IGNORED

KeepUpLino

26 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

Didn't look much different to any other Tuesday night game.

what happened to the hoards of people coming in after 15 minutes? Did they forget? 

I agree. Looked similar to the Brentford game to me. 

I was surprised by the atmosphere again. It was very subdued until the late rally but overall it was reasonably supportive. Definitely not as toxic as I expected. 

After today's shenanigans with Pembo and McAllister I'm certain we're stuck with Johnson for the foreseeable come what may. The club will know that many fans are completely disillusioned and they clearly don't care. I've never known anything quite like it. 

11 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

from where I was sat in A block dolman the south stand looked empty!!

From the Atyeo it looked sparse in the sides but quite dense as each block moved in. As said I wouldn't nail my colours to any mast, but it didn't look 'that' empty at all. 

Just now, Sleepy1968 said:

Its a League edict, and has been for quite a number of years. I think it's designed to make the league look as attractive as possible to potential sponsors etc.

Personally, along with everyone else no doubt, I'd prefer to know how many were there.

I think we all remeber the days when we used to under report the figures, much to the amusement of the crowd. A few times they'd correct it upwards, pretending they'd forgot to add on the Dolman numbers or such!

Definitely. Remember hearing the attendance being given out a few times and the crowd burst out laughing!

I recall a couple of years ago a Man Utd fans group made a Freedom of Information request to Greater Manchester Police to get the numbers of people who actually passed through the turnstiles at both Manchester clubs, which turned out to be a good few thousand lower than the published attendance every time.

3 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

It seems strange, fans trying to "down" the crowd for their own agenda, and I want Johnson out as much as the next guy (especially after the Pembo carve up) I'll do anything to get rid BAR miss a home game . It seems as though we have to apologize for attending ! :grr: 

I think it's just that some don't understand that ticket sales are always quoted in place of the actual attendance, and then when they hear the figures they think the club are conspiring to artificially inflate the real attendance. As i pointed out above, it's a requirement of the League, not another black ops move by LJ, MA and SL et al. The only thing they might be guilty of is not making the distinction clear, but I expect thats frowned upon officially.

Anyway, for what its worth, I reckon you could've almost jammed everyone into the Dolman and South Stand.

12 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

It seems strange, fans trying to "down" the crowd for their own agenda, and I want Johnson out as much as the next guy (especially after the Pembo carve up) I'll do anything to get rid BAR miss a home game . It seems as though we have to apologize for attending ! :grr: 

Mate honestly this is a really ridiculous post... try asking someone who was sat in the Dolman how empty the ground looked... it was empty.. this was an honest observation FFS... no agenda attached!!!

3 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Have you got kids? ....they'll try anything to stay up late on a school ngt :grr:... till H/T was my compromise!!!

Yes mate I have and I agree! Just a bit surprised at the complete turnaround from Sunday when you said this...

replied to Dynamite Red's topic in Football Chat

I won't be stepping foot in that ground again until LJ is gone... pure and simple as that!!!
  •  

17 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Mate honestly this is a really ridiculous post... try asking someone who was sat in the Dolman how empty the ground looked... it was empty.. this was an honest observation FFS... no agenda attached!!!

Each to his own, but many agree with me that it wasn't "that" empty.

54 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

from where I was sat in A block dolman the south stand looked empty!!

From where I sit I thought the South Stand was as full as normal.  Guessing during the game I said 16k.

Oh, and where do I sit?  In the South Stand!!!  

Maybe you should take your agenda and leave Ashton Gate 10 minutes before the end of the game.

54 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I'm a ST holder, we have two, once we've paid for them it doesn't make a blind bit of notice whether we actually go to matches or not...we're counted. If you want to make any sort of protest by staying away you have to be a POTD fan.

Not really. They will need to sell STs again soon dont forget. It will be noted.

15 minutes ago, allyolly said:

Yes mate I have and I agree! Just a bit surprised at the complete turnaround from Sunday when you said this...

replied to Dynamite Red's topic in Football Chat

I won't be stepping foot in that ground again until LJ is gone... pure and simple as that!!!
  •  

I'm the most fickle fan on OTIB shat can I say?

12 minutes ago, Chivs said:

From where I sit I thought the South Stand was as full as normal.  Guessing during the game I said 16k.

Oh, and where do I sit?  In the South Stand!!!  

Maybe you should take your agenda and leave Ashton Gate 10 minutes before the end of the game.

Liar!!!

Archived