IGNORED

Club and result comes first tomorrow.

SStandUp

Few topics around this subject already. So apologies. But I think this is so important to rally home to fans.

So many fans have alternative opinions regarding City. But one thing we have in common is the love for this club. If we don't win tomorrow, we are in massive trouble - the relegation battle would almost be down to 4 clubs.

Im fed up of reading things along the lines of "if we lose, Johnson will be sacked and we have a better chance of staying up". Bo**ocks! Surely the people coming out with this, don't truly wanna see us lose in the hope their opinion (risk) is proved right!  

We, as fans, can play a massive part tomorrow. It's a chance to show what a set of supporters we are by creating an atmosphere and rallying behind the players for the full 90 (despite our horrendous form). For me if I'm honest, we don't get this enough at AG! Even if we go a goal behind, we must continue to back the players, even if you don't believe in the reason your cheering! 

This club is bigger than any manager, player or opinion. And tomorrow's result is massive for the future of this football club. The 3 points tomorrow is the only thing people should be worrying about tomorrow. 

At the very least, as fans, we have to stick together! 

Please!

Up the City x

Absolutely right. Win tomorrow, confidence for Tuesday, beat Wigan and the whole thing looks different. Even then, LJ is probably not the man for the job but let's reasses at the end of the season; SL won't change it now if he didn't after Cardiff and Fulham so let's get behind the players more than ever 

4 minutes ago, tommy32 said:

Absolutely right. Win tomorrow, confidence for Tuesday, beat Wigan and the whole thing looks different. Even then, LJ is probably not the man for the job but let's reasses at the end of the season; SL won't change it now if he didn't after Cardiff and Fulham so let's get behind the players more than ever 

Exactly right. Opinions on Lee Johnson shouldn't be relevant tomorrow. It's not about him, it's about Bristol City. And as fans, who will be here long after Johnson, we have a part to play tomorrow! 

The fans didn't put the club in this dire position and they wont get the club out of it, if we go 1 down all hell will break loose; I happen to think we could well win tomorrow but it will solve nothing just put it off for another day.

23 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Exactly right. Opinions on Lee Johnson shouldn't be relevant tomorrow. It's not about him, it's about Bristol City. And as fans, who will be here long after Johnson, we have a part to play tomorrow! 

what a load of shit, he's the ******* manager who put us in this position!!! How can that not be relevant tomorrow?

2 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

what a load of shit, he's the ******* manager who put us in this position!!! How can that not be relevant tomorrow?

Yes the manager is to blame and the responsibility lies with him. This is probably the most overpaid , overrated bunch of gutless ***** I have seen pull on the red. If anyone thinks it's all LJs fault they need to lie down in a darkened room. 

32 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

The fans didn't put the club in this dire position and they wont get the club out of it, if we go 1 down all hell will break loose; I happen to think we could well win tomorrow but it will solve nothing just put it off for another day.

23 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

This isn't a Johnson in or out thread. So don't make it that. It was simply to emphasis the role the fans could potentially play tomorrow.

And when I say Johnson isn't relevant. I don't mean on the grand scheme of themes he's not. But tomorrow, the sole focus should be on 3 points for the football club. Fans can't go into the game with the mindset "hopefully we lose so that'll be the end of Johnson". That mind set from the fans is a recipe for disaster 

1 hour ago, ForeverRes said:

Few topics around this subject already. So apologies. But I think this is so important to rally home to fans.

So many fans have alternative opinions regarding City. But one thing we have in common is the love for this club. If we don't win tomorrow, we are in massive trouble - the relegation battle would almost be down to 4 clubs.

Im fed up of reading things along the lines of "if we lose, Johnson will be sacked and we have a better chance of staying up". Bo**ocks! Surely the people coming out with this, don't truly wanna see us lose in the hope their opinion (risk) is proved right!  

We, as fans, can play a massive part tomorrow. It's a chance to show what a set of supporters we are by creating an atmosphere and rallying behind the players for the full 90 (despite our horrendous form). For me if I'm honest, we don't get this enough at AG! Even if we go a goal behind, we must continue to back the players, even if you don't believe in the reason your cheering! 

This club is bigger than any manager, player or opinion. And tomorrow's result is massive for the future of this football club. The 3 points tomorrow is the only thing people should be worrying about tomorrow. 

Please!

Up the City x

Post of the month.

Please!

