IGNORED

Potential impact of Relegation on Redevelopment

Lack of Action Man

Of the Wickes/Dreams site and the mysterious "other" redevelopment that a few posters on here know about but won't divulge the details of. :glare:

What are people's thoughts about constructing a hotel, and possible other ground refurbishments for not only a league one football team but a Championship rugby club too?

I'm wondering if the reason it's all gone quiet is because both us and the rugby are performing so poorly. 

Something other than #johnsonout to discuss I guess.

Doubt it will make any difference.

The redevelopment is all about business/commercial income.

SL will still want the conference centre, hotel etc. I doubt the performance of sports teams will make that much difference.

I believe the ground was used for business events on at least three days/evenings last week.

50 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

Doubt it will make any difference.

The redevelopment is all about business/commercial income.

SL will still want the conference centre, hotel etc. I doubt the performance of sports teams will make that much difference.

I believe the ground was used for business events on at least three days/evenings last week.

I think it will make a difference.

Both clubs will definitely lose corporate clients/partners from relegation. Whether that be sponsors, caterers or anything else, relegation makes no sense from a business point of view for either club. 

Perhaps the wickes redevelopment and the "mystery" redevelopment won't be affected. But you can guarantee our sponsorship and corporate partnerships will be.

Archived