IGNORED

A positive from yesterday and team for Tuesday

BCFC_Josh

In what was a very frustrating game yesterday a positive in my view was Taylor and Djuric. I thought both combined well in the short time they had when they came on. This is a partnership that needs to be given chance to flourish and I hope they are up front together on Tuesday. I thought Gary O'Neil had a bad game yesterday and three games in a week looked too much for him. With that in mind I would include Pack who I think deserves a chance. Thoughts?

Giefer

Wright Flint Magnusson

Cotterill Pack Tomlin Smith Bryan

Taylor Djuric

17 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Have you seen tomlin this season?

Yes, admittedly he has had poor games such as yesterday but then who hasnt? IMO he is City's most technically gifted player and perhaps the one of the only players who can change a game on his own when on song. That said I was very close to putting Paterson instead of him as I think he should get a run in the team and his work rate is better than Tomlin's. 

I didn't like the line up V Burton, clearly lacked goals considering we have the Tomlin of this season not last.

I think our squad best suits 4-4-2.

Giefer (improving well)

Vyner      Wright          Flint       Mags

Cotts       Hegeler        Smith    Paterson

Taylor (should be playing more) Djuric

24 minutes ago, BCFC Josh said:

Yes, admittedly he has had poor games such as yesterday but then who hasnt? IMO he is City's most technically gifted player and perhaps the one of the only players who can change a game on his own when on song. That said I was very close to putting Paterson instead of him as I think he should get a run in the team and his work rate is better than Tomlin's. 

Paterson is awful and typifies what has gone stone this season. It seems the only criteria for players is that they are young (certainly those bought in the summer). So we have ended up with a bloated and disjointed young squad of garbage.

1 hour ago, BCFC Josh said:

In what was a very frustrating game yesterday a positive in my view was Taylor and Djuric. I thought both combined well in the short time they had when they came on. This is a partnership that needs to be given chance to flourish and I hope they are up front together on Tuesday. I thought Gary O'Neil had a bad game yesterday and three games in a week looked too much for him. With that in mind I would include Pack who I think deserves a chance. Thoughts?

Giefer

Wright Flint Magnusson

Cotterill Pack Tomlin Smith Bryan

Taylor Djuric

This but Odowda in for Bryan and Paterson/Brownhill in for Tomlin

Has to be:-                          Team A

Giefer

Vyder.      Wright.                  Flint.       Magnusson.

Cotterill.    O'Neil.                 Pack.       O'Dowda

Djuric.                 Taylor

Team B

Giefer

Wright              Flint              Magnusson

Cotterill     O'Neil                Reid         Pack.        O'Dowda

Djuric.                    Taylor

Tomlin doesn't do anywhere near enough on the pitch for me. Gives the ball away far to much. Appears sluggish, loses the ball but doesn't work to get it back.  O'Neil was really good yesterday. Very mobile, snapping into tackles and linking play. Wright seemed a bit vulnerable in a back three and appears better suited to a back four. Great to have Magnusson back and he played well. Bryan was ok in the first half but his standard dropped down in the second. My front two will become a difficult pair to deal with given that LJ plays them together regularly. 

Norwich had a pasting yesterday and their confidence must be low. We can and must win the game. LJ don't tinker to much.

Pointless thread really, anyone that actually got the same team as LJ would be instantly institutionalised :blink::blink:

Seriously though, Saturday was not a must win but WAS a cup final which really you must win or your out. Well done our tactical genius.
Explains why a game we really could have done with winning he played a 37 year old up on his own, where the width was negated by making the wide men play wing back and have to cover. Then playing 2 attcking MF's that NEVER get beyond the front man. Burton never knew what was going on! Sadly neither did our Xl.

I would like to play a 3 in MF with Hegeler holding and Brownhill and Oniel either side. That wouldn't work in a balanced team with 2 up top. It would probably have to be Odowda and Cotterill either side of Duric and a back 4.
I guess with Burton not being a must win, then Tuesday isn't either, plus Mags can't play FB so it will be a 3. That means Cotterill and Bryan WBs. Oniel's be playing pretty well so he could be dropped maybe Brownhill and Pack/Hegeler. He likes playing Tomlin at the Gate so he's in and he probably heard the moans and likes a tinker so 2 up top. The way players disappear and then pop up in the first team, expect Engvall to partner Tammy. If not probably Taylor and Duric. I find it hard to care now it is the most depressing relegation season ever, (and I've seen a few) and we're not relegated yet !

1 minute ago, WECANDO said:

Has to be:-                          Team A

Giefer

Vyder.      Wright.                  Flint.       Magnusson.

Cotterill.    O'Neil.                 Pack.       O'Dowda

Djuric.                 Taylor

Team B

Giefer

Wright              Flint              Magnusson

Cotterill     O'Neil                Hegeler          Pack.        O'Dowda

Djuric.                    Taylor

Tomlin doesn't do anywhere near enough on the pitch for me. Gives the ball away far to much. Appears sluggish, loses the ball but doesn't work to get it back.  O'Neil was really good yesterday. Very mobile, snapping into tackles and linking play. Wright seemed a bit vulnerable in a back three and appears better suited to a back four. Great to have Magnusson back and he played well. Bryan was ok in the first half but his standard dropped down in the second. My front two will become a difficult pair to deal with given that LJ plays them together regularly. 

Norwich had a pasting yesterday and their confidence must be low. We can and must win the game. LJ don't tinker to much.

No Korey, the best player on the pitch yesterday imo?

Archived