Up the City x

Screenshot_20170303-193228.thumb.png.f883725b818cbfdbec77e0bdc97a12e1.png

38 minutes ago, shelts said:

Yes the manager is to blame and the responsibility lies with him. This is probably the most overpaid , overrated bunch of gutless ***** I have seen pull on the red. If anyone thinks it's all LJs fault they need to lie down in a darkened room. 

No its SL's fault, he's put Lee and the rest of the guys in their positions and yo and ******* behold here we are again..... The fans have ever right to be angry, football isn't rocket science!!!

Please!

Up the City x

I agree but with the greatest of respect the fans have done nothing but set out to support the team in all games on a couple of occasions City and Johnson have been that bad that a usually supportive bunch made their feelings known.

If city are losing tomorrow expect Johnson to hear the displeasure his failure has created. 

7 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

What part of you suggests I am? In fact, it's quite the opposite. 

I fully understand the situation we are in. And therefore know the importance of tomorrow's game. 

You have said we as fans need to be 100% behind the boys tomorrow,  well we have all season . We as fans have done our bit home and away thanks. I can see what the the problem is along with many other fans, I have had no formal training in coaching or man management but I honestly believe given the backing Johnson has had this and last season I could have achieved similar results. The man is a fraud.

Please!

Up the City x

It's not about being proven right, I think people are saying that lose tomorrow and LJ goes we would then pick up more points in the remaining games with a new head coach than if we win and he gets a respite for another half dozen games or til the end of the season.

18 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

You have said we as fans need to be 100% behind the boys tomorrow,  well we have all season . We as fans have done our bit home and away thanks. I can see what the the problem is along with many other fans, I have had no formal training in coaching or man management but I honestly believe given the backing Johnson has had this and last season I could have achieved similar results. 

Our home support isn't great, let's not kid ourselves. I remember we were sitting in 8th this season and we were 0-0 with Blackburn at HT and the crowd booed the team off. Let's not get too carried away with how great our support is/ isn't. 

The position we are in is nothing to do with the fans. All I'm saying is tomorrow we give everything we've got and make Ashton Gate like it can be/ should be.

Me starting this thread wasn't a dig at the fans in previous games, nor was it about Johnson in or out. It's about how we can play our part tomorrow!

Can we all agree on that? That the fans couple potentially/ hopefully play a part in is getting 3points tomorrow! 

You honestly feel you could do a batter job yeh? Mate we're not playing FIFA. Get a grip 

Im with ForeverRes about the game tomorrow. Its not my opinion about LJ, its about avoid relegation. Ok, the season have been shit, but its not over jet, or yet. Jet was a special player by the way. So I really hope that it will be bounce at Ag. Dreamcenario we play well and win 3-0. But mainthing we win and the crowd is behind the team. We swedes are planning to come over and see the QPR game, hope that we have had some wins until then. Will be listening and be nervous tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Coyr

11 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Our home support isn't great, let's not kid ourselves. I remember we were sitting in 8th this season and we were 0-0 with Blackburn at HT and the crowd booed the team off. Let's not get too carried away with how great our support is/ isn't. 

The position we are in is nothing to do with the fans. All I'm saying is tomorrow we give everything we've got and make Ashton Gate like it can be/ should be.

Me starting this thread wasn't a dig at the fans in previous games, nor was it about Johnson in or out. It's a about how we can play our part tomorrow!

Can we all agree on that? That the fans couple potentially/ hopefully play a part in is getting 3points tomorrow! 

You honestly feel you could do a batter job yeh? Mate we're not playing FIFA. Get a grip 

Yes mate, we're all *******. Idiot.

1 minute ago, ForeverRes said:

Our home support isn't great, let's not kid ourselves. I remember we were sitting in 8th this season and we were 0-0 with Blackburn at HT and the crowd booed the team off. Let's not get too carried away with how great at support is/ isn't. 

The pofition we are in is nothing to do with the fans. All I'm saying is tomorrow we give everything we've got and make Ashton Gate like it can be/ should be.

Me starting this thread wasn't a dig at the fans in previous games, nor was it about Johnson in or out. It's a about how we can play our part tomorrow!

My point personally is , I've done my bit as a fan home and away, the people that haven't are in fact the players and  coaches  ( not just LJ )  so it grates my teeth a little when people say we as fans need to  cheer on the boys . If the 11 selected tomorrow aren't good enough to get a result then I'm sorry that's not my fault.  The blame lies squarely at the feet of Johnson and Lansdown . I've done my bit I bought the season ticket , I travelled away to places like Forest where I witnessed inept performances bordering on scandalous I made the effort to turn up that day sadly my team did not , so please if you are going to make a call to arms direct towards the people who are quite frankly failing at the job they're paid for.

