IGNORED

calm down calm down

TRL

You have chosen to support a 2nd division 3rd division yo yo club.  We have done this for years and will continue to do it for years.  No need to blow a blood vessel and turn on each other.

We have been shit and always be shit.  yes we have the odd ray if light every 8 years or so.

Enjoy the every 8 years ray of light and let the the rest of the shite sweep over you.

I have to say the Lansdown years and my dislike for the man has mellowed me a lot. Am I missing not going to the gate?  No.  Am I enjoying away games? No where near as much as I did when I was younger.  Am I falling out of love with football?  Probably  Is that LJ's fault? No?  Is it the way footballis going?  Yes.

Smile, be happy, enjoy L1 if we end up there.  Always know it could be worse, you could be gasheads!

3 minutes ago, TRL said:

You have chosen to support a 2nd division 3rd division yo yo club.  We have done this for years and will continue to do it for years.  No need to blow a blood vessel and turn on each other.

We have been shit and always be shit.  yes we have the odd ray if light every 8 years or so.

Enjoy the every 8 years ray of light and let the the rest of the shite sweep over you.

I have to say the Lansdown years and my dislike for the man has mellowed me a lot. Am I missing not going to the gate?  No.  Am I enjoying away games? No where near as much as I did when I was younger.  Am I falling out of love with football?  Probably  Is that LJ's fault? No?  Is it the way footballis going?  Yes.

Smile, be happy, enjoy L1 if we end up there.  Always know it could be worse, you could be gasheads!

God help us if they are promoted 

Settling for the mediocrity of league one is utterly, utterly ridiculous in light of the rejuvenation of Ashton Gate.

If the message from the club was - we are always going to be a league one club, then don't renovate the ground and spend £15 million on players. 

The old AG was perfectly adequate for attendances of 10,000 every other week. And generated enough income to buy half decent players at that level. 

But the message from the club was of "the five pillars" which seems to have evolved into this very obscure notion of "the project". That we will make the step up to the championship AND we will compete here. 

If we are to apathetically accept the prospect of league one because "it's historically where we belong" then we may as well switch off the lights and give up now. The passion, the determination and the drive to do better is what makes football what it is! 

So I say no, we will not accept this joke of a leadership at our club. No, we will not allow ourselves to be torn apart by negligent/ignorant owners and directors. We can achieve more, we should be achieving more and to say otherwise (in my opinion) is fundamentally misguided.

9 minutes ago, TRL said:

We have been shit and always be shit. Your words not mine

So should we give up?  Like you have? I know you've given your reasons for not going anymore and fair play for sticking to your guns. But I'm 40 odd years deep, and I won't turn my back on the club regardless of owners or managers. Yes I might be watching  the likes of Exeter and Rochdale again, but that's the lot of a supporter. 

CTID  and all that shizzle. 

2 minutes ago, glynriley said:

We have been shit and always be shit. Your words not mine

So should we give up?  Like you have? I know you've given your reasons for not going anymore and fair play for sticking to your guns. But I'm 40 odd years deep, and I won't turn my back on the club regardless of owners or managers. Yes I might be watching  the likes of Exeter and Rochdale again, but that's the lot of a supporter. 

CTID  and all that shizzle. 

I only gave up on home games.  I'll still be going to the likes of Rochdale, if i have the cash to do so, and maybe one day I will be go to the gate if possession of the club changes.

Give up, accept, strive for more.  None of this is in the hands of the supporters, we can shout, support, complain all we like.  Unless we are billionaires we cannot shape our future, there is no point in striving for something you cannot effect.  Now if you were a billionaire then fill yer boots.  But in my mind its not worth getting worked up about, there are far more important things to vent your anger on.

1 minute ago, TRL said:

I only gave up on home games.  I'll still be going to the likes of Rochdale, if i have the cash to do so, and maybe one day I will be go to the gate if possession of the club changes.

Give up, accept, strive for more.  None of this is in the hands of the supporters, we can shout, support, complain all we like.  Unless we are billionaires we cannot shape our future, there is no point in striving for something you cannot effect.  Now if you were a billionaire then fill yer boots.  But in my mind its not worth getting worked up about, there are far more important things to vent your anger on.

I'm not angry anymore, just disappointed. My grandson keeps me chilled these days. Life moves on and priorities change. 

City is my weekend escape and I enjoy the day out with the lads more than the football these days.

Getting old, but I wouldn't change it for the world 

Archived