IGNORED

Lost the Matchday buzz...

JakeOTIB

Whenever I use to wake up on a Saturday morning, I had that little buzz of excitement knowing it's a match day. I had that tingly feeling every time I waked down Winterstoke Road and approaching Ashton Gate. Whenever I walked through the turnstiles and got into the stadium, I felt excited. Wheneven I walked through the entrance and saw the stadium appear around me, I felt like I was home. When I heard the William Tell Overture music ring round the stadium, I felt the burning fire inside of me. Hearing the Bristol City anthem got me pumped for the match and when the whistle blew and the ball is kicked, hearing the infamous 'Come on youuuu redssss' around the stadium made me feel so buzzed for football matches. I honestly can't describe the feeling. 

Nowadays, because of the lack of atmosphere and our recent form, I don't have the same buzz as I once had anymore. Whenever I wake up on Saturday, I just feel like 'Do I really want to go today?'. Whenever I approach the stadium, all I am thinking of is losing. When the game gets off to a start, I just feel scared because of the tempo of the opposition and usually the away supporters outnumbering us in terms of volume. Whenever the opposition are attacking, I always feel like the other team will score every time. Whenever we're on the attack, all I am thinking about is us losing the ball again.

Point is, I, and I'm sure many others will feel the same, have lost the buzz for City matches nowadays. I'll always support City. I love them. They're like your parents. You love them, but they sometimes frustrate you but you still put up with them. 

I hope one day I'll get the match day buzz which I once had back.

9 minutes ago, JakeOTIB said:

Whenever I use to wake up on a Saturday morning, I had that little buzz of excitement knowing it's a match day. I had that tingly feeling every time I waked down Winterstoke Road and approaching Ashton Gate. Whenever I walked through the turnstiles and got into the stadium, I felt excited. Wheneven I walked through the entrance and saw the stadium appear around me, I felt like I was home. When I heard the William Tell Overture music ring round the stadium, I felt the burning fire inside of me. Hearing the Bristol City anthem got me pumped for the match and when the whistle blew and the ball is kicked, hearing the infamous 'Come on youuuu redssss' around the stadium made me feel so buzzed for football matches. I honestly can't describe the feeling. 

Nowadays, because of the lack of atmosphere and our recent form, I don't have the same buzz as I once had anymore. Whenever I wake up on Saturday, I just feel like 'Do I really want to go today?'. Whenever I approach the stadium, all I am thinking of is losing. When the game gets off to a start, I just feel scared because of the tempo of the opposition and usually the away supporters outnumbering us in terms of volume. Whenever the opposition are attacking, I always feel like the other team will score every time. Whenever we're on the attack, all I am thinking about is us losing the ball again.

Point is, I, and I'm sure many others will feel the same, have lost the buzz for City matches nowadays. I'll always support City. I love them. They're like your parents. You love them, but they sometimes frustrate you but you still put up with them. 

I hope one day I'll get the match day buzz which I once had back.

Put new batteries in mate that will get the "buzz" back...:thumbsup:

I've see n then go up to the first and down to bottom of the fourth. The buzz goes but it comes back.it hurts and its depressing when you are losing. I've seen managers and players crying in the toilets because they feel they have let their mates down.it turns however beating Liverpoo,l cup runs, Wembley , promotions each small victory brings the buzz back.Hang in there you are a true fan we all have our opinions mine are in the minority at the moment but events will change. The buzz will be back!

1 minute ago, SouthStand Sandwich said:

Noticed yesterday - whilst there was a few soundings of " come on you Reds..." ... not one song was sung around the ground - representative of the gloom of our current predicament ... god, I am beginning to loatheGoing to the gate

I already am with state we're in

1 hour ago, SouthStand Sandwich said:

Noticed yesterday - whilst there was a few soundings of " come on you Reds..." ... not one song was sung around the ground - representative of the gloom of our current predicament ... god, I am beginning to loatheGoing to the gate

I think this was, well atleast in my case respecting what the club asked, support the team for 90 minutes then voice my opinion after the match. Surprise surprise Johnson does his normal disappearing act straight down the tunnel unlike when we get a good result like Newcastle or beating the mighty Rotherham. Did this help? Did it hell! If anything if got me more angered that I'd respected them and yet we constantly get served up this shower of s**t and the smarmy post match comments.

