IGNORED

Does anyone lay blame on players at all?

BristolIsRed

Just now, BigTone said:

No, I have no need to as to offer a counter argument against complete bollox is a waste of my time

Yeah, obviously all the manager's fault!! Every season same old shite but it's always the manager, eh?

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

Of course the players are to blame, as well as LJ. Players are even coming out saying they are not necessarily putting their instructions in to place, if that's not a great big warning sign, if that's not feeding LJ's comment weeks later of who he can trust, not sure a horse can be led closer to water.

How to apportion blame is another matter, something I don't think any of us are in a position to do better than we could shoot fish in a barrel. But there's only ever going to be one fall guy when there are more than one or two bad apples.

Of all the talk of DNA and making sure players are personality-wise a good fit for the squad, I think we have failed significantly in this area. LJ spoke of factions and cliques. Just musing, maybe this is where Des Taylor fell short and lost his job. Maybe this was MA's fault, maybe it's LJ's. Again we just don't know enough about the club's operations to conclude.

I don't for one minute believe the sacking of LJ will be the panacea. The club's problems are deeper-rooted. There are other changes which need to be made too. Perhaps DT, JP going are all part of this, perhaps MA should be walking the plank too. I'm not advocating sticking with LJ, if it were my decision he'd have gone long ago, but I think his sacking is taking a plaster to a gunshot wound - it's better than nothing but to heal there are some players that we need to rid ourselves of and I daresay much more in the backroom too.

I often find that the odd cliché helps, but I think using at least six in just the one article takes the biscuit - or is this perhaps a case of the pot calling the kettle black? ;):whistle: 

Not the players fault as LJ picks the team

Not LJ's fault because he can only pick the team and doesn't play

Not SL's fault because he won't let us get relegated

So it's the fans fault for not cheering the team on regardless of what shite is being served up, and John Pemberton's fault because he's popular with the fans and therefore is to blame too by default.

I absolutely lay some blame at the players feet.

There have been numerous examples unprofessionalism and lack of effort or commitment.  

Plus we've been held back by numerous inexplicable 'moments' this season, Tomlin penalty, Taylor miss, GON sending off, ROD moments and many many more. 

But if you strip away these mistakes and moments of bad luck, we've still not been good enough the rest of the time.

Can a team be unlucky? Yes. Can a team get relegated on bad luck alone, for me, no. 

As a whole we've not been good enough and the buck stops with LJ. If not for creating problems with or for the players, for not being able to solve them and progress the team. 

Staff need clear guidance and strong management.

Managers need strong staff who can take responsibility and think for themselves.

In any walk of life, even the crazy world of football - this is true.

To fall apart a little bit needs only one set to be at fault - to completely fail it is everybody so yes the players are dicks too !!

30 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I often find that the odd cliché helps, but I think using at least six in just the one article takes the biscuit - or is this perhaps a case of the pot calling the kettle black? ;):whistle: 

I've listened to LJ too long :shutup:

Archived