14 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Just a question, what the hell do you think the fans have been doing all season? do you not call that support? I call it torture... we were getting 20,000 at the beginning of the season and LJ has driven the newbies away.... People like you make me sick, how dare you blame the fan's!!!

30 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

No its SL's fault, he's put Lee and the rest of the guys in their positions and yo and ******* behold here we are again..... The fans have ever right to be angry, football isn't rocket science!!!

:laugh:. Your the best. Pure comedy gold!!!

1 minute ago, Vincent Vega said:

My point personally is , I've done my bit as a fan home and away, the people that haven't are in fact the players and  coaches  ( not just LJ )  so it grates my teeth a little when people say we as fans need to  cheer on the boys . If the 11 selected tomorrow aren't good enough to get a result then I'm sorry that's not my fault.  The blame lies squarely at the feet of Johnson and Lansdown . I've done my bit I bought the season ticket , I travelled away to places like Forest where I witnessed inept performances bordering on scandalous I made the effort to turn up that day sadly my team did not , so please if you are going to make a call to arms direct towards the people who are quite frankly failing at the job they're paid for.

Mate, I respect that! But it wasn't my point.

The last thing we need is an atmosphere like Fulham. Because that will do no one any favours. 

It needs to be positive. We can only do our best. If that doesn't work the the players, then at the end off the day, we can hold up hands up and say look, we did our bit. Rather than hearing things like "well the atmosphere was edgy and negative and that effected the players" 

let not give them that excuse! 

32 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

I think you need to chillax man, we've been here before and we'll be here again.... that is football or the nature of the beast

The way some post it seems that this relegation struggle lark is a new thing :blink:

2 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Just a question, what the hell do you think the fans have been doing all season? do you not call that support? I call it torture... we were getting 20,000 at the beginning of the season and LJ has driven the newbies away.... People like you make me sick, how dare you blame the fan's!!!

Selective reading at its best. 

Think you'll find I said that the position we are in is nothing to do with the fans. 

Do i think Ashton Gate could have a better atmosphere? Yes. Should this make a massive difference to results? No. But could it? Yes

7 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Big of you to fess up.

Reactive comment from myself. Sorry.

Respect a lot of fans. Been put through a lot, but we're still here.

I just wouldn't like to see a repeat of the Fulham game. Was the atmosphere the main problem? No. But did it help? Probably not.

I just feel we could play a bigger part tomorrow. But the lads have to give us something in the first place! 

3 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Selective reading at its best. 

Think you'll find I said that the position we are in is nothing to do with the fans. 

Do i think Ashton Gate could have a better atmosphere? Yes. Should this make a massive difference to results? No. But could it? Yes

Thats OTIB for you...

You're right, AG can be a morgue. Fans can play a part in spurring the team to perform even harder, we've seen it at away games.. recent memory Newcastle and Fulham (last and this season)

1 minute ago, ForeverRes said:

Mate, I respect that! But it wasn't my point.

The last thing we need is an atmosphere like Fulham. Because that will do no one any favours. 

It needs to be positive. We can only do our best. If that doesn't work the the players, then at the end off the day, we can hold up hands up and say look, we did our bit. Rather than hearing things like "well the atmosphere was edgy and negative and that effected the players" 

let not give them that excuse! 

This is not directed at you personally,  but I'm honesty sick to death of pussy footing around with our coach and players , **** um they are grown ups paid shit loads of money to do a job , now I can handle getting beat by a better team or a wonder goal but what I can't take is gutless performances and the same old shit excuses spoon fed to us like we're morons ( see any post match interview in the past 5 months ) if they aren't man enough to front up in a hostile atmosphere of their own making then quite honestly **** off and let's find some that can. ...rant over.

8 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

I think you need to chillax man, we've been here before and we'll be here again.... that is football or the nature of the beast

The way some post it seems that this relegation struggle lark is a new thing :blink:

Look at whats been invested.. Its a bloody shambles you must admit?... 

1 hour ago, glos old boy said:

hell breaking loose from where?  One down may well have the opposite effect as the players need encouragement and the majority of fans are prepared to give it to them until at least 2 -0 down!

Archived