IGNORED

Our Squad

Bs4Red

A lot of chat recently about why we have been struggling this season, that our manager is inept etc etc.

Does anybody think that our squad just isn't that good?

I raised this in pre season, as much as we brought players in and strengthened our side during pre season, the whole of the championship also did the same and the league become much stronger. (Look at Hudds) 

I would go as far as to say I'm sceptical about 6/7 of the current squad. We had a net spend of around nothing over the summer, maybe this is beginning to show...

However at times over the season we have competed against some really good teams. I just think there is a lot more wrong than just the manager at the Gate.

I'm not convinced it's as good , and the recruitment is as good , as the majority seem to believe

Ive largely reserved judgement as it's so difficult to judge them in a struggling side bereft of confidence playing under a tinkerman

Not convinced at all

Out of all of them the biggest hit for me is the last minute emergency signing

DC

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I'm not convinced it's as good , and the recruitment is as good , as the majority seem to believe

Ive largely reserved judgement as it's so difficult to judge them in a struggling side bereft of confidence playing under a tinkerman

Not convinced at all

Out of all of them the biggest hit for me is the last minute emergency signing

DC

David Clarkson? :blink::whistle:

Our squad is solid for championship level considering this is our second season back in the division, it may not be a top 10 squad but it should be mid table at least, Johnson just isn't getting the best from it.

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Our squad is solid for championship level considering this is our second season back in the division, it may not be a top 10 squad but it should be mid table at least, Johnson just isn't getting the best from it.

The question is then....

Who do you think he isn't getting the best out of?

Tomlin - Doesn't want the best out of himself, is proving this season why he's always been a waster.

5 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

The question is then....

Who do you think he isn't getting the best out of?

Tomlin - Doesn't want the best out of himself, is proving this season why he's always been a waster.

Matthews (again doesn't get the best out of himself tbf), O'Neil, Bobby, Pack and Magnusson to name a few by not playing them, the amount of goals we've shipped lately, would trying Hordur and dropping Flint really be any worse? Bobby was in the side during our successful spell, again would it be so harmful to try him when we constantly lose? It's the selection, the way the team is set up, formation, style of play etc don't play to the strengths of the players we have. 

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Matthews, O'Neil, Bobby and Magnusson by not playing them, the amount of goals we've shipped lately, would trying Hordur and dropping Flint really be any worse? Bobby was in the side during our successful spell, again would it be so harmful to try him when we constantly lose? It's the selection, the way the team is set up, formation, style of play etc don't play to the strengths of the players we have. 

I don't disagree about all those things, I massively disagree with Matthews, it's been said previously but Matthews is a disgrace to professional footballers. 

I'm unsure on the Maggy situation and totally agree about Bobby, thought he's been great this year then vanished. 

Also O'Neil another one I believe is quite happy to do the bare minimum for one last decent paycheck, when we bought him was nowhere near the player he was of recent years and has been hampered by injuries again. 

1 minute ago, Bs4Red said:

I don't disagree about all those things, I massively disagree with Matthews, it's been said previously but Matthews is a disgrace to professional footballers. 

I'm unsure on the Maggy situation and totally agree about Bobby, thought he's been great this year then vanished. 

Also O'Neil another one I believe is quite happy to do the bare minimum for one last decent paycheck, when we bought him was nowhere near the player he was of recent years and has been hampered by injuries again. 

Yeah tbf I went back on what I said about Matthews as its more a case of him not being fit, but does it come back to Johnson's management? Was fit and good for the second half of last season, why different this season.

The other way I'd say it, look at Preston's squad, genuinely how many players would people take from their squad that would improve ours? I'd say maybe 4 or 5, however Grayson is doing a great job at getting the most from his players whereas I feel Johnson isn't getting the best from ours. 

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

The other way I'd say it, look at Preston's squad, genuinely how many players would people take from their squad that would improve ours? I'd say maybe 4 or 5, however Grayson is doing a great job at getting the most from his players whereas I feel Johnson isn't getting the best from ours. 

Yeah that's fair enough mate, I understand that. I just find it's a funny season, look at Wolves and Villa both massive clubs who have spent heavily and sacked their managers and still are struggling (Villa better in recent weeks)

Villa are just a mess all round, what is it £81m losses even with the premier league money they received this year and the transfer fees they received. If they don't get promoted next season they could be in trouble.

Compared to last season and what concerns me to this year 

Baker was our best C

O'Donnell was confindent on proving to be a solid keeper 

mathews was on form and hungry to prove himself and had ayling as well 

kodjia and Tomlin were on form and liking up great 

but more importantly we had a settled side and everyone new ther role and tasks this year it's the opposite and a complete shambles which is the what is jeopardising are safety the most . 

Archived