IGNORED

JP Appreciation thread

Red Army 75

Hope you find a better club than ours to showcase your talents.

Shame on the club for dismissing you without a thank you for our most successful season ever. I like to know who else has won a double at city.

You deserve better Mr Pemberton.  Good luck in your next role

Perhaps we can leave Pembo some messages in here and pass on the link via Twitter? As the club doesn't seem to fussed about wishing him any success or thanking him for his hard work, in what was my favourite ever season and then in the following campaign he played what I believe to be the key part in keeping us up. Passionate, aggressive and everything we need at the club if we are to stay up in my opinion! Wish John all the best!! Find yourself a decent job with an actual football manager and you'll be flying! 

3 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Perhaps we can leave Pembo some messages in here and pass on the link via Twitter? As the club doesn't seem to fussed about wishing him any success or thanking him for his hard work, in what was my favourite ever season and then in the following campaign he played what I believe to be the key part in keeping us up. Passionate, aggressive and everything we need at the club if we are to stay up in my opinion! Wish John all the best!! Find yourself a decent job with an actual football manager and you'll be flying! 

Done!

26 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just like to say if u read this I'm sorry you're gone . Loved your passion . The badge tapping . Fist pumping. How u called us ciderarmy . Double winning coach . Probably best out of it . You will always have my respect. And best of luck in the future. What a shame 

I couldn't agree more. The bloke stabled a very rocky ship when Cotts was removed and I'll never forget him walking across the pitch at Craven Cottage last season, thumping his chest with pride in the badge and club he was working for.

Good luck Pembo, wherever you end up, I wish you every success.

Thanks JP.

Pembo thank you.

Whatever is behind this decision IMO the official Club statement is both disrespectful and a disgrace.The throw-away statement makes no acknowledgement of your achievements, commitment or successes and fails to thank you and then concludes by slipping in the departure of Des Taylor. Shameful communication.

JP Thanks for your hard work and some amazing memories, I'm sure you will be sorely missed by the players and us fans who owe you a great deal. It's just a shame that the delusional one didn't feel the same. Good luck personally and in your football journey I don't think you will be out of employment for long as should you wish I have every confidence you would make a great manager.

34 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just like to say if u read this I'm sorry you're gone . Loved your passion . The badge tapping . Fist pumping. How u called us ciderarmy . Double winning coach . Probably best out of it . You will always have my respect. And best of luck in the future. What a shame 

Pembo. Top man. You always thanked the fans unlike LJ who runs down the tunnel. You should be in the dugout to season end with Johnson and Holden out. However you won't be forgotten for that great promotion season and will defo do better than the mess that is Bristol City

This is extremely saddening news. I'm flabbergasted as to how it has come to this. Thank you for all of your years of passion, pride and hard work with BCFC. You were there when we needed you the most...steadying the ship after SC left.....I can't believe that you're going......:sad26: 

I will never forget what you said about Bristol City when you were interim manager - 'I want to stay part of this football club becuase it is a really good football club, and I mean that'.. followed by your top appreciation for the fans and your chest/badge pumping after games! From me and the rest of OTIB, thankyou and all the best for the future.

Respect the man so so much, was infinitely passionate and had a real connection with the fans. I can only assume you were "relieved of your duties" because you stood up for what you wanted and refused to go along with the script, and that only makes me admire you more. Good luck Pembo, you'll be missed. (Sounds a bit like a obituary now haha)

11 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Respect the man so so much, was infinitely passionate and had a real connection with the fans. I can only assume you were "relieved of your duties" because you stood up for what you wanted and refused to go along with the script, and that only makes me admire you more. Good luck Pembo, you'll be missed. (Sounds a bit like a obituary now haha)

:clap::clap::clap:

I know we never know what's really going on behind the scenes but I'm surprised, massively disappointed and - on the face of it - just can't understand either this or the Des Taylor decision.

The only possible rationale for keeping LJ on is the (admittedly increasingly hard to support) idea that we are building something for the long-term. Constant chopping and changing of the backroom staff completely contradicts that. It's fair to say that, like many other posters, I'd rather someone else's departure had been announced...

Archived