IGNORED

Joe Bryan

Lew-T

Reid & Bryan have both gone backwards and not Championship standard on current form.  We all want our own to do well but if we paid money for either they would be slaughtered.  Worst game I've ever seen Bryan today and he's had some shockers! 

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

What a myth this guy is. Is he sucking LJ off every week to retain his place in the team?

Couldn't agree more. He is even allowed the chance to fail in more than one position. He is also the least energetic 21 year old I've seen!! 

Yes Joe was poor today but then so were a lot of players - just not playing anywhere near their potential. None of them. Purely a management and coaching problem.

Can't see how Lee, or Ashton for that matter can stay but then I'm not as invested as SL. Many supporters not angry or annoyed anymore - just an acceptance of the inevitable. Steve should act now or risk lots of sad folk just drifting away from the club?

1 hour ago, stogursey red said:

He came over at the end of the game to clap the fans and got told what people thought of him in no uncertain terms, think this is the day fans fell out of love with him

And im not afraid or ashamed to say i was one of them. 

Lazy, going through the motions is the best i can describe him. The fact hes 'one of our own' is irrelevant and the reason he seems to get away with it. 

Wouldnt be near the squad for me at the moment. 

31 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

You're having a laugh right..

No , he's been useless at left back, left wing back , left wing and then gets to play centre midfield! Pulls out of every tackle and hides from the ball.

Hes low on confidence , has been for months. If magnuson and co are left on the sidelines for a long spell , why not joe? 

37 minutes ago, nickolas said:

And im not afraid or ashamed to say i was one of them. 

Lazy, going through the motions is the best i can describe him. The fact hes 'one of our own' is irrelevant and the reason he seems to get away with it. 

Wouldnt be near the squad for me at the moment. 

And I and like you I harbour no fear or shame. 

The only persons who should be ashamed are Joe and his colleagues. 

Don't tell me he's a fan. A fan would have left EVERYTHING out there today and would have had sweat dripping from every single effing pore. He did not. And he had the audacity to parade the pitch. 

Times up Joe. You might be from the academy but you've forgotten why you strived so hard to make it as a footballer and for your local side. Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out. 

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

This is the norm for Joe Bryan on the wing I'm afraid. I haven't seen him sprint since maybe beginning of last year or the L1 year before. The only place he should be playing is in central midfield where his only good performances have been. 

Fleetwood away when he outpaced their fullback and hit the bar(post?). Only adding facts to the debate. 

1 hour ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Fleetwood away when he outpaced their fullback and hit the bar(post?). Only adding facts to the debate. 

I wasn't there so I'll take your word for it. Sitting in Dolman I honestly don't remember him hitting a sprint today. It's been a problem for me for months now with him. He is in constant jog mode. Doesn't make sprints off the ball in behind and doesn't sprint back on defense(when he's playing LM). He's been the biggest disappointment for me since we went up

9 minutes ago, Jacki said:

A friend of mine knows Joe well. She reckons that he's been hankering after a move to the Prem for a couple of years, he genuinely believes he's good enough as well apparently.....

LJ said he thought Joe was good enough to make it as a Premier League LB - strangely though Lee mostly stopped playing him as LB, I assume because he does not think he is a Championship quality LB -  LJ logic.

He's got absolutely no hope of getting to the Premiership the way he's playing right now. He seems to have one speed - slow. When it's time to shift his bum to get back in defence, he runs in that half speed mode. He overhits crosses and misses opportunities to get forward etc etc. Time to put him on the bench for a month. We demand that for our hard earned money players as a minimum work bloody hard. A Sam Allardyce or Pearson or Mourinho wouldn't put up with half hearted players. Can't Johnson get at them and get them going. That said, today we started ok but tailed off. Johnson should spot that and get after them. Saw him stood on the side with his hands in his pockets. Pemberton was doing a lot of calling from the side.   

21 minutes ago, Jacki said:

A friend of mine knows Joe well. She reckons that he's been hankering after a move to the Prem for a couple of years, he genuinely believes he's good enough as well apparently.....

And he's going about it by looking League One at best. The deluded fool is unlikely to even get a move at this level. Kodjia ffs didn't even get a Prem move. 

8 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Reality is if we go down he will get a move to a decent championship team and establish a good career e.g Skuse. Bryan and Reid have regressed massively as a result of LJs management, shocking. The whole club is a mess right now!

LJ to blame for many thinks but joe's form has been in decline since the last few months of SC reign.

He simply needs a rest! Don't flog a dead horse!

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

LJ to blame for many thinks but joe's form has been in decline since the last few months of SC reign.

He simply needs a rest! Don't flog a dead horse!

Or his old man to work his surgical skills and remove his head from his own arse. 

17 minutes ago, 29AR said:

And he's going about it by looking League One at best. The deluded fool is unlikely to even get a move at this level. Kodjia ffs didn't even get a Prem move. 

Totally agree. But apparently Joe rates himself very highly. 

To be fair to him, I do blame LJ for his form to an extent. He was never a left back and playing him there has done nothing but hamper his development. 

1 minute ago, Jacki said:

Totally agree. But apparently Joe rates himself very highly. 

To be fair to him, I do blame LJ for his form to an extent. He was never a left back and playing him there has done nothing but hamper his development. 

What is his best position ? 

6 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Good player. Find it funny so many think he gets special treatment because he's from the academy. If he was in another team in the Championship we would be happy to sign him. The Undroppable Aden Flint on the other hand...

Flint is a really odd example given there have been plenty of threads and posts lambasting him and numerous calling for HM to replace him. 

The difference with Joe is simple; all players get criticism from many quarters, but few get people leaping to their defence - even in criticising others - as Bryan or Reid do.  That is the special treatment. 

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

Flint is a really odd example given there have been plenty of threads and posts lambasting him and numerous calling for HM to replace him. 

The difference with Joe is simple; all players get criticism from many quarters, but few get people leaping to their defence - even in criticising others - as Bryan or Reid do.  That is the special treatment. 

Totally disagree. 

2 hours ago, Jacki said:

Yes and a friend of mine will tell you thats utter nonesense.

thoroughly top bloke with both feet on the ground.

Archived