.

1 hour ago, glos old boy said:

Agree we were here before he was and will be here after hes done his bit; despite everything we are still where I found them some 50yrs ago 2nd div.....its our place it seems.

Over last 50 years our average position is bottom of the 2nd tier / top of the 3rd tier. LJ has just succeeded in reverting us back to the norm.

7 hours ago, winterbournered said:

Can I ask what constitutes footballing failure? 

I'm guessing that under SL we've achieved more than most clubs. 

For the amount of money invested in players and managers we will probably no further forward next season than we were 13-14 years ago when he took over the club. And statistically we could be in the bottom half of the 92 clubs in the Premier & Football leagues, which might suggest that we have been anything other than more successful than most other clubs.

45 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

For the amount of money invested in players and managers we will probably no further forward next season than we were 13-14 years ago when he took over the club. And statistically we could be in the bottom half of the 92 clubs in the Premier & Football leagues, which might suggest that we have been anything other than more successful than most other clubs.

And no success in between? 

The bloke certainly cares and is a fan of the club.

The one thing is he is to proud and wants to run it himself and make decisions. However he has made mistakes doing this.

He just needs to accept he needs advice and help in bringing the right people to the club. 

Archived