IGNORED

Robert Mugabe?

CotswoldRed

I've as much hope for the immediate future as a Zimbabwean under Robert Mugabe. 

We're still playing inept football after a criminal run of form that shows no sign of abating. 

Its like having an old man in charge of the club who's lost his marbles who cannot see the pain and torment he's causing. 

I hate this club right now. 

We're rudderless and have a lamentable case of ignorance and apathy at the very top. Surely, surely, being in the bottom three a halfwit would have ensured that we now have a get out clause which means we can kick this joker in to touch. THERE SHOULD NOW BE NO REASON TO KEEP HIM EMPLOYED. 

For all his wealth, its clear Lansdown is gravely lacking in football knowledge and knowhow. Anyone with an appreciation of the game will know that the way the players are playing we have little chance of winning more than 1 in 10.

I'll not be going back again this season with LJ at the helm. 

I'll invest a little more time with my family. 

See you at AG next season. 

1 minute ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

On the positive side. I found a bottle of Scotch under the stairs I'd forgotten all about. It's getting emptied in traditional fashion later 

Nice one. 

That'll help when listening to the patently dishonest assessments from LJ. 

I'm not going back until SL sorts this shit out. I mean he said he wouldn't let us go down, but if we do I won't be back until we come back up because this has been suicide and the majority of fans were against keeping LJ in place but were ignored and then blamed. No more of my hard earned money until it is put right and we are back in the Championship.

6 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I've as much hope for the immediate future as a Zimbabwean under Robert Mugabe. 

We're still playing inept football after a criminal run of form that shows no sign of abating. 

Its like having an old man in charge of the club who's lost his marbles who cannot see the pain and torment he's causing. 

I hate this club right now. 

We're rudderless and have a lamentable case of ignorance and apathy at the very top. Surely, surely, being in the bottom three a halfwit would have ensured that we now have a get out clause which means we can kick this joker in to touch. THERE SHOULD NOW BE NO REASON TO KEEP HIM EMPLOYED. 

For all his wealth, its clear Lansdown is gravely lacking in football knowledge and knowhow. Anyone with an appreciation of the game will know that the way the players are playing we have little chance of winning more than 1 in 10.

I'll not be going back again this season with LJ at the helm. 

I'll invest a little more time with my family. 

See you at AG next season. 

So are you comparing LJ or SL of Bristol City (a football club) to Robert Mugabe, a man who has perpetrated crimes against humanity, violence, starvation to his own people? what an odd analogy :blink:

At least say, we're shit, we're being run poorly etc. without comparing to a desperate situation those people are in

1 minute ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I'm not going back until SL sorts this shit out. I mean he said he wouldn't let us go down, but if we do I won't be back until we come back up because this has been suicide and the majority of fans were against keeping LJ in place but were ignored and then blamed. No more of my hard earned money until it is put right and we are back in the Championship.

That's just how I feel. I know we don't actually play or win the games, but that League One Championship season saw me spend an awful lot of time and money travelling around the country to urge the players on. If that's all going to be thrown away in the most unnecessary relegation in my time then I'm with you...let SL sort out the mess in League One and I'll pop back when we've returned to where we should, with the squad we have, comfortably be.

Frankly, after decades traveling the country, life's too short for many more days spent watching lower league football.

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

That's just how I feel. I know we don't actually play or win the games, but that League One Championship season saw me spend an awful lot of time and money travelling around the country to urge the players on. If that's all going to be thrown away in the most unnecessary relegation in my time then I'm with you...let SL sort out the mess in League One and I'll pop back when we've returned to where we should, with the squad we have, comfortably be.

Frankly, after decades traveling the country, life's too short for many more days spent watching lower league football.

Return where we should? Where is 'should'? I've done the same, travelling all over the place watching City in L1/D3 etc, not so much now due to more pressing commitments

For me, L1 is where we seem to belong... (Not that I'm happy with that but thats football for you)

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

It's the way that it is being arrogantly thrown away when we have been absolutely begging for change is the straw that broke the camels back for me (to quote John Sitton). Fair enough if we have just been unlucky but I have never seen the self destruct button pressed like this in all my years supporting City. I honestly can't believe this is happening for real?! It's like the worst nightmare apart from going bust!

