IGNORED

Can you remember your reaction

Alan Dicks

Or how you initially felt when Lee Johnson was announced as manager/Head coach?

For me it was utter disbelief that we would go for someone with no experience of managing at championship level and had achieved absolutely nothing below championship level.

As for the contract extension, that left me speechless

2 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

For me it was utter disbelief that we would go for someone with no experience of managing at championship level and had achieved absolutely nothing below championship level.

I bought into it :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Utterly bemused.  My choice was Rosler.

I remember being at cricket nets at uni saying I wasn't sure what was going on with the appointment and that I thought it's to early for him.

Honestly thought JP and Wade Elliot would see the season out.

But I said I hope he proves me wrong and wanted him to but oh well! 

Warnock was my choice but I thought that I would give him a chance. Pembo had ended the losing streak and Lee carried on the work without tinkering too much. Then as soon as the reigns were handed over fully we got away with a few results and had a bit of luck. Remember Lee saying that we are winning without playing particularly well.......Well, we continued not to play very well and the luck ran out, then it simply got worse and worse and worse. Complete inexperience and has been found out. Takes a lot more to be a successful manager than a few certificates!

2 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

Underwhelmed at the time but prepared to give the fella a chance.

Gary Monk was my choice at the time.

Same here, if they were going to get a manger in then I wanted him first choice if not let the duo who were caretaking crack on.

19 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Disgust

Completely underwelmed, but hoped the powers that be at the club could see something that his management career up to that point didn't hint at.

Big worry for me was that he had deeply divided the fan base when he was playing for us and I could only see that being magnified if things took a downturn with him as head coach.  This makes it even more inexplicable that SL has cut him far more slack than any other manager during his time at the club.

What can SL see in him that none of us fans can???

28 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Was pretty ambivalent.  Thought it was 2 years too early, but also we weren't in a position to be choosy (you'd be surprised whose names were on the list!). :facepalm:

26 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Utterly bemused.  My choice was Rosler.

You surprise me.  What has made you become such a fan of LJ, when we are now in a worse position?  Rosler is my current choice.

20 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

Underwhelmed at the time but prepared to give the fella a chance.

Gary Monk was my choice at the time.

Same here re Monk.

Archived