IGNORED

Two things....

WesM

1. Has anyone else noticed that the way we under Johnson the Manager is very similar to Johnson the player?

Tackles shirked, ball played sideways a lot in defence and midfield to keep it, with not much creativity or end product. I know this is a confidence issue but come on! The game has changed quite a bit in the last few years and possession stats don't mean as much as they used to. We've seen teams win games with 20% possession this season. The lack of go forward really grinds my gears.

And....

2. We are incapable of working a simple feet and back throw-in routine. I've noticed this a lot over the last 5 games but yesterday was ridiculous. I counted at least 6 times where we lost possession from our own throw-in, two of which resulted in chances for Burton. Again, maybe a confidence issue with no-one willing to show, but it's another example of how we just aren't doing the basics right.

I agree on the throw in's - was driving me mad as well, especially as Burton seemed happy to concede so many throws when they could have cleared it.

When we are desperate for a victory, I also despair at how long it takes to restart following a throw - few City players make themselves available and feel happy to pick the ball up then allow another player to actually take it, slowing it all down again - even SOD was keep on the importance of restarts - LJ doesn't seem to care (we can add it to the list of topics he doesn't coach)

Archived