5 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Return where we should? Where is 'should'? I've done the same, travelling all over the place watching City in L1/D3 etc, not so much now due to more pressing commitments

For me, L1 is where we seem to belong... (Not that I'm happy with that but thats football for you)

We now have the infrastructure in place and facilities to support Championship football with ease. Granted I agree that League One used to be our level, but you only have to look at our setup now to realise that compared to most sides in League One it would be like them coming to Wembley.... well certainly for Rovers anyway.

11 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

So are you comparing LJ or SL of Bristol City (a football club) to Robert Mugabe, a man who has perpetrated crimes against humanity, violence, starvation to his own people? what an odd analogy :blink:

At least say, we're shit, we're being run poorly etc. without comparing to a desperate situation those people are in

Have a day off. That's the point of an anology. I wasn't suggesting our predicament was as serious as theirs. While you are at it look up "tongue in cheek". 

We now have the infrastructure in place and facilities to support Championship football with ease. Granted I agree that League One used to be our level, but you only have to look at our setup now to realise that compared to most sides in League One it would be like them coming to Wembley.... we'll certainly for Rovers anyway.

Now it is yes but the academy etc has so under utilised in the past that we are still behind in terms of development, alot of that can be pointed at Johnson Senior... It may take a few years before we're upto speed in this league, even longer if we are relegated

1 minute ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Now it is yes but the academy etc has so under utilised in the past that we are still behind in terms of development, alot of that can be pointed at Johnson Senior... It may take a few years before we're upto speed in this league, even longer if we are relegated

In my era all the best boys were being snapped up by Norwich and Southampton.....Jock Rae turned up months too late and picked up what was left. 

Just now, Emperor Palpatine said:

Just a genuine question at a rather poor 'tongue in cheek' jibe, not allowed to express an opinion on why I think its an odd analogy

Fair enough.

But I lose the will to live on people who immediately think I'm suggesting SL is as bad as a heinous dictator. 

I'm suggesting, loosely, he seems to share to some bizarre characteristics. 

10 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

It's being thrown away though...if SL wants to run a club that competes at the same level as the Shews, Oxford and the Gas then that's fine...and if that's what others are happy to watch that's fine too...I've seen enough of that tosh and at 55 I'll be checking out...

In my era all the best boys were being snapped up by Norwich and Southampton.....Jock Rae turned up months too late and picked up what was left. 

This seems to a problem, even now. Something to do with jurisdiction on where clubs can operate and find talented youth players, not sure about all the details (I'm sure someone can explain it a bit more than me) 

We have been, apart from the odd blip, too good for League One but not good enough for the Championship since the early 1980s. We haven't always been promoted from the third level when we have been too good for it and we haven't always been relegated from level two when we haven't been good enough for it. I agree with Cheesleysmate that the stadium and infrastructure is now up to Championship, even Premier class. However, on the pitch sod all has changed. Unfortunately, it is what happens on the pitch which determines our league position and I have still to see anything yet which says we are good enough for the Championship, let alone too good for it!

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

It's being thrown away though...if SL wants to run a club that competes at the same level as the Shews, Oxford and the Gas then that's fine...and if that's what others are happy to watch that's fine too...I've seen enough of that tosh and at 55 I'll be checking out...

Me too thanks. Got enough gloating Sags to deal with already.

2 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

This seems to a problem, even now. Something to do with jurisdiction on where clubs can operate and find talented youth players, not sure about all the details (I'm sure someone can explain it a bit more than me) 

Unless we are investing heavily in grass roots and scouting then we won't produce the talent needed. The lads coming through all seem to have certain problems that you know can't be ironed out of them. Apparently our under 23's are doing well? One thing is for sure, if LJ is here next season (which is looking likely) we'll see a number of them being given opportunities. We won't risk at Championship level.

22 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Absolute nonsense. We belong much higher the fact is we continually hugely underachieve. If people like you are just going to accept it then you are letting those who run our club get away with failure dressed up as mediocrity

13 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Fair enough.

But I lose the will to live on people who immediately think I'm suggesting SL is as bad as a heinous dictator. 

I'm suggesting, loosely, he seems to share to some bizarre characteristics. 

We'll your wrong and out of order.

5 minutes ago, desert said:

Absolute nonsense. We belong much higher the fact is we continually hugely underachieve. If people like you are just going to accept it then you are letting those who run our club get away with failure dressed up as mediocrity

I don't accept it but it is what we are continually served up. 

Archived