I still ave a buzz on match day, not for the game but for the ritual of a Saturday, food , a drink and meet the family . The football has massively become secondary . What a shame. We lost the momentum after the cup and league double and then again after LJ kept us up. 

Still think we can stay up 

2 hours ago, Bob Thompson said:

I've see n then go up to the first and down to bottom of the fourth. The buzz goes but it comes back.it hurts and its depressing when you are losing. I've seen managers and players crying in the toilets because they feel they have let their mates down.it turns however beating Liverpoo,l cup runs, Wembley , promotions each small victory brings the buzz back.Hang in there you are a true fan we all have our opinions mine are in the minority at the moment but events will change. The buzz will be back!

All due respect Bob, you're a similar vintage to me but have you ever known it be so divisive as it is now? Even in '82 the support were together. This has never happened that I can remember, never like this?

39 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

All due respect Bob, you're a similar vintage to me but have you ever known it be so divisive as it is now? Even in '82 the support were together. This has never happened that I can remember, never like this?

In 82 everyone rallied round and stuck together. Admittedly there was no Internet and Social Media to gauge how other fans were feeling, but I'm absolutely certain, we've never been so torn apart over what's happening at BCFC as we are right now.

Tuesday night could be a night Steve Lansdown doesn't want to experience.

I think because we are in the here and now that makes the current situation seem quite bad when in fact we have gone through worse.

The end of Cotts and GJ was painful, remember how it ended with Cotts?  Having a bust up with fans. GJ having a so say bust up with players, the Tinnion days were also awful and the less said about Sods time in charge the better.

But as for a torn fanbase it was definitely torn when GJ and Cotts were sacked. I think because some remembered the success they brought us but other more interested in the current form. I remember seeing fights in the stands and we're not yet at that stage.

6 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

You sound ripe for a boycott, lad!

I'll always support my team. Never boycotted a game in my life. I'll be going tomorrow, but if things don't change in the near future it's not beyond the realms of possibility! 

Remember the fan riots of the late 70's early 80's. Death threats to Directors, crowds going down to 4,000. Without the inspired loan signing early in the season our issues would have surfaced even earlier.We have always found it difficult to consolidate in this league as all players need to up their game. We live on positive expectations makes the lack of buzz harder to take in a bad spell.

23 minutes ago, Bob Thompson said:

Remember the fan riots of the late 70's early 80's. Death threats to Directors, crowds going down to 4,000. Without the inspired loan signing early in the season our issues would have surfaced even earlier.We have always found it difficult to consolidate in this league as all players need to up their game. We live on positive expectations makes the lack of buzz harder to take in a bad spell.

Interesting- could you elaborate on those? Well before my time but always interesting to learn about the past? This was presumably in 2nd or 3rd tier times post Division One?

Our years in the first division were marred by yob violence throughout football. Due to bad management by directors we slid from 1st to 4th. All our teams were thrown out of leagues and it was left to players to tear up their contracts and a few brave men to save the club.Since that time there has been ups and downs, boardroom coups but no one with sufficient funds to keep us in a secure position. Until now! The rules have changed this year with fair play and limited loan periods . Football crowds are changing hopefully there are no more pitched battles, its safe to take children , safe to have food and drink with mates.I am accused of being a happy slapper, no I'm a football fan and I fail to see that bad mouthing our benefactor or inciting trouble by organising a protest that even if successful will leave our club financially worse off without the wherewithal to improve. Lets all hope that the Lansdown family have the fortitude to continue their support or it will be 1982 all over again!

Archived