IGNORED

Team for Tomorrow

ollywhyte

13 minutes ago, Neo said:

Can't believe nearly every team has Joe Bryan in it.

Has anybody watched games this season - he is shocking in the main !!

O'Dowda in front of Golborne for me if 4-4-2

Thought he was ok at Villa - but I think that was swayed by some great balls he played into the box.  Tammy would've got on the end of at least one of them.

Does it make one iota of difference? You'd just as well put the fit squad members in alphabetical order or ascending hat size order. Put the first 11 on the pitch and the next 7 on the bench.

it has the merit of being more scientific than LJ's approach.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thought he was ok at Villa - but I think that was swayed by some great balls he played into the box.  Tammy would've got on the end of at least one of them.

Yeah but one swallow doesn't make a hooker.

He has started so many games and produced very little and IMHO makes Scott look worse as he has no faith in advancing beyond Bryan as he knows JB will not burst a lung to get back if Scott is caught upfield. Callum on the other hand has pace to burn and seems to relish that responsibility.

Each to their own but I think he is low on confidence and not one to stand up and be counted albeit I fear there is a few of those in the squad !!

1 minute ago, Neo said:

Yeah but one swallow doesn't make a hooker.

He has started so many games and produced very little and IMHO makes Scott look worse as he has no faith in advancing beyond Bryan as he knows JB will not burst a lung to get back if Scoot caught upfield. Callum on the other hand has pace to burn and seems to relish that responsibility.

Each to their own but I think he is low on confidence and not one to stand up and be counted albeit I fear there is a few of those on the squad !!

Yeah, I wasn't disagreeing with you, I was reflecting on whether my view of Joe's performance on Tuesday was swayed by a couple of good attacking bits.

I think O'Dowda has a lot to offer.  Seems to be finding his feet.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, I wasn't disagreeing with you, I was reflecting on whether my view of Joe's performance on Tuesday was swayed by a couple of good attacking bits.

I think O'Dowda has a lot to offer.  Seems to be finding his feet.

Yeah JB did his job going forward well at Villa but as you say defensive wise looked lack-luster and was happy standing off people. 

Do agree COD really does look like a dangerous player he was willing to drive the attack and did his best to support the Full back. 

4 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

It just shows how far we have fallen that we can't agree on formation or at least half the team - when we won League1 at a canter you could set your watch by the line up and formation.

We must start with 2 up front and LJ must know that the writing is on the wall and will gain nothing by a negative or timid performance. 

Exactly the last thing we want is for a team to be picked to nullify Burton, like LJ did to nullify mighty Fleetwood at home in the cup. We need to go for it, I have horrible feeling LJ will instead play extra cautious and we will be back to the "one up front" rubbish he has served up so often this season.

5 hours ago, streety_bcfc said:

I think o'dowda should start. Looked lively in the first half vs villa. 

Geifer (although don't think he's much better than fielding)

Matthews Wright Flint Magnusson

Cotterill Smith Pack ODowda

Wilb/djuric Taylor 

Matthews only for delivery into the box. Mag for cross field balls up to the target man. 

Game of opinions but I was disappointed with O'Dowda. Compared to the impact Villa's young winger (Andre Green) had it was incomparable. That said Tomlin didn't exactly do much better. Only other option, and my preferred, is to have Golbourne or Magnusson at lb and Bryan at lm.

4 hours ago, RedDave said:

Burton likely to come for a point so let's go for it

Fielding

Hegeler.  Wright.  Mag. 

Cotterill.  Smith.   GON.   Bryan 

Tomlin 

Djuric.   Taylor.   

So that's a change in formation and six personnel changes from the side which drew at Newcastle!  Actually it's a half-decent line-up, but now is not the time for more wholesale change.  He has to stick with something like the same side.  Possibly only Reid's and Wilbs' positions in question.

Archived